Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Hightower is available... I thought he looked pretty good in AZ.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
Tim Hightower is available... I thought he looked pretty good in AZ.
He looked even better last year in Washington, until he tore his ACL.

I wonder where Marc Tyler, Tyrell Sutton, Dimitri Nance are.
Kregg Lumpkin went to the Giants..... how do you decide who's recycleable and who isn't?

At least Grant should be rested & fresh.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The nice part about bringing in Grant is that his style actually complements Green's. Green is fast, elusive, and has great hands out of the backfield. Things Grant really isnt. Grant will get maybe 8-10 carries for 30-40 yards; if he does that I think that is more than enough. Let Green get 15-20 carries. Also, with Kuhn, we have a pass protector and a guy that can take 5 carries as well in a game.

Poor Starks though; the guy just can't catch a break. I mean, his running style is so violent, it is not a surprise. Was injured in college, and he is injured in the pros - hopefully he can pull a Mike Neal (fingers crossed) and stay healthy next season. Starks is still my #1 RB on the Packers roster, but maybe Green can turn it up a notch.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scratch the Mike Neal staying healthy part, MM just said that he did not feel good about what the training staff told him......Neal is sooo powerful, that is a loss in the pass rush area for sure.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah looks like Mike Neal's longest stretch of not-being-injured might be over.
Sucks....
Old 12-05-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn... when this team drafts next year I think they seriously need to consider moving durability up their list.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:05 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
God damn... when this team drafts next year I think they seriously need to consider moving durability up their list.
If only it were that easy.
It's mostly luck, and we have bad luck.

Cedric Benson was durable before..... which is why MM was happy to get him.
Then BOOM, same BS that all our guys have.

Charles Woodson was brittle though in Oakland, then gave us a good 5 years before going down.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome back Ryan Grant
Old 12-07-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

2010 Season starts..... Ryan Grant is the man. James Starks is hurt, a rookie nobody wanted or knew.
2010 Playoffs came..... Ryan Grant was out injured, forgotten. James Starks introduced himself to America in Philly with a 100+ yard game, coming out party, in a close win..... won a Super Bowl as our starting RB.

2012 Season started.... James Starks was the guy, til Cedric Benson was brought in..... Benson went down.
Starks went down.
Ryan Grant brought in, was the starting RB and won a Super Bowl.

Anyone see fair symetric justic in that?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MM presser

- He's "hopeful" that Clay/Woodson can practice this week and play. IDK, didn't like to hear those words. Sounds like there is still a bit of doubt whether or not they play...unless he's just not tipping his hand or something

- Said the same thing about Lang/Nelson. Said he's hopeful they practice this week. Talked to Jordy the other day who said he's getting better

- CJ Wilson not as far along as he and the team had hoped regarding his knee injury. Sounds like he'll be out still, which hurts. He's been very good against the run this year

so yeah...if Nelson/Lang/Woodson/Clay arent' practicing again this week, I'm gonna be pissed. Can't go another game without these guys, especially this one with the division title right there for the taking
Old 12-10-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I'm fine with Matthews & Woodson resting/healing a little longer.
I think we should be able to beat Chicaga with the same defense we had last night.
Jordy too.... we know that's a thing that can linger, be re-aggravated easily.

Would be nice to have all these great ones back now, but much more important for them to stay healthy & we need them in January when hopefully we go 2-0, and finish it off with a winning February.

Why wasn't Mike Neal mentioned?
Is he back, or on IR?
Old 12-10-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Why wasn't Mike Neal mentioned?
Is he back, or on IR?
I think Neal is done for the year

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think Neal is done for the year
^ Is this from today? ^
Or last year?
Or the year before?

Here's what I found from Sunday morning:
He's listed as "doubtful" for Sunday night's game against the Detroit Lions with a shoulder injury. This past week, Neal wasn't around the locker room to talk about his latest injury. The only sound you hear from him publicly is on Twitter, where in a predictable case of déjà vu, the Harrell parallel made its ceremonious return.

On Friday, one fan tweeted, "When do you think Neal gets to reach Justin Harrell status?" The fan didn't even include Neal's Twitter handle in the tweet. But Neal found it - and responded. So good about ignoring criticism all year, Neal copied the tweet and wrote back, "Put some pads on n come see me."

Some of those 2011 demons may be resurfacing. Time will tell. Trgovac says Neal is "at peace" this year.

The Adderall saga behind him, that focus is being tested again.

"There was a lot of frustration built up, and I was going through all that, but God was taking me this way," Neal said. "So I feel I came out of the situation much better."

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-10-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm really just speculating....the guy is so fragile and unreliable that we need to move on from him

Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
i'm really just speculating....the guy is so fragile and unreliable that we need to move on from him
He's also a sensitive baby it seems.
Like he expects we all just look the other way time after time after time when he goes down, out.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Somebody get that Week 15 Bears thread up so I don't have to create it.. you guys say I'm a jinx!

Da Bearz
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Somebody get that Week 15 Bears thread up so I don't have to create it.. you guys say I'm a jinx!

Da Bearz
After the Giants game yup you definitely are... pf28 seems to be the guy that gets us W's always.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

In fact PF28 is 5-0
Packerlegend is 3-3* really 4-2
J-Mike is 1-1

So PF28 has the hot hand in gameday thread making.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 12-11-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
In fact PF28 is 5-0
Packerlegend is 3-3* really 4-2
J-Mike is 1-1

So PF28 has the hot hand in gameday thread making.
PF, getcha azz in here and open the bar..... got some thirsty fans here...
Old 12-11-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

settle down people, the savior is here haha

Old 12-11-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Casey Hayward a gem? https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-year-week-14/
Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clay returned to practice today and so did Mike Neal. Lang returned to

in a bit of a pleasant surprise, there was also this

Quote:
@WesHod
Let the OL guessing begin, Lang took snaps at LG, EDS took reps at center and LG. Barclay at RT
Was hoping they'd put Lang back at LG and keep Barclay at RT, but I didn't expect them to tinker with benching Saturday. Should be interesting

downside is that Woodson and Nelson didn't practice today. Really hope both can go this weekend. CJ Wilson didn't practice either and is probably out(that hurts the run D). Davon House didn't practice today either for some reason(guess it makes sense, they finally get Shields back so now another CB has to go down. That's how it works on this team)
Old 12-12-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

well damn, Woodson already has been ruled out. Conditioning wise, he's ready to go, but the docs still feel he isn't ready quite yet

Jordy Nelson is also a long shot to play on sunday

- Clay was limited today in practice, and they will see how he is tomorrow. Plan is for him to play. MM used the word "hopeful" again in regards to Clay playing this sunday, so even though he was out there today in practice, I wouldn't say it's a slam dunk that he'll play. Hopefully he feels good tomorrow as I guess that's the key. See how his hamstring responds to some practice out there today

- Neal practicing today was a surprise, but good to see

- CJ's knee injury more serious than they thought. They do expect him to be back this year though, but it's going to be a a few more weeks it looks like

Last edited by BloodBrother : 12-12-2012 at 01:24 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
well damn, Woodson already has been ruled out. Conditioning wise, he's ready to go, but the docs still feel he isn't ready quite yet

Jordy Nelson is also a long shot to play on sunday

- Clay was limited today in practice, and they will see how he is tomorrow. Plan is for him to play. MM used the word "hopeful" again in regards to Clay playing this sunday, so even though he was out there today in practice, I wouldn't say it's a slam dunk that he'll play. Hopefully he feels good tomorrow as I guess that's the key. See how his hamstring responds to some practice out there today

- Neal practicing today was a surprise, but good to see

- CJ's knee injury more serious than they thought. They do expect him to be back this year though, but it's going to be a a few more weeks it looks like
Damn it Jordy! My fantasy team needs you!