Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Do you KNOW BO?

Is there anyone here who saw Bo play?
There are many who say this guy was the most talented RB to ever play the game.

You've seen ESPN running commercials for You Don't Know Bo.... this Saturday, looks pretty good.

Greatest Pure Physically-Talented RBs ever?
  1. Bo Jackson
  2. Marcus DuPree
  3. Herschel Walker
  4. Adrian Peterson
  5. Eric Dickerson

This damn "flukey" tackle ruined everything.

Check this out if you've never seen him>

And this one>

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-05-2012 at 11:06 AM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw him at both Auburn and in the NFL. I was young, and therefore not really analyzing his game, but I saw the fastest running back I'd seen then or since. The fact he was the size he was with that speed and ability to shed tackles was simply unfair.

And "You don't know Bo" is simply a play on the multitude of Nike "Bo knows" advertising that saturated the market during his peak.

Oh, and using him on Tecmo Bowl was pretty much unstoppable.

Last edited by phlysac : 12-05-2012 at 11:13 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bo "Defied the geometry of the game" - Auburn Baseball Coach

"He was the greatest athlete I ever saw." -D*ck Schapp

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-05-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw him truck Bosworth on a goal line play against Seattle. There are guys playing today who are similar to him physically.

Steven Jackson when he was younger had almost the same physique, 6'1-6'2, 230-235#, but he didn't have that legit high 4.2/low 4.3 speed.

(BTW I don't believe the football urban myth that Bo ran a 4.1.)

AD is similar, but as a rookie Peterson was maybe 215#. Bo had about 15 more pounds on him and was a tick faster IMO.

Bo Jackson was like RB Steven Jackson with the speed and nearly the quickness of a young Devin Hester.

Bo used to say he didn't spend that much time grinding in the weight room because if he lifted on the schedule his coaches wanted him to, he'd be 245#(!!). That's scary.
Even still, Jackson was criticized at Auburn for being somewhat of an underachiever, in the sense he should have been more dominant in college.

I don't disagree with that.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw him play the Seahawks in 1988 (at least I think it was '88) back when my parents were living in Oregon.

He certainly looked the part but I don't remember him having a good game. Marcus Allen was definitely he better back that day... it's hard to believe the Raiders had the luxury of those two splitting carries. Of course, the downside was the Raiders had a crappy passing game, while the Seahawks had Krieg throwing some crazy number of TD's that day.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barry Sanders tonight, Bo Jackson Saturday. DVR is already set, going to be a great week to revisit history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Started for the Eagles the last two games after LeSean got hurt.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bo was an amazing physical specimen, but size/speed doesn't make a running back. Honestly, I think height is a detriment as far as purely running the ball goes, and I think Barry's combo of low center of gravity, balance, shiftiness, and short area speed made him the best pure running prospect ever, and it showed in results, at every level.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tecmo Bo created the term OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes one feel old when someone talks about a guy like it was a century ago. For me at least, Herschel, Bo and OJ were the best college backs i had ever seen. What amazed me more about Bo to be honest was the power he had hitting a baseball.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bo turned 50 on November 30th, exactly 25 years to the day from that famous MNF game in Seattle when he trucked the Boz and rushed for 221 and 3TDs when football was just a 'hobby' to him. A two sport superstar was born that night. I was in my mid teens then and Barry followed a year later with his incredible Heisman season. To this day they are the two most naturally gifted running backs I've ever seen. The only two running backs where you didn't dare take your eyes off the TV because you knew you were witnessing greatness and a good chance to catch a breathtaking moment you may never see again. Adrian Peterson is pretty darn close but Bo was bigger and faster.

Bo was Jim Brown with 4.2 speed. Had he concentrated on football and avoided that injury he'd be right up there with Payton, Barry and Brown. HOFers in different sports from George Brett to Paul Hornung said he was the greatest athlete of all-time. Howie Long joked he'd take his sniper's rifle to Kansas City if Bo went back to baseball.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, but what does this have to do with the Packers?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Bo was an amazing physical specimen, but size/speed doesn't make a running back. Honestly, I think height is a detriment as far as purely running the ball goes, and I think Barry Sanders' combo of low center of gravity, balance, shiftiness, and short area speed made him the best pure running prospect ever, and it showed in results, at every level.
That's right.... I love RB's to be very low to the ground.... harder to get big shots on them.
Harder to get at their ACL's with those lazy, reckless, dangerous low dives into the knees.

Love me some Ray Rice, MJD, Darren Sproles.... I thought Jacquizz Rodgers was gonna blossom this year in that low strong mold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Yeah, but what does this have to do with the Packers?
^^^ There they go again ^^^ Everyone see that?

DA BEARZZ
Old 12-05-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barry, 5-8
Emmitt 5-9
Payton 5-10
Faulk 5-10
Tomlinson 5-10

Dickerson was the tallest elite RB I can think of at 6-3. Brown and OJ were 6-2.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Barry, 5-8
Emmitt 5-9
Payton 5-10
Faulk 5-10
Tomlinson 5-10

Dickerson was the tallest elite RB I can think of at 6-3. Brown and OJ were 6-2.
I found it funny that when I noticed this thread on the front page, the last person to post in it was you!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie Lee Ivory was a total stud. How did he not make the top 5?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude was one of the ProStars, so you know he's legit.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deion Sanders talks about his encounter with Bo in college...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ0292GRh00
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew this.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm only a few years younger than him and he was a folk hero 'round these parts going all the way back to his high school days at McAdory (who's undefeated and playing for the 5-A state title this year).

I'll never forget the game when the Raiders were playing the Dolphins on a Monday night. The Dolphins had a cornerback by the name of J.B. Brown and Bo thought Brown hit him a little late on the sidelines as he went out of bounds.

Bo grabbed that guy right above his numbers... picked him up off his feet and literally shook him like a dish rag for about 5 seconds. That guy was scared to death.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Dude was one of the ProStars, so you know he's legit.
I wish I could give you infinite rep for this.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
I knew this.

YES!!! I was going to post this myself! So glad someone else had this game!

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Eddie Lee Ivory was a total stud. How did he not make the top 5?
Silly ChiFan24, a true Packer homer would have picked Ahman Green. Green was bigger and faster than Ivery; and at one point in time, Green and Bo were the only NFL RBs who had two 90 yard runs.

Considering that this is a Bo Jackson thread, Green is clearly the Packer Homer pick.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote