Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-28-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ive never touched the comics so all of my problems are directly related to the show and its writers. I'm glad to hear from most people that this season has generally improved in most areas tho, so I'm optimistic going forward when I catch up with this season over break.
I have also not read the comics, I just have friends that have so they hyped me up for what was to come along with reading things in this thread. This season has been better but again, a let down. This last episode going into the mid season break looks like it will be action packed so I am hoping it delivers. What upsets me about the show and especially this season is there are really nice moments, moments where I see that the show could actually be pretty damn good but then those moments tend to be followed by cheesy, dumb, awfully written ********.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I have also not read the comics, I just have friends that have so they hyped me up for what was to come along with reading things in this thread. This season has been better but again, a let down. This last episode going into the mid season break looks like it will be action packed so I am hoping it delivers. What upsets me about the show and especially this season is there are really nice moments, moments where I see that the show could actually be pretty damn good but then those moments tend to be followed by cheesy, dumb, awfully written ********.
But are those moments enough for you tolerate everything else that seems to constantly annoy you about the program? If not, why keep watching?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
But are those moments enough for you tolerate everything else that seems to constantly annoy you about the program? If not, why keep watching?
Not really to be honest. If this show were about anything but zombies I would have stopped watching long ago. Ever since watching the original Dawn of the Dead when I was younger I have tried to consume anything zombie related. I also like TV shows and am told the comics were great so I keep watching, hoping it gets better. Speaks more to me having no life than the show being good.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn mobile safari

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 11-28-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
http://thewalkingdeadcomicsonline.blogspot.com/

Alright guys I found another link that has issue 1-102 50 more than the other link

I will accept payments in the same way as last :D
I would suggest those who havn't use Bantx's link and read them.

Edit he also had another one that had the first 53 issues in English searching now.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's incredibly easy to just torrent the comics too.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen the last three episodes but they're on my DVR. Should I watch them?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I haven't seen the last three episodes but they're on my DVR. Should I watch them?
Not as great as the first few, but they definitely weren't bad. Also a few really cool scenes.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yep i recommend. i would say just watch the most recent episode since it was one of my favorites in the series but you need the storyline.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just watched 4 in a row last night and am now caught up. If you haven't given up on it by now then the obvious answer is yes, watch them. It's definitely much better this season than last.

As for the Governor: I have no knowledge of the comics but clearly see him as a serious wildcard psycho just based on the little things they've shown. Hell, the journal with the Shining-esque compulsive scribbling is enough to know the guy is severely wrong in the head. Then they show him w/his daughter and we have already seen the heads and the brutal ambush for supplies.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Cop out. They absolutely could have. Half measures man, The Walking Dead is great at that and I don't like it.
He was just saving his stamina for Andrea later that night. Plus shes hotter.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
He was just saving his stamina for Andrea later that night. Plus shes hotter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Lauren Cohan is enough reason to watch the last week's episode.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-30-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can also read all the issues on youtube, some user has all of them posted.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****! This episode is intense.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 12-02-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see they're sticking to their "one for one" policy on black male characters.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Just saw the preview for the next episode, looks like Andrea is still an idiot and sticking with the Governor. She saw that he kept a zombie daughter, tanks of zombie heads, and has one of her former friends and it doesn't even phase her? What a stupid *****.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 12-02-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like it might be Merle vs Daryl in February.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

DAMNIT!!! Now I have to wait til February. This is the Governor that I was kinda looking for.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it february yet? :|

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Carl>Glenn

Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty good finale there. I'm stoked that they finally brought in Tyreese and gave him a big ass hammer. Hopefully they let him keep ******* zombies up like he did in the comics.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Just when I got over T-Dog they off Oscar. (enters Tyreese) Third times a charm.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Carl is the greatest marksman the world has ever known.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I see they're sticking to their "one for one" policy on black male characters.
I lol'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
Carl>Glenn
Carl was actually an intelligent/savvy character this episode. I've really liked what they've done with him. Carl in small doses isn't hard to stomach. They've clearly responded to the criticism surrounding him and it is awesome. Also, he should totally bang the blondie before that creepy pervert prisoner tries it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Pretty good finale there. I'm stoked that they finally brought in Tyreese and gave him a big ass hammer. Hopefully they let him keep ******* zombies up like he did in the comics.
Tyreese is so god damn awesome. Fans of the comic will be rejoicing that he has arrived because he is just a badass in the comics. Ex-pro football player who destroys zombies. Looks as though he might be threshed out a decent amount too given that he is the leader of his group.

Great episode and I has a huge sad because it's gone till Feb :(