Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-30-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 13: Panthers AT Chiefs

Discuss the upcoming game here.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

will we actually score a TD this week?
Old 11-30-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think so. I still think we'll lose, but I have a feeling we can keep it close. I think we'll be able to run on them, but I don't for a second think we're going to stop Cam Newton.

Panthers 35, Chiefs 21

Old 11-30-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We fart in your general direction!

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
We fart in your general direction!
Hey, your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

The Chiefs won't win. And I'd like to know the odds of the Chiefs only TD coming via defense or special teams.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who was this guy Jovan Belcher?
J-Mike88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Who was this guy Jovan Belcher?
Starting ILB next to Derrick Johnson. All around solid player, but nothing special.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been part of some discussions this aft about whether the NFL should postpone this game.
I am a very compassionate man, with faith like Kurt Warner, Tim Tebow, Robert Griffin III, etc.
But I say play the game.

There are so many moving parts, such a massive plan, to put on a football game of this magnitude. I know it's 2 teams who, well, aren't in playoff contention, etc. and that there will be plenty of empty seats.

But still, there will be hundreds, thousand perhaps, fans who spent a ton of time and $ to plan on being there for this game.

Now I know it's hard on the team.... we went thru a death in the Packer family 2 days before our playoff egg-layer loss to the Giants, and it did have an affect on the mood/psyche/intensity of the players, without question.

But delaying it 24 hours won't help really. And it will really hurt people who had plans, driving, work, flights, etc.

If Romeo can still coach after witnessing it, the players can play.
I feel very badly for Crennel, and ScottyP... jeez. Prayers to them... that's something that will never go away from their memory. One more selfish part of the brother's decision to shoot himself in the head.
J-Mike88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The game is going on. RAC and Pioli got together with the team captains and they all decided to play the game.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Initially I thought they should cancel the game, but after thinking about it I'm good with going ahead and playing it. If I were a player and it was one of my teammates, the last thing I'd want to do is not play and just be thinking about him all the time. Sad fact of life is that it just keeps going. Nothing to do but put the next foot down.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty good article

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/01...bs-somber.html
Old 12-02-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ugh. Of course they'd choose to play like a team in December when it doesn't matter. **** life.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even care if it cost them the first pick, the players and coaches needed this.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I disagree. You've gotta think about more than week to week at this point. This is the future of the team. A meaningless win in December is a meaningless win, period.

I'm glad they feel good, but if they don't get the QB they need to become a real franchise we're going to be in this same boat next December.

I'm tired of being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs in November. Am I the only one?

Old 12-02-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I disagree. You've gotta think about more than week to week at this point. This is the future of the team. A meaningless win in December is a meaningless win, period.

I'm glad they feel good, but if they don't get the QB they need to become a real franchise we're going to be in this same boat next December.

I'm tired of being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs in November. Am I the only one?
you're not completely wrong but you are wrong somewhat.this team NEEDED this.between 1-10 & now this they deserved this win.just because we won a game today does'nt ruin our chances at a QB.heck there's no QB worth taking @ #1 so can still get one picks 2-5
Old 12-02-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

That makes absolutely no sense. There is no QB worth #1 but #2-#5 is acceptable? What?

And I wanted this team to play like an actual football team in week 1. Or 2. Or 4. Or 5, etc. Moral victories at the end of the year mean nothing.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at this point, we still have the #1 pick. i dont believe any real emotional lift will continue through the following weeks. heck, i really didn't see an emotional lift this week. 2 things made this game turn out the way it did. #1)they took the training wheels off their QB. they asked him to make plays and Quinn delivered. #2)they called plays like they believed in Quinn. for the 1st time this season we saw a team believe in their QB and lets not fool ourselves, it was still Brady Quinn out there. just imagine where this team could be with a good QB. Daboll and Quinn combined nicely today and scored points. even with a lackluster defensive effort, we won a game.

vidae, you know i'm with you on the 'moral victory' topic. this isn't the time to start playing like a team. however, losing this game could have done permanent damage to some of the younger players. at least this win will help with some of the healing. and like i said, we are still inline for the 1st pick at this point.

edit: btw, i had to stop reading the Belcher thread in the Pro Football section. it made me sick reading some of the posts. i know its the internet and everyone here is a "telephone tough guy", but some of the posts were so far over the top, both right and left. i almost dropped my membership, but i have decided to just stick around here on the Chiefs board. it seems all of us have a good perspective and don't say outlandish things to get "likes" or rep. and i thank all of you for that

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 12-02-2012 at 03:51 PM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That makes absolutely no sense. There is no QB worth #1 but #2-#5 is acceptable? What?

And I wanted this team to play like an actual football team in week 1. Or 2. Or 4. Or 5, etc. Moral victories at the end of the year mean nothing.
what is the big deal between 1-15 & 2-14? ANwser: NOTHING. Let it go
Old 12-02-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We play the Browns and Raiders the next two weeks. Both of those could be wins. Every win at the end of the year matters more than you're willing to admit.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

we could win those games & STILL be in posistion to get a QB
Old 12-02-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah I guess. I'm snakebitten by this franchise though.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We play the Browns and Raiders the next two weeks. Both of those could be wins. Every win at the end of the year matters more than you're willing to admit.
Fortunately, Chad Henne is now starting for Jacksonville though. So you'll have some wiggle room.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
we could win those games & STILL be in posistion to get a QB
Yeah, the Chiefs will be in position to take the top quarterback pretty much no matter what. Most of the teams "competing" for the top pick have young quarterbacks in place, combined with a lackluster crop of QBs and several players more worthy of going number 1 overall, I think the Chiefs will still have their pick of QBs.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may fart in your general direction, but nonetheless, congrats Chiefs on the win, you earned it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
REDiculous
Rookie

REDiculous hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would love for us to end up with the #4 or 5 pick instead of the #1 overall pick. That way, if a couple of teams manage to waste top 5 picks on Geno Smith and Matt Barkley, it won't be us.
REDiculous is offline   Reply With Quote