Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew it was only a matter of time before it turned to this. Just a terrible situation all around but mainly you have to think of his kids, family, teammates, and coaches. What he did was awful and there is no way around that but just wait until we know all the details because we may think we know everything but we probably don't.

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't realize Pioli and Romeo were right there with him. I can't imagine what they are going through right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 12-01-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn this is so crazy.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Old 12-01-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I didn't realize Pioli and Romeo were right there with him. I can't imagine what they are going through right now.
Ya that's not something anyone would ever want to witness. Sucks.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Pay tribute to a murderer?
how about f*** him!

From what I read on a KC site, this girl had tried to break up and get away with him many times, but couldn't get away totally... was scared.

Now he slaughters her, leaves a baby without either parent, ruins 2 familes forever, and the ladies' mother witnesses her baby being killed by the animal! She'll never get that image, that horrific moment out of her mind. Ever.

Tribute? F*** this guy.
Jump off a bridge if life is that bad, but don't kill someone else!
I am in no way trying to defend what he did but let's not act like he just decided to go kill people. Mental illness is just that, an illness. Unless you have suffered from a mental affliction you cannot comprehend what is going on in this young man's mind. There is clearly something very, very wrong when someone feels a need to end their own life. Once again, I am not in any way, shape or form defending this but it isn't as though he killed her out of hate or rage and then fled. People with mental illnesses don't see things clearly. It is an unfortunate reality we live in and so many people are affected in some way or another. It is absolutely awful on his girlfriend and her family, but more importantly on her baby, however let's not make out that Belchar was just some cold blooded asshole when clearly he had some serious mental issues.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
Old 12-01-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I am in no way trying to defend what he did but let's not act like he just decided to go kill people. Mental illness is just that, an illness. Unless you have suffered from a mental affliction you cannot comprehend what is going on in this young man's mind. There is clearly something very, very wrong when someone feels a need to end their own life. Once again, I am not in any way, shape or form defending this but it isn't as though he killed her out of hate or rage and then fled. People with mental illnesses don't see things clearly. It is an unfortunate reality we live in and so many people are affected in some way or another. It is absolutely awful on his girlfriend and her family, but more importantly on her baby, however let's not make out that Belchar was just some cold blooded asshole when clearly he had some serious mental issues.
So I suppose we're all cool with Hitler now? Dahmer? Hey, lets tribute those dudes from Columbine. I'm sure they had it super rough with their mental illness.

Mental illness or not, it's a senseless act and deserves no "tribute" in any way, shape or form. What a ridiculous notion - honor someone who KILLED SOMEONE. There is not a single thing she could possibly do that would justify that outcome. Why even try to to excuse his actions? Mental illness is not a reason to excuse personal responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
Old 12-01-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you just compare Jovan Belcher to Hitler or Jeffrey Dahmer?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
Old 12-01-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell is happening in this thread ?

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-01-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
So I suppose we're all cool with Hitler now? Dahmer? Hey, lets tribute those dudes from Columbine. I'm sure they had it super rough with their mental illness.

Mental illness or not, it's a senseless act and deserves no "tribute" in any way, shape or form. What a ridiculous notion - honor someone who KILLED SOMEONE. There is not a single thing she could possibly do that would justify that outcome. Why even try to to excuse his actions? Mental illness is not a reason to excuse personal responsibility.
At no stage in my post did I say what he did was fine, in fact I said

Quote:
I am in no way trying to defend what he did but let's not act like he just decided to go kill people. Mental illness is just that, an illness.
Quote:
Once again, I am not in any way, shape or form defending this but it isn't as though he killed her out of hate or rage and then fled. People with mental illnesses don't see things clearly.
What I was saying is this guy was suffering from a mental illness. He wasn't just some horrible guy who woke up one day and decided to kill his girlfriend.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
Old 12-01-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Did you read the post? He was saying that some supposed mental illness was to blame for this tragedy instead of keeping Jovan Belcher accountable for his senseless act. I was just taking his excuse to an end that defies logic to show how ridiculous it is to use it as an excuse.

Don't let me slow down your tribute though.

Quote:
Titty sprinkles
Old 12-01-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
Belcher is as bad as Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer.. and also **** him, or something.

This is a tragedy all around. We don't need people coming in here with that kind of stuff. Mehhh.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ncst can't read.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-01-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Did you read the post? He was saying that some supposed mental illness was to blame for this tragedy instead of keeping Jovan Belcher accountable for his senseless act. I was just taking his excuse to an end that defies logic to show how ridiculous it is to use it as an excuse.

Don't let me slow down your tribute though.
Are you incapable of reading? He never said Belcher shouldn't be accountable at all. And I haven't paid tribute to him at all either. I think it's disgusting what he did.

Last edited by vidae : 12-01-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: meh.
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't think anyone is advocating what Belcher did, I just think they feel sympathetic towards the guy because he had a mental condition that may have prevented him from seeing things as coherently as there rest of us. People feel the same way towards kids when they commit murder or whatever; they're not always intelligent enough to comprehend their actions.

I don't really care if people crap on Belcher or not, I'm just explaining how other people may feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dunno. But apparently offering to honor a man who just killed someone is not considered offensive, but denouncing said tribute by adding an epitaph to it is clearly crossing the line.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely the worst season in Chief's history...which is saying something.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
At no stage in my post did I say what he did was fine, in fact I said

What I was saying is this guy was suffering from a mental illness. He wasn't just some horrible guy who woke up one day and decided to kill his girlfriend.
All I was saying is that mental illness is the cause for a multitude of horrible things that have happened throughout history. Shouldn't be used to excuse the actions of mentally unstable man though.

And I apologize if it sounded like I was singling you out. I wasn't and didn't mean to if it came out that way.

Quote:
Titty sprinkles
Old 12-01-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
I dunno. But apparently offering to honor a man who just killed someone is not considered offensive, but denouncing said tribute by adding an epitaph to it is clearly crossing the line.
It isn't considered offensive? I wonder why multiple people posted that paying tribute to him was ridiculous. But no Job, you're right, your tasteless and quite honestly humorless joke is absolutely what this thread needed.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Godwin's Law.

Disclosure: I feel no sympathy for a murderer. But lets stay classy.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Definitely the worst season in Chief's history...which is saying something.
What is this I don't even

Old 12-01-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Can't we just have a little bit of respect for the player he was. As a human being he clearly had trouble. Just have goddamn respect for the families and all of those who are involved in this.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-01-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Can't we just have a little bit of respect for the player he was. As a human being he clearly had trouble. Just have goddamn respect for the families and all of those who are involved in this.
No, apparently not. It's more fun to make really stupid jokes instead.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Godwin's Law.

Disclosure: I feel no sympathy for a murderer. But lets stay classy.
A public figure just killed someone. Do you really expect the internet to be classy about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
A public figure just killed someone. Do you really expect the internet to be classy about it?
The internet? Absolutely not. The members of this close knit board? I had hopes.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What is this I don't even
Kansas City is having a pretty terrible year...arguably their worst.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Closed Thread