Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-04-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
dolfan
Rookie

dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Next Mock Draft Update?

When is the next mock draft update? thanks
dolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:00 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Within the next couple of weeks.

Honestly, I really haven't felt the need to update the mock recently because there aren't necessarily a ton of major changes to be made outside of the draft order.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:02 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While we're on the subject, let's talk about mocks.

* What do you think is the most outdated pick in the current mock?

* Which player currently in the first round doesn't belong there now?

* Which player NOT currently in the first round should be there?

* Who is going to climb / fall the most in the next update?

Post your answers and let's discuss!

Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*Chiefs - Matt Barkley, Bengals - David Amerson, Saints - Kawann Short

*David Amerson

*Dion Jordan, Jake Matthews, Ziggy Ansah

*Well that's up to you isn't it

Last edited by TACKLE : 12-04-2012 at 06:25 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Arthur Brown is to small to be a 1st rounder. He looks smaller then Ernie Sims.

Michael Buchanan has been terrible. I don't think he'll go in the top 100.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheldon Richardson is a guy I see going a lot higher than where projected in the last mock, as is Bjoern Werner. Both are top 10 guys IMO

I don't think Barkley will be the first pick and think both LSU DEs will now fall out of the top 10, although I still like Mingo a lot

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas City- Matt Barkley

LB Arthur Brown

Jake Matthews

Climb- Damonte Moore
Fall- David Amerson

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post

I think this is one of your better mock drafts early in the process and I see no glaring errors in your assumptions although , of course, I don't agree with the location of every pick.

The only 2 I have a problem with is maybe Amerson who I predict will have difficulty staying in round 1 and Tyler Wilson. I've been around the scouting scene for over 55 years and in that time I've learned that NFL scouts and GM's place a lot of importance on how well a college HC produces pro QB's
, or any position for that matter. A couple of pro flops by players produced by certain HC's will make it unlikely that pro GM's will put their careers on the line and risk taking another one in round 1, hence the Tedford/Rodgers drop. I think Tyler Wilson will be looked upon by pro scouts and GM's as another Petrino QB and find himself in round 2.

The other experience I have noticed that commands scouts and GM's attention, is being overweight your last year of college football, it often costs a prospect at least a round in the draft. Jonathan Jenkins just might be in that area as I wasn't very impressed with his play against Alabama. He is talented but he looked terrible against Alabama's OL.

If I'm adding other prospects I think with be 1st rounds I would start with Jake Matthews OT, Texas A&M, I believe he is in a simular situation that Smith And Kalil found themselves in at USC. I won't be shocked if Matthews goes top 10 just behind Joeckel as the #2 LT in the draft.
I also like Dion Jordan quite a bit and currently have him in my top 15 and love Barrett Jones(my top 20) who dominated against Georgia DL last Saturday.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 12-04-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Buchanan

Michael Buchanan

Sharrif Floyd - DT - Florida

Climb - Damontre Moore
Fall - Michael Buchanan
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Redskins and Rams keep winning, both of the Rams picks will be in the 20's. That just plain sucks
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeAndre Hopkins will climb into the First Round
Kenjon Barner should be a First Rounder as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Just give Jake Mathews to the Cowboys and all will be forgiven :) But honestly as soon as we realize Jeremy Parnell is a very solid RT and bench Free we could attack interior line pretty heavily.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Planning to post a new mock draft on Monday, December 10th so watch out for it!

Old 12-05-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Planning to post a new mock draft on Monday, December 10th so watch out for it!

Warmack and Keenan Allen for the Rams please
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I've been around the scouting scene for over 55 years and in that time I've learned that NFL scouts and GM's place a lot of importance on how well a college HC produces pro QB's, or any position for that matter.
****.... and we tease CJ for being old........
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only players in the first round who really stand out as "don't deserve to go in the first round" are Giovanni Bernard, Arthur Brown, and Michael Buchanan (who are coincidentally all taken within a 4 pick span.)
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote