Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Another thing I want to point out is the fact that the NFL is so pass heavy now that this to me isnt all that impressive, taking in account the team he plays on throws the ball 80% of the time... That being said he is having a great year but when looking at how records that have stood for 20 years(Marino's Yards and TD's, Rice's Yards and TD's) when you look at when those records were set in the time of workhorse backs and power football is what made those impressive.

But if you are throwing the ball 80% of the time no wonder how these records are falling.
I don't care what anyone says, a WR approaching 2000 receiving yards is highly impressive. Some of you are getting carried away with the whole "well the game has changed so that isn't impressive anymore" logic. Yes it's obvious passing numbers are trending upward big time but it takes an incredible player to top 20 TD's, 1900 receiving yards, or 140 receptions. I don't care what era it's in.

I guess to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote