Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who represents the AFC in the Super Bowl? (3/4 season poll)
Houston 11 16.92%
New England 15 23.08%
Baltimore 6 9.23%
Denver 27 41.54%
Andrew Luck 3 4.62%
Pittsburgh 1 1.54%
Cinci miracle 2 3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default AFC Super Bowl Team will be? (3/4th season in the books)

OK, everyone in the AFC is in the books this week, so we now enter the NFL 4th quarter next week as all teams have played 12 games.

We have 4 seemingly even contenders, plus the always-dangerous Steelers. No matter what seed they get, they can do it as we have seen.

STANDINGS:

Houston 11-1
New England 9-3
Baltimore 9-3
Denver 9-3

Indianapolis 8-4
Pittsburgh 7-5
Cincinnati 7-5

Homers & Non-Homers, who would you put your $ on right now to be in the Super Bowl from the AFC?

My money would be on either Brady or Manning to be honest.
I don't see the great homefield advantage for Houston... they gave up 6 TD passes to Rodgers, the most he's ever had, there on primetime.
I'd trust New England or Denver more.
I see no way Indy can win 3 playoff games against those teams.
You never know with Baltimore.... if they tighten up their defense when Ray gets back, who knows.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CURRENT WILDCARD MATCHUPS:

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore
Indianapolis @ Denver

Manning vs Luck would be marvelous.... let's cross our fingers for that one!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CINCINNATI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

(Thoughtful insight, I know)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver.

But as sick as this sounds, I think this might be the best year yet for Baltimore to pull through.

They have been "exposed" as a weak "good" team but that lack of pressure/misperception might place them in the right alignment to make the run they should have the past two years. Don't really have much logic behind this other than Flacco can/must play better and the they get their defense back. We know they have the ability to beat anybody.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Denver.
I'm very excited for my playoff bracket pool I run because the AFC picks should be so split among those teams.....

Can never count out Pittsburgh if Big Ben and Polamalu are back healthy.
Houson made the good run last year with QB3.... Manning, Brady, Flacco.
Flacco?
Old 12-02-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say the Patriots - though the homer side wants to say Broncos. I think at this stage the Pats are less likely to cost themselves a crucial game through silly mistakes.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
CURRENT WILDCARD MATCHUPS:

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore
Indianapolis @ Denver

Manning vs Luck would be marvelous.... let's cross our fingers for that one!
It would be Pittsburgh @ New England right now since the Ravens have the tie-breaker over the Patriots. I'm not sure if Denver would be ahead of Baltimore though.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with the Texans.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
It would be Pittsburgh @ New England right now since the Ravens have the tie-breaker over the Patriots. I'm not sure if Denver would be ahead of Baltimore though.
Not according to this: http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/t...nk/order/false

NE is 8-1 in AFC, Baltimore is 8-2.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voted for Denver. I really don't see the Texans beating a Manning or Brady led team in the playoffs.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Not according to this: http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/t...nk/order/false

NE is 8-1 in AFC, Baltimore is 8-2.
Baltimore beat them though. The head-to-head tiebreaker is the first one considered in any scenario.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Took me a bit to find this lol, it's the 3rd rule in the Other Tie-Breaking Procedures section.

Quote:
To determine home-field priority among division-titlists, apply Wild Card tie-breakers.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Denver.

But as sick as this sounds, I think this might be the best year yet for Baltimore to pull through.

They have been "exposed" as a weak "good" team but that lack of pressure/misperception might place them in the right alignment to make the run they should have the past two years. Don't really have much logic behind this other than Flacco can/must play better and the they get their defense back. We know they have the ability to beat anybody.
I think the best bet for them was and will always be when their player was standing in the endzone with the game winning touchdown in the AFCCG before some scrub knocked it out.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cincy carries this win streak it will be them. However...will they? I hope so. Denver is my non homer bet.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll get a good idea of who it will be in the next few weeks as Houston plays @NE Monday night, which is followed up by Denver @ Baltimore (which could decide the #2, #3, and #4 seeds, because of tie breakers if Denver, Baltimore, and NE win out) and SF @ NE.

The Texans also get the Colts twice.

edit: The Ravens also play the Giants.

Last edited by descendency : 12-03-2012 at 01:02 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:03 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Baltimore beat them though. The head-to-head tiebreaker is the first one considered in any scenario.

Took me a bit to find this lol, it's the 3rd rule in the Other Tie-Breaking Procedures section.
And Denver beat Baltimore, and New England beat Denver

So,

Baltimore holds the tiebreaker over New England
Denver holds the tie breaker over Baltimore
New England holds the tie breaker over Denver

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:05 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
We'll get a good idea of who it will be in the next few weeks as Houston plays @NE Monday night, which is followed up by Denver @ Baltimore (which could decide the #2, #3, and #4 seeds, because of tie breakers if Denver, Baltimore, and NE win out) and SF @ NE.

The Texans also get the Colts twice.

edit: The Ravens also play the Giants.
Yeah, I said a while ago in the Pats thread that of all the teams in the running I thought Baltimore hard the hardest road to a first round bye. I still think Denver has a really good chance of getting the 2 seed because NE plays Hou and SF in 6 days and I would bet probably drop 1 of them. With the exception of the Baltimore game Denver should comfortably win out

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a set of Wildcard games we would have right now. Ben leads the Steelers back into Baltimore and Manning hosts Andrew Luck and the Colts.

As to the favorite, I just don't see anything. None of these teams has had me thinking Superbowl favorite. NE, Den, and Houston have all been on great streaks. I can't include Baltimore after damn near losing to SD and then actually losing to Charlie Batch.

If I had to say right now id go with NE.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From most likely to least

New England
Denver
Pittsburgh
Houston

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:

It doen't matter. There are more than 2 teams tied so it's not head-to-head. It's conference record first tiebreaker. As the link to ESPN conference standings showed.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well at the beginning of the season I picked a Harbaugh Super Bowl. So I gotta be a stubborn little **** and still pick Baltimore.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
I will say the Patriots - though the homer side wants to say Broncos. I think at this stage the Pats are less likely to cost themselves a crucial game through silly mistakes.
I think their defense will screw them over.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Denver will make it. They have really pulled it together recently and I think have one of the more complete teams. Houston I think is a close second but just havent been playing as hot so I'm just saying Denver based off my gut feeling. I think Pats follow next for me and Ravens fourth likely if Suggs is going to miss more time and Flacco doesnt turn it around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have them ranked:

1) New England
2) Houston
3) Denver
4) Pittsburgh
5) Baltimore
6) Indy
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, honestly, its hard to really choose between the top 4.
No bias aside, I think Denver has one of the more complete teams though. The offense is getting it done, the defense is playing top notch and now with Trindon Holliday the special teams has a threat on the return game. Sure, they have weaknesses, but anybody who plays them will have a dog fight. Same for Houston, New England, and Baltimore.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say Houston or Pittsburgh because I fully expect Manning, Brandy and Flacco to blow it in the playoffs.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote