Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 12-01-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98
Default The BEST mock! (Explanations of Each Pick)

1. Chiefs: Geno Smith, QB

Obvious choice for now. Chiefs desperately need a QB. They get their man.

2. Jaguars: Jarvis Jones, OLB

IMO he's arguably the best player in the whole draft. They get a HUGE boost to their defense which desperately needs help. Sadly for them there is no OL or QB to take here, so OLB will have to do.

3. Browns: Manti Teo, OLB

The Browns need a difference maker and they get one in Te'o. He is not only a leader, but a great all round player and guy to have. He can be the face of that franchise. Like the Jaguars due to a lack of offensive talent, they must go defense, but they do get a great 3-4 linebacker for years to come.

4. Eagles: Star Lotulelei, NT

As an Eagle's fan I think we will switch to the 3-4. If we do getting Star is necessary. Finding good 3-4 NTs is hard in this league. Star can become the centerpiece of a front 7 anchored by Cox, Kendrichs, Graham, and Curry.

5. Panthers: DeMarcus Milliner, CB

The Panthers could really use CB help. Every time I watch them they get beat constantly. I think a great corner like Milliner could do wonders to improve that defense.

6. Raiders: Matt Barkley, QB

I think the Raiders reach a bit to get Barkley. Barkley is a cali kid that could fit in well with Raiders. They need a QB, so they get one.

7. Rams: Luke Joeckel, OT

If a QB were available they might take them, but for now they still need to get Bradford help. Jason Smith clearly wasn't enough. Another tackle could prevent further injury to the high payed QB.

8. Jets: Keenan Allen, WR

The Jets really don't have enough WR talent. While I think Sanchez and Tebow blow, they certainly aren't getting too much help from their wide outs. A good WR like Allen could bolster this core up next to Holmes next year.

9. Lions: Xavier Rhodes, CB

I predict the Lions will trade up to get Milliner. Since I'm doing trades in this mock, they stay where they are and take the 2nd best corner in this draft. They just have to take a CB, as their secondary is just THAT bad.

10. Titans: Damontre Moore, DE

I think the Titans offense right now isn't that bad. There's not too many offensive players worth taking so they might as well go defense. Moore has top 5 potential so they are getting a nice steal here at #10.

11. Chargers: Jonathan Hankins, DT

The Chargers could use a better NT than they have now. Hankins could fit that role.

12. Dolphins: Jonathan Banks, CB

After the Vontae Davis trade, they could use a CB. Their defense is bad, so a CB is always a nice safe bet to make the defense better.

13. Bills: Tyler Wilson, QB

I think the Bills are a talented team. They have some RBs, some good WRs, a decent OL, and a solid enough defense. I think with a good QB they might make a wildcard spot.

14. Cardinals: Chance Warmack, OG

The Cardinals have a great defense, but their offense is more than lacking. As no QBs are left, I think they must make their offensive line better. With all the QB injuries that have occurred for them, the oline must protect their QBs better.

15. Rams: Sam Montgomery, DE

Montgomery is another top 10 talent that falls. While DE is not really a need at this point, I think a rotation of Long, Quinn, and Montgomery could be one of the best in the league.

16. Cowboys: Barett Jones, OG/C/OT

The Cowboy's line right now is in some disarray. Getting an all-purpose lineman like Jones could help fix that. It is always nice having a lineman that can play all the positions on the line, especially when he can do it well.

17. Saints: Sheldon Richardson, DT

The Saint's defense needs some serious help. They have a very lackluster defensive line right now, so Richardson may be able to help.

18. Bengals: Barkevious Mingo, DE

Bengals could use a DE upgrade, Mingo fits the bill. They have a very solid roster currently and defensive line is the only truly shaky position they have. Plus, I could totally see the Bengals drafting someone named "Barkevious". It just sounds right XD.

19. Bucs: Bjoern Werner, DE

The Buc's offense isn't too bad right now so a defensive lineman sounds right for them. He is also one of the better players left on the board.

20. Seahawks: Tyler Eifert, TE

The Seahawks could really use a TE, so why not get the best one? Their defense doesn't really need much and they have their QB, RB, and OL. Getting Wilson a receiving threat will really help his progression.

21. Steelers: Kenny Vaccaro, S

Paulamalu's career is ending soon so they need a replacement. Vaccaro is my top player left on the board. Troy could use his last few years to teach him.

22. Giants: Tony Jefferson, S

The Giants just missed out on their S. They settle on Jefferson. They are a solid team. They have a good offense and their DL is stellar. Their LB situation is fine for now and they have a lot of young CBs that need time. A safety makes the most sense as that is their weakest position.

23. Vikings: Justin Hunger, WR

The Vikings finally have their QB in Ponder and of course Peterson behind him. Harvin is a good WR, but not enough. Getting a good second wide out is the best thing they can do to improve Ponder even more.

24. Colts: Jake Matthews, OT

The Colts finishing at 24? That is, IMO, the biggest jump in recent NFL history. It makes sense to as they are 7-4 as of now. They are getting by right now with Luck's pocket awareness, but that can't last forever. Their line is horrid in reality. They have some receivers, and a decent enough defense. A tackle is the best thing they can do to keep building on their current success.

25. Packers: Alec Ogletree, ILB

The Packer's defense has to be the focus of this draft. Their front 3 isn't all that bad, but they need another ILB next to Hawk and Matthews. Ogletree can fill that spot right away.

26: Broncos: Joseph Randle, RB

The Broncos do not have too many needs. Manning looks great again, they have good WRs, a good OL, and a fantastic defense. Getting the best RB in the draft will help balance out their offense as they have probably the worst set of RBs in the NFL.

27: Bears: Dallas Thomas, OG/OT

I really wanted to mock him to Dallas, but that's just stupid so I didn't, but the Bears could use some linemen badly! Their defense is very good/great, and they have weapons on offense. Bringing in another OL will keep Cutler safe for more years.

28: Patriots: Terrance Williams, WR

With speculation that Welker might leave a WR makes a lot of sense. Williams has put together a monster season WITHOUT RG3. Him and Edelman would be a good WR core.

29: 49ers: Robert Woods, WR

The 9ers just missed Williams, but take the local Woods. He hasn't been as dominant as he was the year before, but that is partly due to Barkley's inconsistant play. The 49ers STILL need WRs (every f**king year!). So here is another one. They don't have many needs so a WR should still be the pick.

30: Ravens: Jonathan Jenkins, NT

The Ravens don't need much so a NT would be a good addition. He would make this defense even scarier than they are now.

31: Falcons: Dion Jordan, DE

Jordan could go as high as #15, so this is good little steal here. The Falcons could use some front 7 help and Jordan brings just that. At 6'7" he is a massive force to put on the outside.

32: Texans: Eric Reid, S

The Texans, after winning the SB, don't need much either. They have a great offense, great front 7, good cornerbacks. Safety is the only thing I would suggest them upgrading.
eliasrapp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid KC pick.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Solid KC pick.
These mock drafts must suck for you guys... Every pick's the same.
eliasrapp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welker's status wouldn't have much of a bearing on whether or not Williams was the pick. Comparing boundary WRs and slot WRs is like comparing OTs and OGs. Sure either could play the other position in a pinch but you don't draft them to.

I also don't like the Williams pick. Robert Woods would be a nicer fit to take over from Brandon Lloyd if the Pats did go WR though.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a defense, not a QB. IMO Palmer has done the best he can despite the lack of talent around him on both sides of the ball. I think we go BPA on defense

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliasrapp98 View Post
These mock drafts must suck for you guys... Every pick's the same.
Not really. Sometimes it's Geno, sometimes it's Tyler, sometimes it's Barkley. As long as the Chiefs come away with someone who can play QB, we will be happy. The QB play has just been that bad here. I think when guys start doing mocks with trades included things will change. I could see the Chiefs trading down a few slots, picking up an extra pick and still get the QB they want.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Not really. Sometimes it's Geno, sometimes it's Tyler, sometimes it's Barkley. As long as the Chiefs come away with someone who can play QB, we will be happy. The QB play has just been that bad here. I think when guys start doing mocks with trades included things will change. I could see the Chiefs trading down a few slots, picking up an extra pick and still get the QB they want.
Yeah, I like most of these mocks because it has us taking a QB. I'm happy with that.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any mock with KC taking a QB is a good one
Old 12-01-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer the Bears take Jonathan Cooper
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mingo is a OK pick for the Bengals.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliasrapp98 View Post
26: Broncos: Joseph Randle, RB

The Broncos do not have too many needs. Manning looks great again, they have good WRs, a good OL, and a fantastic defense. Getting the best RB in the draft will help balance out their offense as they have probably the worst set of RBs in the NFL.
The Packers might have something to say about that.

Also, I like the pick for the Vikings, we desperately need more play makers on offense.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

excellent sf mock!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers have Desmond Bishop at ILB. It is possible that Hawk could be replaced, but I don't think ILB is where the Packers should be focusing in the 1st. OLine/RB.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
The Packers have Desmond Bishop at ILB. It is possible that Hawk could be replaced, but I don't think ILB is where the Packers should be focusing in the 1st. OLine/RB.
If the right ILB is there I'm not opposed but I don't think Ogletree is that guy. Doesn't look physical enough for the 3-4.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO needs to get to the QB more. Give us Werner instead.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Be ashamed. Barkley to Oakland? Ugh. No.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Although Mingo is a fine player, I don't see DE or DT as an early need in this draft. Dunlap is young and very talented, Gilberry has been a great pickup. Michael Johnson has been very good although he is due to be a free agent. Geathers is 31 I believe and he too is a free agent but I think he'll come back if they want him. Point is, sure, Mingo may improve the group, but this club needs Safeties and LBers in the worst way in addition to a solid RB with speed. Those needs should be addressed first.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote