Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

Apparently, the league told the Panthers interm-GM to travel as planned. Disgusting.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure the NFL is monitoring this situation and will do the right thing.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
Old 12-01-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my good friends was a freshman linebacker at UMaine Belcher's last year, don't even know if he knows about this yet. Awful.

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-01-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Panthers were told by the league to travel as planned(for now)

I'm still thinking this game is called off.
Unless the Chiefs outright forfeit the game (does the NFL even allow that?) I think that the most they could really do is delay the game until Monday night.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

25 year old starter in the NFL.. a 2 year old and a 2 1/2 month year old baby. Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Telling them to travel as planned isn't really an indication of anything. They'll want to make an official statement of any cancellation, telling them not to travel would preempt that. Of course the game may go on as planned, but being told to travel right now doesn't mean the game will continue at all.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 12-01-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

And christ, they had a 2 1/2 month old baby. That kid will grow up without their parents now. This is just too sad.
This breaks my heart. Prayers going out to his and her family.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Telling them to travel as planned isn't really an indication of anything. They'll want to make an official statement of any cancellation, telling them not to travel would preempt that. Of course the game may go on as planned, but being told right now doesn't mean the game will continue at all.
Yeah, they're obviously monitoring the situation too. I don't think them traveling is bad at all, just in case this goes down like planned.

I really hope it doesn't though. I'm not even opposed to a forfeit in this case. I don't know that the NFL has a plan in place for something like this. How could you?

General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is shocking, terrible I cant even put words to it. Has more details come forward it just gets worse. Im not sure how they can play a game tomorrow but we'll see what happens.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
Old 12-01-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am quite sure the NFL will postpone this game til at least Tuesday. Say what you want about Goodell, but the man does seem to have a heart and a brain.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All around this is just tragic. His kids, his teammates, the coaches and Pioli who were out there. This is just a sad, sad situation.

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-01-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't want to speculate but when something like this happens the first thing you have to think of is cheating or some unfaithfulness. Hopefully this situation doesn't get any worse for the Chiefs is all I can say.

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-01-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He's a LB, so my first thought was some kind of brain / head trauma? I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's more to postponing a game than making an emotional message board post. Give the NFL some time before rushing to show everyone how you're so much moral than they are.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
There's more to postponing a game than making an emotional message board post. Give the NFL some time before rushing to show everyone how you're so much moral than they are.
Literally no one did this.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Just got off phone w/the KCPD. Spokesman said PD the girl's mother called them, her daughter had been shot by her "on-again, off-again bf".
Quote:

That call was at 7:50 CT. Police called to Arrowhead at 8:10. They found Chiefs staffers, and the player w/a gun to his head in parking lot.
Quote:

... As the officer got out of his car, he heard a gunshot. Player was taken to local hospital, pronounced dead.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It was just confirmed by the KCMO police that it was Jovan Belcher.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus, apparently Belcher thanked both Crennel and Pioli before he took his own life. Crennel and Pioli did not feel threatened
Old 12-01-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He went to the practice facility to thank Pioli and Crennel, thank some of the other coaches, and say goodbye to teammates.. and then killed himself.

I didn't think I could feel worse over this, but I was wrong. Jesus christ.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Police said the 25-year-old player shot his girlfriend multiple times around 8 a.m. at a home in the 5400 block of Crysler Avenue in Kansas City. The woman’s mother was present at the time and witnessed the incident.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Police said the 25-year-old player shot his girlfriend multiple times around 8 a.m. at a home in the 5400 block of Crysler Avenue in Kansas City. The woman’s mother was present at the time and witnessed the incident.
Holy **** man, this really does keep getting worse.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ugh. I'm really sad and depressed over this. It's all so bizarre and senseless. Why do things like this have to happen in the world?

Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Belcher sig for anyone who wants to pay tribute:

Old 12-01-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im stunned. I am left completely speechless. I cant believe what im reading or hearing. RIP... The people who witnessed this may never be the same again.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 12-01-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has just gotten sadder and sadder as more news has come out. Just terrible. Thoughts and prayers go out to both families.
Closed Thread