Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I am a USC/Eagles fan, I dont know how to feel about Kiffen in Philly. I know he has a great track record in the NFL but he was HORRID this last year at making adjustments.

Gruden I dont mind, but we better get the right QB in place and I dont want him with any control on GM decisions.

My choice is David Shaw, and I would love a guy like Brian Billick as well.
This has more to do with how many more different types of offenses there are in college football combined with a 20 hour practice/meeting week IMO. College football is a lot harder to coach as a DC than NFL ball (on a macro level). NFL offense are really vanilla, the devil is in the details/on a micro level, and they've pretty much got a much time/resources as they need in the NFL.

I know Derrick Brooks recently said that he always worried about Monte coaching in college because of the time restrictions.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random thought: Will any of the SB winning coaches currently in broadcasting come back to the NFL any time soon? I'm talking Cowher, Billick, and Gruden. I believe Dungy is 100% retired.

Just wondering because their names have come up in some openings but its never moved forward...i think plenty of teams will be firing their HC's as i stated earlier and there have been more rumblings than normal about Gruden this year...
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:10 AM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Random thought: Will any of the SB winning coaches currently in broadcasting come back to the NFL any time soon? I'm talking Cowher, Billick, and Gruden. I believe Dungy is 100% retired.

Just wondering because their names have come up in some openings but its never moved forward...i think plenty of teams will be firing their HC's as i stated earlier and there have been more rumblings than normal about Gruden this year...
I would take the under on that.

Call it the Madden rule, I believe if a coach is in the broadcast booth for more than two years, he is never coming back. The quality of life adjustment is just so great. To go from a semi-retired position making hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars a year to take a 100 hr/week "damend if you do, damned if you don't" job is not that appealing to those that have experienced both sides.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
I would take the under on that.

Call it the Madden rule, I believe if a coach is in the broadcast booth for more than two years, he is never coming back. The quality of life adjustment is just so great. To go from a semi-retired position making hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars a year to take a 100 hr/week "damend if you do, damned if you don't" job is not that appealing to those that have experienced both sides.
The only thing about Gruden is apparently he still works nearly just as much as he did as a coach, and still has a general desire to go back into coaching.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@getnickwright
From a more then reliable source. Pioli and Crennel have officially been told they will NOT be back next year. #Chiefs

PLEASE be true
Old 12-20-2012, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Latest rumors for the Browns are Josh McDaniels & trading for Ryan Mallett. http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...mcdaniels.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Latest rumors for the Browns are Josh McDaniels & trading for Ryan Mallett. http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...mcdaniels.html
After just drafting Weeden? Well I guess you need to start grooming a replacement. For your rookie QB. With a QB who has been in the league 2 years.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

Gruden in silver and black would make me drool. Holy cow that would be amazing.

But I don't know if he will come back at all, and I do not believe he could ever come back to Oakland.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow the Browns are really desperate . i thought they like Weeden ha ha. I though I would trade for Mallet too. He was a steal for Pats who don't need a back up .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post

Patriot coordinators that go to Cleveland don't succeed

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
After just drafting Weeden? Well I guess you need to start grooming a replacement. For your rookie QB. With a QB who has been in the league 2 years.
Remember this is Josh McDaniels we are talking about, he tried to trade for Matt freaking Cassell having Jay Cutler a three year veteran coming off of his best season as a pro and only 26 years old at the time. The worst thing you can do is give McDaniels ANY kind of power relating personnel, he'll just evaluate the best talents on your team and trade them away for absolutely nothing in return.

/rant.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote