Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Kansas City is having a pretty terrible year...arguably their worst.
Really? I had no idea.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No, apparently not. It's more fun to make really stupid jokes instead.
T'was my way of saying the tribute didn't have its place in this thread. Doesn't mean I do not have respect for the families of both the victim and Belcher.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Really? I had no idea.
Well it seemed like someone didn't.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of doubt that the Chiefs game gets postponed because of this. Death happens. I don't know if theres any precedent for postponing games because of anything like this. I looked up all of the active player deaths since 2000 and none of them happened a day before a game and most of them were in the offseason. I'm probably being insensitive because I don't really care that Belcher is dead, but I have a hard time seeing the league postponing the game and would be surprised if they did.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I kind of doubt that the Chiefs game gets postponed because of this. Death happens. I don't know if theres any precedent for postponing games because of anything like this. I looked up all of the active player deaths since 2000 and none of them happened a day before a game and most of them were in the offseason. I'm probably being insensitive because I don't really care that Belcher is dead, but I have a hard time seeing the league postponing the game and would be surprised if they did.
Right, death happens, but this circumstance is unique. The head coach just saw one of their players blow their head the **** off. It's going to be difficult to focus on an actual game the very next day. I'm guessing it gets moved to Monday.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea again the game won't be canceled.The Packers had one of there coaches son died or something and had to play in a play off game for that matter. So I doubt this one gets postponed.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The members of this close knit board? I had hopes.
This is a wretched place, vidae.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 12-01-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the NFL and both teams agree, they should move it to Monday, IMO. Terrible circumstances to have to play a game, especially with it happening in such a traumatic way. Hopefully they can work something out.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they should play emotional football tomorrow. The best way to cope is to continue doing what you would be doing. Plus giving it another day to marinate, a Sunday, which every team will not only be playing but also paying tribute to your fallen teammate, they shouldbe out there playing for Belcher.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I think they should play emotional football tomorrow. The best way to cope is to continue doing what you would be doing. Plus giving it another day to marinate, a Sunday, which every team will not only be playing but also paying tribute to your fallen teammate, they shouldbe out there playing for Belcher.
Yeah, nothing motivates me more than honoring a coward and a murderer. Chiefs should totes play in his honor!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure this game is going to go on for two reasons.

1. The NFL is all about making money. Postponing will cost them financially and will put fans out. They won't let that happen

2. The Chiefs players will likely prefer to go out and play as a way of grieving. All people grieve differently, however it is generally accepted that sitting around is not a good thing. I now also expect the Chiefs to play high intensity, emotional football and get a win

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
Old 12-01-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My God this board is stupid. Most of you aren't allowed to have an opinion on this subject. You are in no way qualified to comment on this guy's mental state. Say "R.I.P." to the deceased and shut the **** up.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeah, nothing motivates me more than honoring a coward and a murderer. Chiefs should totes play in his honor!
Who the hell are you to judge this situation ?

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-01-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just insane. Has to be so hard for everyone involved. I don't understand why Belcher did what he did and it's awful but he must have been going through a whole lot of mental anguish that leas him to this. This isn't something anybody involved will ever get over and that is just awful but such is life.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
Can't we just have a little bit of respect for the player he was. As a human being he clearly had trouble. Just have goddamn respect for the families and all of those who are involved in this.
This. Everyone processes things differently. Just a tragedy for everyone involved especially any innocent parties.

As for Romeo and Pioli they obviously are in shock over this. Unless you've been around this sort of thing before or are a combat veteran of sorts then this is shocking. In some ways you never get used to it.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
My God this board is stupid. Most of you aren't allowed to have an opinion on this subject. You are in no way qualified to comment on this guy's mental state. Say "R.I.P." to the deceased and shut the **** up.
Pretty sure we're all allowed to have an opinion, unless something has changed with our rights and I have yet to receive a memo.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who the hell are you to judge this situation ?
I'm no different than you are, sharing my opinion. You feel compassion, i feel none. He murdered the mother of his children, in front of her own mother then took the cowardly way out and killed himself. Only people i feel for are the parents left without children and the children left without parents.

It's hilarious that when there's murder suicides reported all over the country, people react angrily and are upset at the amount of malice there is in the world. But when it's a football player, all of a sudden you wanna feel compassionate and understanding for him and his mental issues. It's a crock.

He's a weak coward, and there's a comfy seat in hell waiting for him.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel compassion for a human being taking his own life. He must have been dealing with some tough things in his life to do this. Killing his gf wasn't right. You have no right to call him a coward you have no ideas what he was dealing with and you are in no situation to talk.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-01-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm no different than you are, sharing my opinion. You feel compassion, i feel none. He murdered the mother of his children, in front of her own mother then took the cowardly way out and killed himself. Only people i feel for are the parents left without children and the children left without parents.

It's hilarious that when there's murder suicides reported all over the country, people react angrily and are upset at the amount of malice there is in the world. But when it's a football player, all of a sudden you wanna feel compassionate and understanding for him and his mental issues. It's a crock.

x1000

I'm not going to expand on this any further or get in a pissing match over this, but all I'm going to say is there is a lot of sympathy in this thread for a guy who killed the innocent mother of his newborn child.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought hell was supposed to be the opposite of comfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I feel compassion for a human being taking his own life. He must have been dealing with some tough things in his life to do this. Killing his gf wasn't right. You have no right to call him a coward you have no ideas what he was dealing with and you are in no situation to talk.
Yes, he does. You kill someone in front of their mother, and force innocent people in Romeo and Pioli to witness him killing himself, he's a ******* coward. If you're going to kill yourself, do it away from everyone else and don't force them to have to see that. And don't take the mother of your child and leave the child an orphan with you. I feel awful for the parents of everyone involved, the girlfriend, the child, and the team, but I don't feel compassion for the gutless asshole that took the life of his girlfriend and himself.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-01-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I've dealt with some pretty tough **** all my life, and i guarantee you i never considered murdering someone due to those issues. I have every right to call him a coward just like you have every right to feel compassion if you feel the need to. I'd rather take this for what it is. What makes you any more qualified to speak about it than me?
Old 12-01-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I've dealt with some pretty tough **** all my life, and i guarantee you i never considered murdering someone due to those issues. I have every right to call him a coward just like you have every right to feel compassion if you feel the need to. I'd rather take this for what it is. What makes you any more qualified to speak about it than me?
Quote:
Can't we just have a little bit of respect for the player he was. As a human being he clearly had trouble. Just have goddamn respect for the families and all of those who are involved in this.
Do you read the thread before calling me out ?

Everybody has issues in their life. Everybody deal with it with a different style. You can't judge a situation when you don't know anything about it. The only thing we know right now is he offed himself in the parking lot and killed his gf which is terrible. Doesn't mean you can come in this thread and call him a coward. Have respect for the player he was and have respect for all the others who are involved with this

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-01-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone's opinion of what happened change if it turns out he was suffering from some sort of mental illness? I know personally I refuse to place any judgment on the situation until more information is known, except to express sympathy to the families and anyone involved in the tragedy. Obviously no one on here is trying to excuse what he did, but I don't feel like flat out calling him a coward at this point is quite accurate.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Time to go.

Quote:
Closed Thread