Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-30-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That reminds me, I wonder who the 49ers will target in the following draft. Obviously it's a strange inquiry since the 49ers still have a good amount of the season left. I'd like to think that they would go for some OLB help. Not sure if Haralson is coming back and we don't really have anyone behind Brooks and Smith. I like the situation Houston has with their outside linebackers. Brooks Reed and Connor Barwin are starting and they still have Whitney Mercilus who hasn't even played that much yet just waiting in the wings. Apparently when he has he's looked great.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OLB and CB are my top two positions followed by the DL. I would also take a chance on that Mathiu guy from LSU in the 4th because from what I have seen, he's a turnover causing machine. For a 4th, worth the risk.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
That reminds me, I wonder who the 49ers will target in the following draft. Obviously it's a strange inquiry since the 49ers still have a good amount of the season left. I'd like to think that they would go for some OLB help. Not sure if Haralson is coming back and we don't really have anyone behind Brooks and Smith. I like the situation Houston has with their outside linebackers. Brooks Reed and Connor Barwin are starting and they still have Whitney Mercilus who hasn't even played that much yet just waiting in the wings. Apparently when he has he's looked great.
I am thinking TE will be a possible pick, depending on what happens with Delanie Walker's contract.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For everyone that grew up outside of California a 49ers fan, how in the world did you people watch the games from Sunday to Sunday? Because NFL Sunday Ticket didn't exist yet did it? Did you have to always go to a bar or something? Was that even possible? Or did you just have to settle for primetime games, the highlights, and or the newspapers?

Quote:
Old 12-01-2012, 06:55 AM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am in Indy.

I watched when I could.
And in the 2000s KGO online always streamed for free.
Then choppy streams.

Being out of the market probably helps me be more rational and calm about things. I am like that anyhow.
Having to be front row for years of suck I can see how the bitterness and anger built up in some people on other boards. Also likely they were loud idiots to begin with.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For everyone that grew up outside of California a 49ers fan, how in the world did you people watch the games from Sunday to Sunday? Because NFL Sunday Ticket didn't exist yet did it? Did you have to always go to a bar or something? Was that even possible? Or did you just have to settle for primetime games, the highlights, and or the newspapers?
NFL Sunday Ticket has been around a long time. My family moved here during the telecomm boom of the 90s and my Dad bought DirecTV just for Sunday Ticket.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I was watching the 1990 regular season meeting of the 49ers at New Orleans the other night. Our old uniforms look so much better. As a matter of fact, so did New Orleans. I'm happy of the homage to the classic look with today's design, but every NFL jersey seems to have this unnecessary sleek look with thin, graceful seams added. Like a Dark Knight feel to make it more military-influenced as it can be for an NFL jersey. I'm not sure if it's the specific coloring that Wilson and Champion used for the uniforms, but they were great. Same with the helmets. The gold looked a lot better too. Weird.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked our old 94 jerseys that we can use in Madden which is pretty cool.And I agree that the old uniforms are much much better.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Really? I thought the 1994 uniforms were terrible.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just my kind of liking I guess I dunno.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well it was the 80's so the Niners were on TV alot in my area. The one thing about being from a military town, with no professional sports teams anywhere close, your accustomed to seeing and knowing fans from all over and used to seeing a lot teams on Sundays. Most ppl in my area I would say are Redskins fans because that was the closest team so they always showed all the Redskins games in my market. Still do. But its also a huge contingent of Cowboys, Steelers, Giants, Niners, and Raiders fans here too so they were on tv alot back then. But I remember the Niners being on tv at least once a month as a kid. Plus I saw all the playoff games and SBs so I got to see a good amount of Niner football. .
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I grew up in the northwest so we either got the Shecocks, Niners, or Broncos.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Gameday Thread is up.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
the Shecocks
I can't tell you how much I love this.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I can't tell you how much I love this.
My favorite part is that I've typed it into my phone so many times that if I have slip up and type in Seahawks it actually auto-corrects it to Shecocks.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Manningham has a shoulder injury and the coaches are not sure if he's gonna be able to play. If I were to guess why they aren't playing Lamichael I would guess he isn't far enough along in pass protection to be reliable.

Also saw that for the Dolphins Jake Long is out for the rest of the season.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Manningham has a shoulder injury and the coaches are not sure if he's gonna be able to play. If I were to guess why they aren't playing Lamichael I would guess he isn't far enough along in pass protection to be reliable.

Also saw that for the Dolphins Jake Long is out for the rest of the season.
What they should do is use James and Gore in pass plays with Gore for pass protection. Not only is the better player in for pass protection but it could create some favorable matchups for James. Also, it could always be a run to either player.

Hopefully, Fangio goes after Tannehill. Dolphins OL will be weak on the left side and I would attack that until it doesnt work.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
What they should do is use James and Gore in pass plays with Gore for pass protection. Not only is the better player in for pass protection but it could create some favorable matchups for James. Also, it could always be a run to either player.

Hopefully, Fangio goes after Tannehill. Dolphins OL will be weak on the left side and I would attack that until it doesnt work.
That might work once but other teams would catch on that they don't trust James in pass pro and they would exploit it.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
That might work once but other teams would catch on that they don't trust James in pass pro and they would exploit it.
True but then again, that inside slant against the Rams worked the entire game and the Rams defense didnt adjust to that at all. That could also be used for screens to James too. Switches everything up, protects Kaepernick and could be a good play because of James speed.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. I'd support James in a Percy Harvin-style role until his pass-pro gets better. Sadly, this offense doesn't really have that role.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James may finally be getting some playing time...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...17&feedID=5936

Quote:
General manager Trent Baalke intimated Monday that rookie running back LaMichael James will soon get a chance to contribute to the 49ers' offense.
Baalke, speaking on his weekly radio show on 95.7 The Game's "Bucher & Towny," said the 49ers' coaching staff will make the ultimate decision on playing time.

"But," Baalke said, "I'd say, it's safe to say that LaMichael is going to start getting his opportunities and (I'm) confident that he'll make the most of them when given the opportunity."
Not sure whats going on with Jenkins though. But looks like we will see James debut this week.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

That's some good news I suppose. I wasn't really impressed with the rookie from what I saw in the preseason, but it was a very small sample size so whatever. Losing Kendall Hunter and Kyle Williams really screwed us over Sunday.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't remember much from James. I did like Jenkins though. He had a nice game against the Chargers and a big catch in the Texans game in the preseason. I know it doesn't mean a lot, just that i thought he was starting to look better.

IMO its time to use both these guys. Ted Ginn and Brandon Jacobs are in front of them on the depth chart and both are non factors.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Really hope that James gets some playing time and at least a few screen passes as im looking forward to seeing what he can do. And even if he does bad, he cant do any worse than Jacobs so im not worried whatsoever.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Niners have brought Ray Edwards in for a workout today.