Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-26-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill has just as many wins this year as Gabbert has in both of his years. Lots of things go into that, but winning matters for QBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill has been a better QB for two seasons now and it hasn't been close.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Tannehill is the starting QB of the Dolphins and he has a hot wife. Blaine Gabbert is just hoping to get another shot at being a starter. And Japanese girls supposedly think he's hot. They're not alike at all...
Old 11-29-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've cut a few more games of Dysert, and the way that Miami, OH has changed their offense over the course of the season really turns me off. They're completely in Gabbert mode with him. They have him miscast as an improviser/runner in an Empty/Quick spread, telling him to drop his eyes and run when the first read in the progression isn't there.

Ugh. Hopefully working under center at the SR bowl will do him good. He's much better at it.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

Why is Collin Klein not being talked about more with this draft class? especially how well he played most of this season

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
I've cut a few more games of Dysert, and the way that Miami, OH has changed their offense over the course of the season really turns me off. They're completely in Gabbert mode with him. They have him miscast as an improviser/runner in an Empty/Quick spread, telling him to drop his eyes and run when the first read in the progression isn't there.

Ugh. Hopefully working under center at the SR bowl will do him good. He's much better at it.
Maybe he is like Gabbert. Suffered a lacerated spleen in 2010. Hard to get it out of your mind when you've obviously heard about Chris Simms's situation.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Simms was awful long before he got his guts squeezed out of his anus.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Chris Simms was awful long before he got his guts squeezed out of his anus.
This truly had me laughing out loud:-)
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:30 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked Clausen as a prospect too. One of my biggest whiffs in recent draft history. Not because I thought he was elite QB potential, but I really didn't think he could be as bad as he is. Not surprised that Bradford is incredibly mediocre though.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After his personality came to light, along with that group speedo pic, I couldn't believe anyone was still on his wagon. 90% of quarterbacking is what goes on between the ears, and Clausen just wasn't very strong there.

God damn it.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heart(ed) Clausen too.

I wish I could have seen him play more as a rookie because I still have no idea why the Panthers gave up on him after his rookie season.

Maybe I'm stubborn but I still think Clausen has some game in him that could be developed, but it won't happen until he leaves Carolina.

Most players only get one chance to be a starter at QB in the NFL, after that you're placed in the NFL version of the witness protection program.

Like, I think Clausen is still better than anyone on the Cards roster. He's better than Foles in Philly IMO. The Jets couldn't use Clausen??

Just goes to show that if your team has a chance to significantly upgrade the QB position through the draft, you take that guy, which Carolina did.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I heart(ed) Clausen too.

I wish I could have seen him play more as a rookie because I still have no idea why the Panthers gave up on him after his rookie season.

The coaches took a look at him in practice and quickly realized he just wasn't capable of being a starting NFL QB, ever. It always amazes me how people don't believe a coach can tell pretty quickly if a player has it or not by watching him in practice.

Maybe I'm stubborn but I still think Clausen has some game in him that could be developed, but it won't happen until he leaves Carolina.

He'll never be a starting QB on a winning NFL team.

Most players only get one chance to be a starter at QB in the NFL, after that you're placed in the NFL version of the witness protection program.

Because, coaches can all see the same flaws although there has been the occassional exception.

Like, I think Clausen is still better than anyone on the Cards roster. He's better than Foles in Philly IMO. The Jets couldn't use Clausen??

No he isn't!!!

Just goes to show that if your team has a chance to significantly upgrade the QB position through the draft, you take that guy, which Carolina did.
Bad scouting department and a poor GM led to drafting Claussen, happens all the time. It's one thing to draft a QB you believe in who has talent but it is quite another to draft a QB who is talentless, but out of desperation, you draft him. In the case of Claussen, perhaps the owner interfered and insisted that the team draft Clausasen, we'll never know.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I heart(ed) Clausen too.

Wow you must have never caught a game of his, like ever. Other then be a ton of hype leading up to and out of high school, there was nothing to be excited about.

This though

Quote:
I still have no idea why the Panthers gave up on him after his rookie season

Because he's one of the worst QB's in the NFL and they got to draft Cam Newton? I couldn't even tell if you were serious here or not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
there's a reason clausen dropped. and it's not that no one needed a qb. it's because he wasn't very good. if he'd played anywhere other than ND, he would've dropped even further, but people see the helmet and get an irrational boner.
Channeling their inner pedos. They figure if he went to ND, he must like it in the pooper.

God damn it.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
After his personality came to light, along with that group speedo pic, I couldn't believe anyone was still on his wagon. 90% of quarterbacking is what goes on between the ears, and Clausen just wasn't very strong there.
Brady Quinn?

Charlie played the hell out of the NFL.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Brady Quinn looked scared as hell in the pocket to me. Didn't appear to handle pressure well. He didn't have it where it mattered either.

God damn it.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
Tannehill has been a better QB for two seasons now and it hasn't been close.
Tannehill was a better QB when he was still playing WR
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

Quote:
Tannehill was a better QB when he was still playing WR
I'm sig'ing this.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

What are the thoughts on Landry Jones? At one point he was being looked at as a high first round pick. I know his stock has dropped, but I still sort of like him--especially if he fell to the 2nd round.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote