Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's your MVP entering Sunday week 12
P Manning 28 50.00%
A Rodgers 4 7.14%
T Brady 12 21.43%
R Griffin 1 1.79%
D Brees 3 5.36%
M Ryan 2 3.57%
A Peterson 4 7.14%
A Foster 0 0%
M Lynch 1 1.79%
Other: Who? 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Manning's MVP campain started last year when without him, the colts went 2-14. With him? They were super bowl contenders.

He's come back from a full year off of football and right now, is hitting his stride. I just think it's going to be an easy choice for the writers.

Peyton Manning.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I think Manning's MVP campain started last year when without him, the colts went 2-14. With him? They were super bowl contenders.

He's come back from a full year off of football and right now, is hitting his stride. I just think it's going to be an easy choice for the writers.

Peyton Manning.
Which has exactly what to do with the MVP race this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The point is that he's on pace for 1300 yards. People are giving up the runs because if they don't, they know Brady will kill them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Which explains the prolific rushing attacks of Aaron Rodgers' Packers and Peyton Manning at the Colts. Got it...
Well then why didn't BJGE, Danny Woodhead, Laurance Maroney, or Sammy Morris ever do it? It's not like Brady is playing at a much higher level than ever before.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't vote, but I'm surprised Matty Ice didn't get more votes.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Which has exactly what to do with the MVP race this year?
He said his campaign started last year when everyone joked about him being the MVP without playing a snap. I'm assuming he's joking more than anything, but his play this year makes the people who said that last year look a little bit better. (Unfortunately)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:38 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would give it to Rodgers. He's the best player in the NFL with a team that has taken two steps back offensively. That makes him more valueable. BigBen to me is still in the top 3. I know his injury hurts his chances (which were slim to none), but his value to that team is up there with the most elite QBs in the game. Matt Ryan should not be considered. Brady is a close 2nd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He said his campaign started last year when everyone joked about him being the MVP without playing a snap. I'm assuming he's joking more than anything, but his play this year makes the people who said that last year look a little bit better. (Unfortunately)
Again, having what to do with the MVP race this year? Luck is already getting the Colts into the playoffs by the looks of things as only a rookie, and Manning is now on a team that Tebow led into the divisional round of the playoffs. That argument was always ridiculous imo, the Colts basically packed it in that entire season with a puppet head coach and some of the worst back up QB play I have ever seen. Luck in only his rookie year is taking that team into the playoffs, but we don't hear any talk of him getting the MVP for taking a 2-14 team and turning it into AFC contenders.

With that said Manning should always be in the running for the MVP race but that stupid god damn argument is just so ridiculous. I don't see how Manning playing well for a new team makes the people who said that last year look any better, especially when Luck has turned that team around into contenders in his first nfl season and the team Manning is playing for now has already shown it has talent to compete without him.

Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 11-27-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts are a threat to make the playoffs with Luck, but I don't think a soul views them as SB contenders.

The Broncos with Tebow weren't SB contenders.
Denver with Manning are one of the odds on favorites to get to the AFCCG and make the SB.

There's a difference.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I'm not ready to count out anyone in the AFC, its such a mess that I could realistically see any team in the playoffs making a push. Ravens don't look great and have barely managed to squeak by these past two weeks, Houstons defense has been giving up points, The Pats can't stop anyone on defense and can't move the ball in the 4th quarter, and Denver decides they only like playing football once they are down three scores.

Clearly theres a difference, I never said there wasn't but what does the Colts record last year have to do with Manning getting the MVP on the Broncos this year? I know Bucs may have been joking, but he isn't the only one to use that argument in here.

Hell gncp asked what Mannings reputation had to do with anything, then turned around and said he'll always remember the Colts going 2-14 without him. lol

Quote:
Old 11-27-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
The Colts are a threat to make the playoffs with Luck, but I don't think a soul views them as SB contenders.

Denver with Manning are one of the odds on favorites to get to the AFCCG and make the SB.

There's a difference.
The Colts weren't going to be a SB contender last year even with Manning though. It was fairly common before news even broke about Manning's injury to see people predicting the Colts to miss the playoffs. That team was deteriorating fast.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Well then why didn't BJGE, Danny Woodhead, Laurance Maroney, or Sammy Morris ever do it? It's not like Brady is playing at a much higher level than ever before.
You do realize that Ridley is infinitely better than any of those guys, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretending like last year doesn't count for Manning's MVP considerations is naive. Should it? No. Will the media go ******* crazy over how amazing Manning is and use his absence last year as a reason why? Absolutely. Its similar to the way that everyone expects Tom Brady to play amazing and when he does no one is amazed by it. If Tom Brady didn't routinely have incredible seasons I guarantee that he would have more people calling him a potential MVP than he does right now.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

There's a difference.
I would say that the Broncos were much closer to being superbowl contenders last year than the colts were to being playoff contenders.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sorry, but if you are trying to say the impact felt by Manning's injury last year was not catostrophic and trying to downplay it by the success that Luck is having is naive.

Manning won 150 games total in 13 years including his Rookie season that was a learning experience to say the least with only 3 wins.

He has won 141 regular season wins that comes to be around 11 wins a year, and it wasnt like he was playing mediocre football in those years he accumulated 4 MVPs multiple passing titles and a Super Bowl to go along with most consecutive playoff appearances with 9.

Obviously an injured player will never and should never win the MVP, but the award is to honor the most valuable player..having a team year in and year out pretty much be a lock for the playoffs and a QB that is a MVP candidate almost every year all of a sudden look like one of the worst in recent memory speaks volumes of Manning's value to the colts, and an argument could be made that he was easily the most valuable player to their teams success in the NFL last year.

Is Andrew Luck having a great year? Yes.
Are the Colts a better team overall than they were a year ago? Yes.
Would the Colts have made the playoffs if Peyton never got injured? Who Knows, but it would be hard to convince me that they wouldnt have with the way Manning covers up many offensive flaws by his audibles on the field.

What im trying to say is Manning's presence on the field with the calls and checks and obviously his production is in my mind far more valuable than many people are giving him credit. Are there other prolific QB's? Yes. But do any of them have the responsibilities on field as Manning has shown in terms of checks and audibles and maniupulating the D?

Manning's impact on the Broncos is obviously not seen in terms of say.. taking a 1-15 team to SB contention. As the Broncos were 8-8 but lets not kid our selves, the Broncos and "Tebow Time" were more lucky than talented.

Manning has taken for the most part the exact same Offensive personnel as last year's joke of a squad into a well oiled machine and as the season has been progressing they have gotten stronger (as has Manning's Arm) they are getting on the same page when it comes to checks and reads and learning each other.

I think Manning has a legit shot at brining home a fifth MVP as well as Comeback player of the year, which through my research has only happened once in NFL history.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco27 View Post
What im trying to say is Manning's presence on the field with the calls and checks and obviously his production is in my mind far more valuable than many people are giving him credit. Are there other prolific QB's? Yes. But do any of them have the responsibilities on field as Manning has shown in terms of checks and audibles and maniupulating the D?
In what universe is Peyton Manning not getting credit for his audibles at the line? That's been the focus of every game broadcast of his for the past 12 years.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand that, but people trying to claim he is only getting it on last years injury or previous accomplishments is what im hinting at... the guy does so much for his teams
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
You do realize that Ridley is infinitely better than any of those guys, right?
Exactly. He's also infinitely better than James Starks, Alex Green, Joseph Addai, and Donald Brown.

So what's your point again?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Exactly. He's also infinitely better than James Starks, Alex Green, Joseph Addai, and Donald Brown.

So what's your point again?
My point is that Brady hasn't had a decent RB since 2006. Defenses has been giving up the run for years now, and still Brady has been phenomenal. Having a good RB doesn't detract anything in the MVP race. Or at least, it shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
I understand that, but people trying to claim he is only getting it on last years injury or previous accomplishments is what im hinting at... the guy does so much for his teams
If youre hinting at me, that is the exact opposite of what I'm saying here btw.

Pretty sure I have been saying the same thing, thats a dumb argument to make. The colts season last year and Mannings performance this year has nothing to do with anything.

Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 11-27-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It probably shouldn't play into it, but the Colts massive sucktitude last year reflects largely positively on Manning and it will carry over into how he is viewed for MVP this year. You can explain more reasons why the Colts were awful last year (coaching, Painter, quitting), but I still believe that Manning gets that team to the playoffs despite the rosters deficiencies. I wouldn't give the MVP to a hurt player, but Manning was practically the only reason the Colts were decent, let alone playoff teams, in those last years. The entirety of the teams success rested on his shoulders; the offense and defense didn't work with out him.

Denver was a playoff team last year, but let's not pretend the were that good. The had multiple 'miracle' wins and scathed by to get into the playoffs where they barely won a beat up Steelers team in OT while in Denver. They have talent but Manning is actually able to utilize it while elevating guys like Stokely & Tamme into productive players. Denver is getting better and better each week. They should be humming by the end of the year with the schedule they have coming up, and if Manning keeps winning then he will be at the very top for MVP.

Last year shouldn't affect the voters this year, but I sincerely doubt that voters will be able to avoid it.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Brady wasn't so pretty I'd vote for him to be MVP almost every year.

I'm being biased but guys who look like him are usually kinda douchy, although I think Brady is a standup guy and baller who happens to also look like a male model.

Yes, I resent Tom Brady. Too close to perfect.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My revised ballot:

1- Brady
2- Manning
3- Rodgers
4- RG3
5- AllDay
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck..just kidding...but seriously. If he had less interceptions I think he would deserve more serious contention. Completely turned team around, will likely shatter newtons rookie passing yardage record and had many clutch moments.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
It probably shouldn't play into it, but the Colts massive sucktitude last year reflects largely positively on Manning and it will carry over into how he is viewed for MVP this year. You can explain more reasons why the Colts were awful last year (coaching, Painter, quitting), but I still believe that Manning gets that team to the playoffs despite the rosters deficiencies. I wouldn't give the MVP to a hurt player, but Manning was practically the only reason the Colts were decent, let alone playoff teams, in those last years. The entirety of the teams success rested on his shoulders; the offense and defense didn't work with out him.

Denver was a playoff team last year, but let's not pretend the were that good. The had multiple 'miracle' wins and scathed by to get into the playoffs where they barely won a beat up Steelers team in OT while in Denver. They have talent but Manning is actually able to utilize it while elevating guys like Stokely & Tamme into productive players. Denver is getting better and better each week. They should be humming by the end of the year with the schedule they have coming up, and if Manning keeps winning then he will be at the very top for MVP.

Last year shouldn't affect the voters this year, but I sincerely doubt that voters will be able to avoid it.
So both Manning and Luck get a lot more credit because Polian had such an awful backup last season? Its impossible to know how many more games the Colts would have won with an average starter. Say they had a QB that was decent and went 5-11. Would that have made Luck and Manning's season this year worse?

The Cardinals have shown this year how extremely difficult it is to win with dreadful QB play. The defense has been playing great and their wins have been real struggles. If the Cards had just an average defense they would have only beaten Philly.

I'm not taking everything away from Manning or Luck. If things keep going how they are, Manning and Brady will be neck and neck for MVP.

The Colts going 2-14 reflects just as much on Painter as it reveals about Manning or Luck.

The quality of a backup should have no bearing on how well the starter is judged. It should be comparing how well the team would do with an average player at that position.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone able to explain why Manning has MORE than a 2-1 edge over Brady at this particular point in time in our voting?

Passing Rating Leaders NFL
  1. Rodgers 105.6
  2. Brady 105.2
  3. Manning 104.8
  4. RG3 104.6
  5. Smith 104.1
  6. BigBen 100.0

TD-Ints
  1. Rodgers 28-7
  2. Brady 24-3
  3. Manning 26-8

By the way, Romo has 15 Ints, Rivers has 14, Ryan has 13, and Brees has 16 Ints.

Brady has more yards than Manning too FWIW.
Both have the same record at 8-3, and IIRC, NE beat Denver this year.
Packer footnote: with the win at Seattle that everyone saw happen, Rodgers would also be 8-3 like Brady & Manning.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote