Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-26-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stopping Morris is the key. That guy impressed me a lot more than Bob does. Morris is a bowling ball who seems to bounce off guys and gets positive yards.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's very impressive and opens up the Griffin passing game. I agree if we can stop him that will severely limit what that offense can do.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Kenny is more important to re-sign than Joseph. At the end of the day, Joseph is a 2 down run stuffing NT who offers no pass rush ability. He's not a premium player with premium skills.

It's much harder replacing Phillips than it is replacing Joseph. We gotta factor that into the equation.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes Phillips is more important than Joseph but you're underrating Joseph big time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-26-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense played very well. But now that we showed these formations and looks, let's see how things unfold as teams have more film on us. I think that's the trend every year. I think we don't add as many tendency breakers as other teams. Injuries and poor coordinators also contributed to our Nov. swoon.

I was very impressed with the defense, BUT... let's see if they can do that as they show more on tape. And let's see them be consistent for off. We won against the 9ers and then our defense got owned.

3 safety look is fine, but more importantly we blitzed more. Even Cb blitzes and delay blitzes and it was refreshing to see.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Defense played very well. But now that we showed these formations and looks, let's see how things unfold as teams have more film on us. I think that's the trend every year. I think we don't add as many tendency breakers as other teams. Injuries and poor coordinators also contributed to our Nov. swoon.

I was very impressed with the defense, BUT... let's see if they can do that as they show more on tape. And let's see them be consistent for off. We won against the 9ers and then our defense got owned.

3 safety look is fine, but more importantly we blitzed more. Even Cb blitzes and delay blitzes and it was refreshing to see.
It really wasn't any different from anything we did before to be honest. Guys just executed. I think health had a lot to do with it. Also GB's OL being avg at best also helped.

GB didn't do what most teams do to us: Max protect and chip. They're a wide open offense they don't like keeping guys in to block like that, and you can't do that vs our defense.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

None of the teams really scare me. We could beat anyone and that's why it gets so frustrating when we lose to teams like the Bengals in that fashion. At our best we win another Super Bowl but for whatever reason we don't always bring it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-26-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We can beat any team. We can lose to any team. That's the Giants.

I don't think we have enough this year though. Our secondary isn't as good as last year, and our offense isn't as good as last year. That's what's gonna eventually do us in. Our offense.

Last year we had Nicks and Cruz. And you couldn't double both. And in the event you could take both of them out, we had Mario who offered 1 to 2 big plays a game to counter that.

This year we have a hobbled Nicks who isn't nearly as effective as last year, Cruz, and that's it. That is gonna hurt us eventually in the playoffs.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Nicks, Cruz, and Eli will roll the next 5 weeks. Randle will step up and become an adequate 3rd WR. If Wilson gets his carries he'll open it up also. It comes down to the OL for me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-26-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It really wasn't any different from anything we did before to be honest. Guys just executed. I think health had a lot to do with it. Also GB's OL being avg at best also helped.

GB didn't do what most teams do to us: Max protect and chip. They're a wide open offense they don't like keeping guys in to block like that, and you can't do that vs our defense.
It was different. On both sides of the ball it was different. I noticed that right off from the 1st play on offense with the great designed screen pass. That was a great play and good design. On offense, we saw split back formation with Brown and Bradshaw. On defense, we saw different things. That's all good, now I just want to see game to game with this defense if that level of play still raises or does it dip.

On offense which I like the best, I saw a lot of new things. I was happy by that. We showed some balls and I loved going for it on 4th down. We played aggressive and that went down to play calling. That's exactly what I want to see!
Old 11-26-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
It was different. On both sides of the ball it was different. I noticed that right off from the 1st play on offense with the great designed screen pass. That was a great play and good design. On offense, we saw split back formation with Brown and Bradshaw. On defense, we saw different things. That's all good, now I just want to see game to game with this defense if that level of play still raises or does it dip.

On offense which I like the best, I saw a lot of new things. I was happy by that. We showed some balls and I loved going for it on 4th down. We played aggressive and that went down to play calling. That's exactly what I want to see!
Eh. Our coverage shells weren't any different from before. The only difference was an occasional blitz and stunt up front. The shells were the same.

We did run more Cover 2 invert. That was the only noticeable difference to me.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Andre Brown was placed on short term IR but sounds like he'd only make it back for the Super Bowl if we happen to get back there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-26-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't know, I felt like we sent a lot more A gap pressure on our blitzes than normal. Maybe it was just me though.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RB's to look at:

Jordan Toddman (Minnesota Practice Squad) probably too inexperienced

Thomas Jones (Free Agent) probably too old
Earnest Graham (Free Agent) probably too old

Ryan Grant (Free Agent) probably sucks too much
Tim Hightower (Free Agent) maybe
Mewelde Moore (Free Agent) maybe

Sammy Morris (Free Agent) probably too old
Mike Sellers (Free Agent) probably too old

Steve Slaton (Free Agent) maybe

Edit: out of all these players I feel like Slaton, Moore, or Hightower could be a good pickups.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 11-26-2012 at 03:56 PM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a reason no one has picked up Ryan Grant. He must have an injury of some kind.

Moore or Hightower seems right up Coughlin's alley.

Slaton is way too fumble-prone.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moore, Hightower or Addai would make the most sense - they'll want someone who pass protects.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I rather just give Wilson snaps. This late in the season, I don't want a washed up RB. It doesn't really solve anything.

Bring back Petrus!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I rather just give Wilson snaps. This late in the season, I don't want a washed up RB. It doesn't really solve anything.

Bring back Petrus!
Oh yea definitely want Wilson and Bradshaw to get all the meaningful snaps, but if one goes down I just want a RB that can protect Eli and no fumble.

Petrus is on New England BBD.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We can't have just 2 RB's on the roster so we do need to sign someone. I expect an announcement later today on who that is. Wilson should get more of the snaps now though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-27-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We can't have just 2 RB's on the roster so we do need to sign someone. I expect an announcement later today on who that is. Wilson should get more of the snaps now though.
Don't we still have the kid from Maryland? Scott?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Oh yea definitely want Wilson and Bradshaw to get all the meaningful snaps, but if one goes down I just want a RB that can protect Eli and no fumble.

Petrus is on New England BBD.
NE is just trolling us at this point.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott's been on the roster, inactive though for all the games I believe. Wonder if he or Jersey Joe gets the call
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Scott was placed on IR a long time ago.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Scott was placed on IR a long time ago.
totally missed that one. Probably why we haven't heard is name in forever. Yeah, we're definitely gonna sign someone like Hightower or Addai
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
Giants will sign free agent RB Kregg Lumpkin today
Old 11-27-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gross. Kregg Lumpkin? Really?

I'd rather grab someone like Addai who at the very least can catch the ball and pass block well.