Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 12-02-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The playcalling needs a lot of work.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's clutch when he needs to be. I missed most of the 1st half and most of the 3rd/early 4th was un-watchable. Let's give the team credit, they don't quit and keep winging it. Mid way through the 4th, I started to expect Luck to lead the team back for a win even with the clock ticking. If we ever get a resemblance of a starting NFL line, we should be a top 5 offense so long as Luck is around.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
That was a fairly exciting game.

The one thing I'll take away from this game is we appear to be borderline unstoppable when we need a score with under 3 minutes to go. I hope that Luck will get a lot more control of the offense as time on, because we are deadly in the 45 second offense. I believe I heard during the game that Luck leads the league in passes over 20 yards or something.
We are definitely a vertical offense.

I actually think they should incorporate RBs into a passing game a bit more.

It's funny, there is this article written by a Houston writer about Luck. In it he basically bashes Colts' fans for forgetting about Manning and calls Luck 'just a game manager at this point, much more so then Schaub'. Yeah, never mind that this team pretty much COMPLETELY relies on the passing game to win games.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read that Suh injured Justice and then mocked him.

What a punk.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I just read that Suh injured Justice and then mocked him.

What a punk.
Hate that guy

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suh has something wrong in his head. I wish McGlynn had done something about it instead of crying to the press though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-09-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Nice win. Plus both Bengals and Steelers lost. We are 2 games up with 3 to go and Cincy and Pitt still have to play each other.

1 win guarantees playoff spot.

I honestly thought that we would lose after first half. We couldn't block their front 7 on offense and made Locker look like Brady on defense.

But man, did they eve step on in the 2nd half. The only scoring drive that Titans had in the 2nd half was a result of TWO terrible pass interference calls by refs. They applied pressure, stuffed the run and made plays in the secondary.

- This might have been the best game of the season for Angerer. He finally looked like a starting ILB.
- Vick Ballard is a starting NFL RB. This guy might not run a great 40, but he is quick, strong and has very good vision.
- Did anybody else notice that Colts are a bit too vertical on offense? They average the most yards per attempt. I know there is a lot of trust in Luck, but they should use some screens and dumps to RBs.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've also noticed Luck running less often. Countless times on a 3rd & short, he stayed in the pocket or threw the ball when he could run for a 1st down.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I've read that Colts own a tie-breaker over both Steelers and Bengals.

If that's accurate then only the Jets can eliminate Colts.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Nice win. Plus both Bengals and Steelers lost. We are 2 games up with 3 to go and Cincy and Pitt still have to play each other.

1 win guarantees playoff spot.

I honestly thought that we would lose after first half. We couldn't block their front 7 on offense and made Locker look like Brady on defense.

But man, did they eve step on in the 2nd half. The only scoring drive that Titans had in the 2nd half was a result of TWO terrible pass interference calls by refs. They applied pressure, stuffed the run and made plays in the secondary.

- This might have been the best game of the season for Angerer. He finally looked like a starting ILB.
- Vick Ballard is a starting NFL RB. This guy might not run a great 40, but he is quick, strong and has very good vision.
- Did anybody else notice that Colts are a bit too vertical on offense? They average the most yards per attempt. I know there is a lot of trust in Luck, but they should use some screens and dumps to RBs.
I was at this game and I told my dad at halftime I hope the real Colts come out in the 2nd half and not the losers that we just watched. I'm very encouraged by the halftime adjustments these coaches and players are able to make. I've heard that Wayne and especially Redding got in some faces at halftime and demanded better play.

The defense won that game. The refs screwed them over so many times (especially on that one drive in the 3rd Q, so many 3rd downs) and they still held them to FGs or forced punts a lot of the time. I would like to see a better pass rush. In part I think that is a problem of Manusky's D, I seem to remember SD not having a very good pass rush when he was the DC. When Pagano returns I think things will improve.

Luck did not look good. I don't completely blame him. The OL was HORRIBLE, and the play calling was about as bad (more on that in a minute). The TN D line made our OL their ***** again. Especially in the first half, Luck continually had no time to throw. Notice when Shipley came in for Satele the line played better. I think I've said this before, I like Shipley more as the starter. Better balance, stronger, nastier demeanor. Oh and he can actually play an entire game without getting hurt. I think he will eventually be the starter.

That said, Luck took some seriously unnecessary sacks and seemed a lot more skittish in the pocket than I've ever seen him. He also clearly is being coached not to run. This is a huge mistake. Luck is not Ben Roethlisberger. He is an athlete and he is at his best when he can run for a few first downs. The team carried Luck today, which is fine. I'm glad we have a team that can actually do that.

I am seriously beginning to question whether Arians is the right fit long-term as the OC. Max is completely right, and people have actually been discussing this for several weeks, since a NY Times article came out showing that Luck is passing downfield more than any other QB in the league. This vertical Arians offense is not good for Luck or for the team. I think Luck is probably learning a lot from it. But we do NOT have the OL to run it effectively. Arians needs to stop being stubborn and tailor his offense more to the strengths of this team.

Luck should not be dropping back and waiting for deep routes to develop, at least not as often. When the OL is getting their asses kicked, he should not be in an empty backfield w/5 wide. Hello?! How is Arians not seeing this?! And on top of all this he isn't letting Luck run when he has a wide-open field. He is going to get Luck killed. I'm not saying the Steelers made the right move, I don't want to do dink and dunk and 3 yards and a cloud of dust. But we need more high-percentage throws to counteract the pass rush when the OL isn't getting it done. We need more max protect when Luck is getting hit too much. Arians needs to understand situational football and make adjustments BEFORE halftime.

I like BA, he is a good leader and sometimes makes some seriously ballsy calls that are genius (mainly because they've usually worked). But he is pulling a Mike Martz this year and Luck deserves better than that.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-10-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

They threw deep on 3rd-and-short multiple times, including Avery's drop in the endzone.

Probably the most important thing that Luck still has to learn is to take what the defense gives him. Not every play needs to be 20+ yards.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
They threw deep on 3rd-and-short multiple times, including Avery's drop in the endzone.

Probably the most important thing that Luck still has to learn is to take what the defense gives him. Not every play needs to be 20+ yards.
The question is, on some of those plays does he even have the option to take what is given? Are there any receivers running routes less that 10 yards from the line of scrimmage?

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-10-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Forgot to mention, I was impressed with the play of Lawrence Guy yesterday. There are some nice things written on him out there.

He looked pretty good against the run and seems to have enough athleticism to be a disrupter.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown won't deliver anymore this year, headed to IR. He's got one year left on his rookie deal so I wonder if he won't be outright cut since his salary jumps up to over a million.

Phil Wilson has a good blog post about Luck possibly wearing down from all the hits he's taken. Our O-Line has been horrendous at many points this year regardless who has played.

http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2012...-wearing-down/
Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I hadn't really thought about that, but it is definitely possible. He's a rookie, he's thrown A LOT more per game than he ever did at Stanford, and he's taken A LOT more hits this year than he did at Standford. And they're hits from grown men in the NFL, not college players. As much as we need a new starting OLB next year, we need OL help, especially at guard.

As for Brown, they save $1.7 million if they cut him (though there is a $520,000 cap hit separate from that). I think they will probably cut him. Hopefully we can find a solid RB3 in free agency and Carter can step up to be the #2 behind Ballard.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-12-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

They should definitely run the ball more during the next 3 games.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ballard is really turning it on lately. Could have a very dynamic run game with a healthy Donald Brown. Our offense is shaping up nicely for the future with Luck/Ballard/Brown/Hilton

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

So JJ Watt will be in our division for how long?

Right now, we have NO SHOT of blocking him.

They just line him wherever it's HUGE miss-match, like vs. McGlynn, and it's almost a guarantee to be a negative play.

We need to upgrade this line, BADLY.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So JJ Watt will be in our division for how long?

Right now, we have NO SHOT of blocking him.

They just line him wherever it's HUGE miss-match, like vs. McGlynn, and it's almost a guarantee to be a negative play.

We need to upgrade this line, BADLY.
Thank you. I hope all colts fans now see why drafting any other than offensive line or defensive line is utterly ridiculous. JJ watt is a monster and we need a monsterous upgrade there to atleast contain him.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me want to play Madden franchise and draft 3 Olineman...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

I'll reiterate past posts that upgrading our interior o-line has to be of the up most importance this off season. Our lack of real talent was on display and it's nothing new this year where we've won despite our O-line playing average to poorly for good chunks of the year. Vick looks really good as a 1A style running back. Having seen the Texans play for an entire game, I get the sense they're not a hugely talented team can go deep in the playoffs. We're a couple of dumb plays by Moore from being in contention to win the game late in the 4th. Arian's play call on 3rd and 20 late in the fourth wasn't really great. As the Beard said, pick up some yards on 3rd and then go for it on 4th. Next week we travel to Arrowhead where it's a must win game to qualify for the playoffs.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
I'll reiterate past posts that upgrading our interior o-line has to be of the up most importance this off season. Our lack of real talent was on display and it's nothing new this year where we've won despite our O-line playing average to poorly for good chunks of the year. Vick looks really good as a 1A style running back. Having seen the Texans play for an entire game, I get the sense they're not a hugely talented team can go deep in the playoffs. We're a couple of dumb plays by Moore from being in contention to win the game late in the 4th. Arian's play call on 3rd and 20 late in the fourth wasn't really great. As the Beard said, pick up some yards on 3rd and then go for it on 4th. Next week we travel to Arrowhead where it's a must win game to qualify for the playoffs.
I think we clinch if Jets lose. I'm not certain.

I believe, with Steelers loss, only Bengals and Jets can catch us now.

Still losing to KC shouldn't be an option.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Guys go watch the Patriots game to feel better.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 12-17-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Thank you. I hope all colts fans now see why drafting any other than offensive line or defensive line is utterly ridiculous. JJ watt is a monster and we need a monsterous upgrade there to atleast contain him.
I don't agree about DL, we need interior OL and a pass rusher at OLB to replace Freeney. Warmack, if we can get him, or one of the many DE/OLB options. Hopefully Larry Warford in the 3rd, though I doubt he'll still be around by then. I am certain we will throw money at some OL free agents. Hopefully we can lure away one of the top OTs for an affordable price. But we need 3 new starters on the OL. 2, at the very least. Reitz might be OK with better players around him but gets hurt too often.

I would not mind drafting a new OC. I hate Arians' offense so much. Why did we draft 2 TEs early? We don't use them.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its especially frustrating to see us go 4-WRs when we're on the 5 yard line. That's where a our big TEs should be able to use their body to box out a safety. Especially with Fleener, he should be able to out-jump most defenders assuming the throw is on target. With them on the field, the defense also has to be prepared for the run.

My hope is that with his first full off-season, Luck will take control of the offense.

In other news, I'm fairly sure that if we win vs KC, we'll be guaranteed the 5 spot. Which would have us going to the winner of the AFC North.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote