Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-30-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Angels trade Jordan Walden to Atlanta for Tommy Hanson

I like it. I'm paranoid when it comes to pitchers mechanics/injuries, so I don't have a lot of hope for Hanson, but I can't argue with the value they are getting back. He was a top prospect just a few years ago and he did have big time stuff. Whether he regains that form or not is up in the air. I'll take a 26 year old SP who has shown flashes of brilliance for an erratic RP any day of the week though. I also assume with the Halos trading Walden so quickly that they will be signing another RP very shortly
Old 11-30-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the braves thinking in this trade

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That seems like a massive steal.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
What are the braves thinking in this trade
They are very deep at SP, both at the big league level and in the minors

they also probably see the red flags with Hanson's mechanics. Still though, even with the red flags, Hanson's age/contract/skillset should have still netted them something more than an erratic RP
Old 11-30-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch Jason Grilli. If the Pirates re-sign him, Hanrahan is gone.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Angels trade Jordan Walden to Atlanta for Tommy Hanson

I like it. I'm paranoid when it comes to pitchers mechanics/injuries, so I don't have a lot of hope for Hanson, but I can't argue with the value they are getting back. He was a top prospect just a few years ago and he did have big time stuff. Whether he regains that form or not is up in the air. I'll take a 26 year old SP who has shown flashes of brilliance for an erratic RP any day of the week though. I also assume with the Halos trading Walden so quickly that they will be signing another RP very shortly
A little bit more than the Costanza deal I suggested, but I like it. Like I said, the Braves need a RH reliever for bullpen depth, and he should fit nicely. Hanson has been pretty awful recently, and was kind of a waste of a rotation spot.

More importantly, this is probably a precursor for a much bigger move for the Braves. If it is, I'll be quite excited. If not, I'm at least alright with the move. Poor value, but not really a big loss.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather Hanson in the bullpen than trading him away.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good gamble by the Angels. The Braves must think his arm is shot but good lord their bullpen is going to be insanely good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a helluva steal for the Halos. I know the braves poop out top pitching prospects like its nothing but good lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hanson could only net that ? Steal!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of people in this thread missed Hanson's velocity drop and subsequent performance drop.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure Hanson's shoulder is plato these days. Still I think it is a good risk for the Halo's as GF said. The fact that Walden jumps at home plate concerns me a bit, but should be a dynamite reliever regardless.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of sad Karstens got nontendered. Yeah he wasn't great, but the dude was a bulldog out there. He always pitched his heart out. He's going to get a nice little present from a team I think. His only downfall is he struggles to stay healthy.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Also, if the Capuano for Hanrahan deal comes to life, I'm going to be pretty upset.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hines, people are reporting the Dodgers and Pirates have discussed The Hammer for Capauno. How do you feel about that?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Also, if the Capuano for Hanrahan deal comes to life, I'm going to be pretty upset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Hines, people are reporting the Dodgers and Pirates have discussed The Hammer for Capauno. How do you feel about that?
Creepy....exact same time.

But that answers my question haha.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Creepy....exact same time.

But that answers my question haha.
I don't think Capuano for Hanrahan is fair value for him. I'd hope/think the Dodgers would have to throw in another player, even if that means Dee Gordon.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

My questions would be, why cut Karstens and get Capuano when they're basically the same pitcher? You'd pretty much be cutting Hanrahan for nothing, but the GM will make it seem like they didn't.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
My questions would be, why cut Karstens and get Capuano when they're basically the same pitcher? You'd pretty much be cutting Hanrahan for nothing, but the GM will make it seem like they didn't.
The Dodgers will probably just give you $30-$40M for your troubles. No biggie.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Oh sweet, Angels claimed the dude who took out Posey. They finally have an answer on how to stop Mike Napoli(if he re-signs with a team in the division)

wise decision
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Just watched a Buster Onley video blog, that definitely makes a solid point. If the Dodgers give Greinke the 150+ million hes expected to get, almost a lock that Kershaw becomes the first 200 million dollar pitcher in baseball.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Clean mechanics, still only 24 years old, lefty with plus plus stuff and has the pedigree/hardware(Cy Young award). I could see it
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Braves trade was simply a dump off to clear up cap space. Maybe to trade for Justin Upton?!

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

They have the pitching prospects to do it, that is for sure.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
The Braves trade was simply a dump off to clear up cap space. Maybe to trade for Justin Upton?!
First of all, baseball has no cap, but if they wanted to clear some space in a budget, they didn't clear much money by trading Hanson. He's up for arbitration for the first time and from what I read will probably get around $4 mil.

Quote:
They have the pitching prospects to do it, that is for sure.
The Diamondbacks don't want or need pitching prospects; they have Bauer, Skaggs, Bradley, Holmberg, Meo, Chafin, etc., plus how many young starters already in the bigs. They want a SS and the Braves apparently won't give up Simmons.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote