Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-03-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillips made the trip to DC so that's a good sign. Hopefully he'll be able to give it a go come gametime.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good, good.

And for me, KP is a must sign. Our team defense is just so much better with him. He doesn't get all the hype and glamour of safeties who get turn overs but most QB's don't throw near him because they know how good he is playing deep safety.

Plus, with his injury history and not being a headline name I feel we could get him for a very reasonable deal.

I wish I could find that quote about Kenny from Jason Witten. It sums it up pretty well.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"When 21's in the post, we don't even try anything deep because we know he can go back and get it"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KP is quite important to what we do but as NYG says, it is so hard to trust his health at this point. Hopefully we can him back cheap.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't invest money a guy who can't stay healthy. Its not just him. Rivers is injury prone, Beckum is injury prone, and how JW is hurt with a knee since the 9ers game. But usually he has a hamstring. Justin Tuck is another one. Nicks is one, but I think we almost do have to re-sign but not break the bank for. He is basically Justin Tuck of offense.

We have injury prone players on this team who fans like but realistically you can't keep throwing money at guys who are not even playing.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's silly, of course you can invest money into injury prone guys, it's just important that it's not too much money, that you have some decent cover for the games he'll miss and that your team doesn't have too many injury prone guys.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That's silly, of course you can invest money into injury prone guys, it's just important that it's not too much money, that you have some decent cover for the games he'll miss and that your team doesn't have too many injury prone guys.
Of course not, You don't dump money into guys who don't see the field. Tuck will be a big one. We will be at a cross roads soon where guys we like as fans will either need to re-signed or not. Reese has to make some big time decisions soon.

How many FA do we have after this season?
Old 12-03-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*shrug* you do if they're elite players and you don't have elite replacements. I.e. I'd rather have Nicks and Phillips for just 12 games a year plus playoffs than have average replacement that play all 16 games plus playoffs. Tuck's a little different cause he's not just injury prone but also old and I think getting ready to retire soon, so him I'd be much more skeptical about paying, but Nicks and Phillips IMO are still guys we should keep provided we get a little injury discount.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
*shrug* you do if they're elite players and you don't have elite replacements. I.e. I'd rather have Nicks and Phillips for just 12 games a year plus playoffs than have average replacement that play all 16 games plus playoffs. Tuck's a little different cause he's not just injury prone but also old and I think getting ready to retire soon, so him I'd be much more skeptical about paying, but Nicks and Phillips IMO are still guys we should keep provided we get a little injury discount.

How many of those guys are elite players currently? KP is elite? Tuck is elite? Nicks is elite? I can buy Nicks. He is a great player, WHEN HEALTHY.. And I wouldn't break the bank for him.

Now if we get an injury discount fine. I will play ball for that. I don't think KP can stay healthy as he gets older. The knee right now is a mess. I think it will be a re-occuring issue.

How many games did KP miss this season? Has it been more than 4? And it's not just missing games, it's being hurt and affecting your play. If someone can miss a game and come back 100% cool, but these types of things affect a player and linger which is an issue.

River is always hurt, Beckum is always hurt, and JW seems to be like Rivers. This time it's a knee since the SF game. Last season I believe it was a hamstring. They are not elite players but just more injury prone players.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks and KP are elite at their respective positions. Again, it's when healthy. But I'll take them for 12 games and a few at 75% over full seasons of Barden, Sash, Brown etc. Gotta think the talent levels of them and their replacements versus the pay.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks and KP need to stay. I don't think we'd have to break the bank for them either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-03-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I do think Nicks may command a bigger contract than KP. So that would be very interesting to see.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We are coming to a major crossroads with a lot of our talent. As I've been saying I'm shocked we haven't seen any extensions yet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-03-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Nicks and KP need to stay. I don't think we'd have to break the bank for them either.
What would you consider breaking the bank? If I had to guess, he'd command more then VJ on the open market pretty easily. I always felt his deal would be the trickiest because on talent and production alone he's worth top dollar, but injury concerns may make Reese hesitant to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in the Re-sign Nicks and KP camp. We have to keep those two. And of course Cruz. I would also really like to keep Joseph, but everyone else nearing the end of their contract I can live with leaving. But those four are our core players who are still pretty young. Yes, some of them are injury prone. But they are very good, young players.

Not sure if it's realistic to manage to re-sign everyone of them, but I hope so.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What would you consider breaking the bank? If I had to guess, he'd command more then VJ on the open market pretty easily. I always felt his deal would be the trickiest because on talent and production alone he's worth top dollar, but injury concerns may make Reese hesitant to do it.
It's very tough with Nicks but you have to bring him back. We saw how bad the offense played when Nicks didn't play. If the cap goes up a lot in the next few years I wouldn't mind giving him a VJ type of deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-03-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yeah Nicks has to come back. I don't think you let that talent go UNLESS he wants insane money. The issue is our system too. It's not like any Tom, Richard, or harry, can step in and start for us due to the WR sight adjustment rules. That's why losing people on offense especially TEs is annoying.

Our system is just to tough to get guys to learn perfectly and even then they may not know it 100%. So high turnover on offense is not good for us.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

God our passing game is tough to watch at times.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The media is probably going to blame this on Tynes for missing that 43-yarder, but I refuse to do so. It is only to be expected that he misses every now and then when he's required to try FGs 500 million times every game because our offense sputters once they can see the endzone.

******* lame loss, and totally avoidable if we hadn't bitten ourselves in the ass with penalties and ****** third down completion percentage both ways.

And on defense, my God, how many times are you going to bite on the same ******* play. That play action post pass to Garcon? They did that one at least five times successfully, including in obvious passing situations like before halftime in the two minute drill, and on the decisive first down so they could run out the clock. That is horrible ******* discipline and awareness, making it to easy for Bob (who is, by the way a ******* ******** stupid dickhead). I hate him with a passion.

And of course to round out the perfect evening, Locklear gets what looks to be a serious injury, so now we have to watch Diehl allow pressures on Eli all throughout December and in the playoffs if we even get there. ****!!!

And I don't even know why I'm so pissed off at this game, because it was to be expected from the Giants. But this loss really rubbed me the wrong way. Anyways, it's 6 AM in Norway, so i'm off to bed to get my two hours of sleep.

End Rant.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

yeah, a better scoring offense would be cool. I miss getting touchdowns
Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

We are still in a offensive funk. Except now we have injuries, and our D stll stinks and our special teams gets flagged every game it would seem. This offense needs an enema!

31st ranked pass defense, and we stay balanced. I am starting to despise our two coordinators. The game plan offensively was nonsense!

Balance, to rack up a high TOP to keep Bob off the field! Amazing, except we stink in the red zone! So all we are doing to shortening the game to kick FGs! Yippee!

1st down pass, 2nd down run, 3rd and long pass, FG

I am really starting to hate our system.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you wanted to control the ball and Bradshaw was running fairly well but you did your offense a disservice by not picking our D apart through the air.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I know you wanted to control the ball and Bradshaw was running fairly well but you did your offense a disservice by not picking our D apart through the air.
Welcome to my personal hell. We won 2 SBs so in my hell, no coaches can fired.

31st ranked pass D, and we urge balance! Amazing game plan offensive coaches! Maybe we can shorten the game and out kick the redskins. Tynes is on his way to have an epic season kicking the ball!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The penalties killed us tonight. Can't win committing dumb penalties, we win a close game if we don't have all those false starts/holding calls. Also, that 3rd & 20 screen when we were losing with 4 minutes left was the dumbest play call I have ever seen.....like ever

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:53 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I didn't watch the game, still in Berlin, but I'm glad we lost, means there'll be some sort of pressure on the guys down the stretch, so that we have to win those games and can go into the playoffs with momentum.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: