Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:21 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan
Default What is Maurice Jones Drew's Trade Value?

I have a good feeling he could be on his way out this offseason with Jaguars probably gutting the front office from GM down and I could really see the new GM trading off MJD and I was just wondering what people think his Value is as of right now?

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:25 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a pint size RB on the wrong side of 25. Lucky if you get a 3rd for him.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a 3rd or multiple lower picks would be pretty fair on both sides of the deal, but I think he has the most value sticking with the team, regardless of who is fired next season.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:12 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For a guy who will be 28 next year in his 8th year, who averaged in and around 300 carries the last three years and has battled injuries this year, if any GM gives up a 3rd for him he should be fired on the spot. At most I would give up a 5th. He has 2, maybe 3 years left

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:22 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on the team. If I have a team that is primed to make a Super Bowl run like Green Bay and could use a threat in the running game, I wouldn't mind giving up a third round pick for him. Probably.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:44 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Depends on the team. If I have a team that is primed to make a Super Bowl run like Green Bay and could use a threat in the running game, I wouldn't mind giving up a third round pick for him. Probably.
Yep. And that's where the "value" part of the question is. His value is decided among the teams that want him - not an asking price no team could refuse.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:53 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Green Bay don't utilise a back like MJD though. I know McCarthy likes to run the ball simply to keep defenses honest, but Rodgers is the guy in that offense and there is no way that would change. If they want to run the ball more I would be tempted to put Cobb in the backfield and run him on draws and sweeps.

There really, to me anyway, isn't any Superbowl contender who could justify using a 3rd on MJD. Maybe Denver to pair him with McGahee and maybe Pittsburgh simply due to injury. However other than that I don't see it

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd trade a second round pick if I were a contender like Green Bay picking late in the round. Jones-Drew is one of the best running backs in football and could add a dangerous dimension to any pass-oriented offense. Even if Jones-Drew is only productive for three more years, even one championship would be worth it.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Green Bay don't utilise a back like MJD though. I know McCarthy likes to run the ball simply to keep defenses honest, but Rodgers is the guy in that offense and there is no way that would change. If they want to run the ball more I would be tempted to put Cobb in the backfield and run him on draws and sweeps.
Well Green Bay hasn't had a back like MJD in their recent history though. If he was there, I'm sure they'd feel a lot better about their chances pounding the rock. The offense would of course still run through Rodgers. Or rather, their passing game would be the focal point.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People need to remember back to the Patriots days, when they acquired Cory Dillon. They never relied on a very strong running game, but they went out and got Dillon, and amped up their running game.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not like MJD is a scrub as a receiver either, guy is one solid little blocker and shifty option out of the backfield.

Think he'd be a great fit for the Packers for a 3rd rounder.

I also think he could be a great get for a team like Indy to help out Luck and help to ease him through it a bit more, 3 years of MJD back there would be a great asset, imo.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the same back that lead the entire NFL in rushing last season by 250 yards. Now he's washed up? Interesting.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
This is the same back that lead the entire NFL in rushing last season by 250 yards. Now he's washed up? Interesting.
He's 27, but yeah I wouldn't call him washed up. He could still help a lot of teams.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
For a guy who will be 28 next year in his 8th year, who averaged in and around 300 carries the last three years and has battled injuries this year, if any GM gives up a 3rd for him he should be fired on the spot. At most I would give up a 5th. He has 2, maybe 3 years left
What? 3rd round pick for one of the best running backs in the league, and you would fire the GM?

I realize this is a draft site, but a lot of people here overestimate draft picks, especially lower round ones... If i were a team like the Colts I would gladly give up a 2nd round pick, same as the Packers.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
What? 3rd round pick for one of the best running backs in the league, and you would fire the GM?

I realize this is a draft site, but a lot of people here overestimate draft picks, especially lower round ones... If i were a team like the Colts I would gladly give up a 2nd round pick, same as the Packers.
Modern day microwave era effect. If you're 27 you're automatically old news.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would the Colts give up a 2nd-3rd rounder for MJD??
RB isn't the reason Indy isn't a SB contender.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 11-19-2012 at 12:27 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MJD has at most two years left. RBs go down hill fast after they hit 30 so your market instantly excludes teams who won't be super bowl contenders within 2 years as well as teams who already has an established runner that would render the need to pay MJD unwise.

Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots
New York Jets
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers

Cincinnati Bengals
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers

Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions

Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks

way I see it there are only 4 or 5 teams even interested in MJD regardless of the cost as far as draft picks.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams that should look into trading for him. Jets, Pack, Denver...

Jags should get a 2nd rounder.... But could take a 3 and 5 deal
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
MJD has at most two years left. RBs go down hill fast after they hit 30 so your market instantly excludes teams who won't be super bowl contenders within 2 years as well as teams who already has an established runner that would render the need to pay MJD unwise.

Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots
New York Jets
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers

Cincinnati Bengals
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers

Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions

Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks

way I see it there are only 4 or 5 teams even interested in MJD regardless of the cost as far as draft picks.
If the rams lose Steven Jackson this off-season, why not MJD since they have two 1st round picks the next 2 years

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
If the rams lose Steven Jackson this off-season, why not MJD since they have two 1st round picks the next 2 years
I guess I question if they are really Super Bowl Contenders within two years time? I guess they could be with another great draft but I don't think they would be in the market for more than a 3rd.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:52 AM    (permalink
ashleywilliam
Rookie

ashleywilliam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Teams that should look into trading for him. New York Jet
ashleywilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if im a GM of a good team in need of a running back, id def be putting in calls about MJD. He has essentially taken the season off and may have his value somewhat lowered, but he is still an elite back and should be able to come back strong next year.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm a team I wouldn't even bother trading for a RB on their 2nd contract. Since 2000 the only teams that had all-pro running backs were the 2004 Patriots with Corey Dillon and the 2000 Ravens with Jamal Lewis. Any other highly ranked running game was a result of the offensive line (New Orleans 2009, New York 2007, Pittsburgh 2005/08). Spend the money on a different position.

This argument has been had so many times on these boards. I still think that the argument is over blown here, but I definitely agree that trading for a running back to be the "final piece" is a bad idea because giving up draft picks/players and then giving up a big contract to an established running back is an over investment in the position.

Heres the last 12 super bowl champs ranking it total rushing yards and their top rusher for the year that they won.

2011: NYG: 32nd: Ahmad Bradshaw
2010: GB: 24th: Brandon Jackson
2009: NO: 6th: Pierre Thomas
2008: PIT: 11th: Willie Parker
2007: NYG: 4th: Brandon Jacobs
2006: IND: 18th: Joseph Addai
2005: PIT: 5th: Willie Parker
2004: NE: 7th: Corey Dillon
2003: NE: 27th: Antowain Smith
2002: TB: 27th: Michael Pittman
2001: NE: 13th: Antowain Smith
2000: BAL: 5th: Jamal Lewis
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I'm assuming you meant that the only teams that have had All Pro runningbacks that have won the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post

Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots
New York Jets
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers

Cincinnati Bengals
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers

Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions

Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks

Schit would Denver look phenomenal if they added MJD.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote