Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-29-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having to take workplace harassment training.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
People who mispronounce things. Like Whataburger. My wife and her family pronounce it WATT-aburger. When they just say what, they don't pronounce it watt, so why pronounce it like that when you say the name of the restaurant. Also, people who pronounce peanuts like pea-nits. It's a U not an I. When you pronounce it like that, it sounds like *****.

Edit: I love these censor rules. The proper term ***** is hidden but the slang verion dick is not. But when you switch genders, the proper term vagina is not censored but the slang version ***** is. It's a strange world we live in.
I say watt-aburger.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hate this Taco Bell commercial for steak nachos. This guy is sitting with his friends at a proper steak house and he thinks to himself "forget an actual steak and the company of my friends, I'll leave and go get some steak nachos from TACO BELL OF ALL PLACES AND EAT ON MY CAR".. really?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I say watt-aburger.
Well then... you grind my gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well then... you grind my gears.
/mefistbumpsjr'swife
Old 11-29-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

something I saw on the Bengals message board:

"Le'Veon really reminds me of Hershel Walker just a tad slower."

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trying to buy something on craigslist. I'm trying to grab that Playstation TV that Best Buy had for $100 on black friday. I email about 10 people who are selling them, some for jacked up prices up to $200, and get only one response. I offer $130 on the item he lists at $140 and he says cool. 2 hours later he says its $150 because he has 2 other buyers now. I pass and now I still have heard nothing back from the other 9 people.

I understand thats how CL works but its still frustrating. I now need to sell 2 Wii U's on there soon. I'm not even going to price gouge people on them, I just got 2 extra because I put a couple orders in online that I didn't think went through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who blame me when other adults can't take care of themselves.

I supervise a team of 8 people. 7 of those people are female, and about 75% of our office is female. One of my coworkers (not one that I supervise) comes to me to tell me we (my boss and I) need to stop hiring women because the women's bathroom is disgusting and they can't even use it sometimes.

Hey, here's an idea: clean up after yourselves and yell at the people who don't. Everyone here is 25+, no one should be responsible for other people's actions. Don't blame me because women in general live like slobs (in my experience). Also, try yelling at the cleaning staff if that **** doesn't get cleaned each night.

Also, I find it hilarious that a women's bathroom can get so disgusting that no one can use it. Like what, are chicks squatting and pissing all over the seat?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The government run lottery really rubs me the wrong way. They collect people's money, give some of it back to the winners, and then take a big chunk of the winnings back again. It seems like fraud to tell people the winner will receive $100 million dollars if the winner doesn't win even close to that much...
Old 12-01-2012, 07:03 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
The government run lottery really rubs me the wrong way. They collect people's money, give some of it back to the winners, and then take a big chunk of the winnings back again. It seems like fraud to tell people the winner will receive $100 million dollars if the winner doesn't win even close to that much...
As the old adage goes, it is a tax on being poor and stupid.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Government run lottery. It paid for my college.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 12-01-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love the Government run lottery. It paid for my college.
That's not a bad point.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know there are benefits to the lottery, but I still don't think it's right to collect money, claim the winner will get a certain amount of money, and then turn right around and take a big chunk of that money right back. It would seem more honest if the government just kept more of the money up front and then gave the winners the amount of money they actually get to keep.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny thing about laws and government; they only pass laws the people agree to let them.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

It's called taxes. They say you win $250 million, but then tax you 30ish percent to knock it down around 175-180 million. We pay taxes on everything, why not on lottery winners.

But in other news, people who try to use your credit card grind my gears. I'm expecting to have a nice relaxing Saturday watching football and eating Mexican food. But I wake up to phone calls that someone tried to use my card for $380 at a Target in Connecticut. I'm getting a mortgage finalized this week, I don't need ************* stealing my identity.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 12-01-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to be selfish, JR. Probably just some poor people trying to buy Christmas presents for their kid.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's called taxes.
Knew that was coming. I'm just saying the should tax up front and not false advertise inflated winnings.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It isn't false advertising.....your winnings become income and you have to pay tax on said income. I don't see the problem.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It isn't false advertising.....your winnings become income and you have to pay tax on said income. I don't see the problem.
If you win $100 million in a government lottery and the government takes half of it right back, you didn't win $100 million. At least that's the way I see it.

Last edited by Halsey : 12-01-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's called taxes. They say you win $250 million, but then tax you 30ish percent to knock it down around 175-180 million. We pay taxes on everything, why not on lottery winners.

But in other news, people who try to use your credit card grind my gears. I'm expecting to have a nice relaxing Saturday watching football and eating Mexican food. But I wake up to phone calls that someone tried to use my card for $380 at a Target in Connecticut. I'm getting a mortgage finalized this week, I don't need ************* stealing my identity.
I made a couple of terrible financial choices about 5-6 years ago and blew my personal credit to hell, so nobody ever steals my identity.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you win $100 million in a government lottery and the government takes half of it right back, you didn't win $100 million. At least that's the way I see it.
Do you complain at your employer for offering you specified salary even though you don't receive every penny of it after taxes, heathcare, etc?
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Knew that was coming. I'm just saying the should tax up front and not false advertise inflated winnings.
So are you saying that if the winnings are $250 but after taxes you only get $180 after taxes, they should just advertise the winner get $180 and is not taxed on it?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 12-01-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
If you win $100 million in a government lottery and the government takes half of it right back, you didn't win $100 million. At least that's they way I see it.
Whether you did or didn't, it is all semantics and by the letter of the law, the government is right. You're income was increased by 100 million dollars....that was what you won, you just have to pay taxes on income. That's how it works for literally any money that you acquire in (almost) any way.

Practical example (I know it's not exactly the same because the government gets the money, but the sentiment with regards to presentation of information is there): When I get my bonus, if I choose to tell people what the award was, do I have to present the number with taxes backed out? Absolutely not, I'd just say the award and assume they have the intelligence to figure out that it's taxed (or, more likely, say the award and then ***** about how awful taxes are).
Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
So are you saying that if the winnings are $250 but after taxes you only get $180 after taxes, they should just advertise the winner get $180 and is not taxed on it?
Yeah, this is another point I was going to make......you know, the whole bastardization of tax laws thing.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

This is becoming a complicated debate. I have a better idea. How about the government leave gambling to private companies and then tax those companies the same way other businesses are taxed. We don't need government directly involved in the gambling business.