Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Who will throw to Larry Fitzgerald next year?
Kevin Kolb 2 4.17%
John Skelton 1 2.08%
Matt Moore 0 0%
Joe Flacco 0 0%
Geno Smith 7 14.58%
Matt Barkley 9 18.75%
Tyler Wilson 9 18.75%
Mike Glennon 6 12.50%
Some other veteran 12 25.00%
Some other rookie 2 4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Arizona Cardinals Starting QB in 2013?

I can't remember the last time a team was held back so badly by it's lack of quarterback play. Kansas City can moan, too, but it's got nothing on how bad Arizona's been this year. The Cardinals have a legitimately good defense and good skill players in their offense, but it's basically a known fact that scoring two touchdowns will get you a win against the Cardinals. I can't picture either Skelton or Kolb going into training camp next season as the starter, unless it's because the front office has just drafted someone and it's a formality to wait a bit longer. But I also see the Cardinals as the kind of team who would be likely to bring in a veteran. Since I think this is a playoff team with a competent quarterback, but they're headed for a top-5 pick without one, it interests me.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 12-04-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might as well go with the trend and bring in a rookie to start. Ideally you would want a mobile QB with that offensive line but not sure who fits that description in this years draft. Might it be Geno Smith?

If you're wanting to ride that trend of QBs that can move, 2014 is probably for you. The top 3 that i see right now, Manziel, Bridgewater and Driskel, are all 4.6 guys or better.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thing is, I see the Cardinals as a team that's set up pretty well already for a pocket passer; they've got Fitzgerald, Floyd Roberts, and Doucet making a nice receiving corps and if Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams can stay healthy, they've got a solid backfield, too. This isn't like Washington was heading into 2012. They're closer to the Seahawks, but maybe a bit more versatile with their personnel. Geno Smith would be a fit. Not so sure about Tyler Wilson or Matt Barkley. Maybe Mike Glennon. Glennon kind of reminds me of Skelton, though.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I'm watching some tape of Mike Glennon right now, and I gotta say, he throws some nice balls. Fitz can work with that. I want to compare him to Joe Flacco.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best guess is Alex Smith, with Carson Palmer being my personal hope. Whisenhunt doesn't have enough rope left to groom another rookie QB. If he doesn't get fired this offseason, he better turn that offense around next year or it will almost certainly be his last.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt San Diego would be willing to trade him, but I feel like Phillip Rivers would be a slam dunk considering what the have in place with Jump ball receivers like Floyd and Fitzgerald.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors are that Whis will be fired soon and replaced by Ray Horton as HC, so some of it depends on who he brings in to run the offense
Old 12-04-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamo Alex Smith in the west. HA HA .
Old 12-04-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some1 with some mobility because of their o-line. At least someone was telling me their o-line sucks

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Vick ..
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Flacco? Some weird choices here seeing as how Vick and Alex Smith are the most likely. I'm betting on Alex Smith though. Great defense, elite WR, he can manage that if you get the running game going. I have Vick to Buffalo running the pistol with Spiller which I think works to the benefit of them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith to Arizona would make for such a great storyline next season.

As for Alex Smith being great for Arizona... I have my doubts...

Would be fun to watch him get crushed by his old team twice a year.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
thing is, I see the Cardinals as a team that's set up pretty well already for a pocket passer; they've got Fitzgerald, Floyd Roberts, and Doucet making a nice receiving corps and if Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams can stay healthy, they've got a solid backfield, too. This isn't like Washington was heading into 2012. They're closer to the Seahawks, but maybe a bit more versatile with their personnel. Geno Smith would be a fit. Not so sure about Tyler Wilson or Matt Barkley. Maybe Mike Glennon. Glennon kind of reminds me of Skelton, though.
Except they don't have a pocket to put him in. That OL is real, real bad.

I voted Tyler Wilson. I could see them bringing in a vet to compete/backup, but Whiz won't be back and new coach/new QB combos are all the rage now.

I think SF will trade Smith, and probably try to get him out of the division.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For whatever reason, Tyler Wilson was the first name to pop into my head. I can picture him in a Cardinals jersey.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Set up for a pocket passer based on their skill positions. I know they have a lousy line, but I don't always buy that that means a team is better off with a "scrambler." Think about how quickly Kurt Warner would get rid of his passes. At least, that's what happened when they were playing well. Arizona's had a bad offensive line forever.

Flacco was a random add-in because he's supposed to be a free agent and it seems like the Ravens never want to sign him to a long-term deal. It seems likely to me that he gets franchised, but there's always the possibility he doesn't stay in Baltimore. I added the "other vet" option knowing there'd be other names thrown out. I actually kind of like the Michael Vick suggestion. It seems very, very Arizona.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
dmoneyrockin
Rookie

dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda feel bad for Ryan Lindley. He's been thrust into a really bad situation, and he was clearly not ready for. I don't see Alex Smith being available. While Kapearnik is obviously the future he is still rather cheap, and I think SanFran would be wise to keep him around at least a year as insurance. Matt Hasselbeck could be an option as a mentor to a young guy. Who knows it's a toss up really. Bottom line is if they don't shore up that Oline it doesn't really it doesn't matter who's back there.
dmoneyrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoneyrockin View Post
Kinda feel bad for Ryan Lindley. He's been thrust into a really bad situation, and he was clearly not ready for. I don't see Alex Smith being available. While Kapearnik is obviously the future he is still rather cheap, and I think SanFran would be wise to keep him around at least a year as insurance. Matt Hasselbeck could be an option as a mentor to a young guy. Who knows it's a toss up really. Bottom line is if they don't shore up that Oline it doesn't really it doesn't matter who's back there.
Smith is due several million dollars early in the league year that will force the 49ers to make a fast decision. If they can't trade him, they'll likely release him. It's quite clear that they've hitched the wagon to Kaepernick for better or for worse.

So he'll be out there as option, and might not be a half bad one for San Fran in the short term. He's more than capable of running an offense and disseminating the ball to the talent they have at receiver.

But even if they do pick up someone like Smith, they should still be looking at some other rookie options. Maybe not in the first round, but the 2nd or 3rd would be places to grab a developmental QB.

There is also the possibility that the 49ers, knowing the Cards might be interested in Smith, trade him out of the conference (or at least out of the division) to keep him away from the Cardinals, similar to how the Packers traded Favre to keep him away from the Vikings. (It worked for one year...)
Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards should sign Jake Long and any other notiable FA oline they can and draft a Qb ASAP.

then just work on the oline rbs/TE
Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Mike Glennon a lot in a Cards uni.
Hire Norval as his OC/QB coach and sign Andy Reid to run the show.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I like Mike Glennon a lot in a Cards uni.
Hire Norval as his OC/QB coach and sign Andy Reid to run the show.
Reid is going to run the offensive show wherever he goes and I don't see Glennon as a great fit for the offense.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to imagine a team being hard up enough to give Vick another starting job. I might take him as a backup at this point. Some place like Pittsburgh where they need a #2 guy who can come in and play a little.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Hard to imagine a team being hard up enough to give Vick another starting job. I might take him as a backup at this point. Some place like Pittsburgh where they need a #2 guy who can come in and play a little.
The Steelers do love having black back up QBs!!!
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Well, I wasn't going there...but you do make a valid point.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it'll be Geno Smith.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Vick *Laughs at fenikz*

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote