Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-04-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to get into the evaluating process of our current roster yet, seeing as we still are right in the thick of the playoff and division race. Last night did make me more worried about our playoff prospects. But it was a totally avoidable and stupid loss, when we could've and should've won and separated from the pack in our division.

Another thing that worries me is that we now lose the tiebreaker to either the Cowboys or the Redskins regarding division wins. We can only go .500 if we win against the Eagles (which is never a gimme, not even with this sorry ass version of the Eagles). That means we need one more win than Cowboys/Redskins to win the division. Cowboys schedule is pretty tough, but the Redskins schedule is pretty easy compared to ours and the 'Boys.

REDSKINS:

Ravens
@Browns
@Eagles
Cowboys

COWBOYS:

@Bengals
Steelers
Saints
@Redskins

I can easily picture Redskins winning 3 or even all of their remaining games.
Which forces us to win at least three games ourselves. Next week against the Saints is now a must-win. If we don't win there, we force ourselves to win out to be certain of a playoff spot. And that is against two of the top teams in the NFL, and our nemesis Eagles, who would damn sure like to beat us out of the playoffs in their last game of the season.

I know the arguments about "these are the situations the Giants thrive in" and "we will play up to our opponents vs. the Falcons and Ravens".

But I HATE that we have to rely on these things year in and year out. We are just as likely to get bitten in the ass by this, and miss the playoffs, as we are to make a run, in my opinion.

Remember, 2 out of the last 3 years, we didn't even make the playoffs after hot starts, and november/december collapses.

I will be very nervous next sunday. I think that's the game that makes or breaks our season. Best case scenario, we win, while the Redskins and Cowboys lose against their AFC North opponents. Worst case, we lose, and the Redskins win, to take over the lead in the division, having tons of momentum and an easy schedule save for the Cowboys in the last game, who may or may not have anything to play for.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Even then I don't want him back. At this point, him starting holds our team back. I rather just replace him outright and look to improve that position with some new blood.

I hope he retires and makes the decision easy for us, but he probably won't
I think he would still be effective in a limited role.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retired. He's already thought about it before.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to win 2 games to make the playoffs.

I don't care about the division. Redskins can win out for all I care. I want to be in the playoffs.

I think the Seahawks go 2-2 and I think we go 2-2 with wins against Baltimore and the Eagles in the remaining games. Difference is, Seahawks do not have a single division win.

2 wins and were in the playoffs whether that is as a wildcard or division leaders.

Besides that, I think this Saints team is extremely beatable in their down year and on our own turf. If we show up to play... if we don't we are going to get scorched and then I have to pray the Ravens beat the Redskins or else RGIII's knob will get slobbed all over ESPN for that whole week as they take the divisional lead.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When we rape the Ravens and Falcons is NYG still going to be crying about the sky falling?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really dissappointed that we have let Dallas and Washington back in the playoff race, there is no margin for error.

Let's face it, the NFC East is full of bad teams and we still haven't been able to put it away.

Sure we are right in the playoff race and there is a decent chance we get hot right at the end of the season (again) for a strong playoff run. We should make the playoffs and you can be sure we are the team opponents will least want to face.

It does worry me that our team is still so hot and cold. This is our 9th season under Coughlin, why haven't we been able to get some consistency?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
When we rape the Ravens and Falcons is NYG still going to be crying about the sky falling?
You must be watching a different Giants team. Whatever you are smoking, snorting, or shooting up, pass that here.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
You must be watching a different Giants team. Whatever you are smoking, snorting, or shooting up, pass that here.
Just the one that completely destroyed the 9ers and Packers, the two best teams in the NFC and arguably the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I am really dissappointed that we have let Dallas and Washington back in the playoff race, there is no margin for error.

Let's face it, the NFC East is full of bad teams and we still haven't been able to put it away.

Sure we are right in the playoff race and there is a decent chance we get hot right at the end of the season (again) for a strong playoff run. We should make the playoffs and you can be sure we are the team opponents will least want to face.

It does worry me that our team is still so hot and cold. This is our 9th season under Coughlin, why haven't we been able to get some consistency?
We've been very consistent, play like crap when we're front running and there's no pressure, play amazing once our backs are to the wall and the pressure is huge.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say this:

I hate Justin Tuck's "leadership"

He's always making excuses, moping around, never rallying the guys. Coughlin comes out and says we have to win all of our games, and then Tuck says no we don't.

What kind of leadership is that? I'm really getting sick of Tuck.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh that's overrated BBD. Just like how everyone use to get on Eli for not showing enough emotion. Tuck usually does the pregame fire up and everyone is rocking at that point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will say this:

I hate Justin Tuck's "leadership"

He's always making excuses, moping around, never rallying the guys. Coughlin comes out and says we have to win all of our games, and then Tuck says no we don't.

What kind of leadership is that? I'm really getting sick of Tuck.
I for one am looking forward to seeing how the Giants manage their roster in the next couple of years. They have lots of big contracts to sign (Cruz, JPP, Nicks, Phillips) and a good chunk of well paid veterans that are going to need to be shown the door in order to keep those guy around. I definitely think that Tuck could easily be one of those guys who gets shown the door with his injuries and diminishing production.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I moreso have a problem with him constantly making excuses. Well we went 9-7 last year and won, well we don't have to win every game, well we slumped before and bounced back etc.

Stop making excuses, be a leader, and hold people accountable. It's really annoying.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I for one am looking forward to seeing how the Giants manage their roster in the next couple of years. They have lots of big contracts to sign (Cruz, JPP, Nicks, Phillips) and a good chunk of well paid veterans that are going to need to be shown the door in order to keep those guy around. I definitely think that Tuck could easily be one of those guys who gets shown the door with his injuries and diminishing production.
Yeah we've been discussing that for awhile here. Nobody really knows what direction we're going to take but it makes it a little more difficult because Nicks and Phillips are always banged up. When healthy they're great and deserve a big payday but we're not sure how Reese will proceed with them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I moreso have a problem with him constantly making excuses. Well we went 9-7 last year and won, well we don't have to win every game, well we slumped before and bounced back etc.

Stop making excuses, be a leader, and hold people accountable. It's really annoying.
I haven't seen any specific quotes but it's one of the reasons why some people think we're not going to do anything this year because we rely too much on making a run when our backs are against the wall.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah we've been discussing that for awhile here. Nobody really knows what direction we're going to take but it makes it a little more difficult because Nicks and Phillips are always banged up. When healthy they're great and deserve a big payday but we're not sure how Reese will proceed with them.
It's definitely a tough question for any successful team. The key is having enough guys on their first contracts to make it all work, signing the right guys to their second contracts, and being proactive about letting go veterans at the right time. The Patriots have the same problem with guys like Vollmer and Spikes. Both are huge talents, but they were much riskier bets than guys like Gronk and Mayo. In the next 2 or so years we may need to consider jettisoning guys like Mankins to make it all work.

I think you guys should at least start by getting rid of the bloated contracts you have on the O-line with Diehl and Snee. Also, Osi and Tuck should go soon as well. Webster is interesting because I know he struggled at the beginning of the season, but how does he look now? His cap # is pretty large and could be on the chopping block as well.

There is nothing worse than losing solid periphery guys like Bennett and Beatty, and trying to fill them with budget veteran gambles. The Pats did this in 09 and it blew up in their face.

Do the Giants have a dedicated salary cap page? I've been looking for one, but I can't seem to find it.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Just the one that completely destroyed the 9ers and Packers, the two best teams in the NFC and arguably the league.

We've been very consistent, play like crap when we're front running and there's no pressure, play amazing once our backs are to the wall and the pressure is huge.
49ers was way back when things were rolling and the packers, while a great win, had a bunch of nobodies on defense and their OL is garbage.

Pretty much what I said I have been saying since the start of the season with inability to score in the redzone. I felt we had issues.on offense and that was red zone offense and our system which I was right about.

Either way, I am honest with what I see. If we do well I give props which I dis after the 9ers game. If we suck I will say we do. That's how I coached and that's how I always done things.

Right now our offense has issues. Specifically in the red zone we are piss poor. I don't trust or like Fewell though I have noticed he can surprise. But I will always be blunt and honest with what I see. That's never going to change.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We've had red zone issues since 2006. This isn't anything new.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Not to this extent and now its becoming an issue this season. We are simply not converting our chances into TDs. I knew the skins game would play out like that. We kick 2 FGs go up by 6 and they score and go up by 1. Then like we always we say Eli will bail us out and get surprised when that's not the case.

Hopefully this week we can kick more FGs than Brees can pass TDs.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yes it has been this bad before. Go back and look at the numbers. One year we were 1st in Red Zone attempts and like 22nd in Red Zone TD's. Our vertical offense has always had trouble converting into TD's.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes it has been this bad before. Go back and look at the numbers. One year we were 1st in Red Zone attempts and like 22nd in Red Zone TD's. Our vertical offense has always had trouble converting into TD's.
Do you remember what year this was off the.top of.your head? Either way, this is happening this season and.its hurting us more.so.now. we will see if this.game.is.any different but its amazing how we keep screwing around in the red zone and fail to convert our chances.

Stupid phone keyboard keeps adding periods randomly.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think it was actually 2008 when our D was playing at a top 5 level.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I think it was actually 2008 when our D was playing at a top 5 level.
Yeah that was the year after the super bowl, with Spags being good. Also, I asked because that was the 2nd full year with Gilbride as the OC. So things were still being changed and modified. In my opinion, those were crucial years because since 2007, Eli has gotten better and the offense has opened up from the days of Hufangel and living in the I pro sets.

Now this should not be happening. Gilbride is still here, and Eli is more mature and confident in himself now then probably back then. I still can't believe this is happening to this extent right now.

Again, I will be recording and watching this offense closely with a fine tooth comb.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Like I said every year we've hgad trouble this. It's been very consistent. Every year we rank high in red zone attempts but low in scoring TD's down there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Like I said every year we've hgad trouble this. It's been very consistent. Every year we rank high in red zone attempts but low in scoring TD's down there.
And this is something that if we fixed we can get to a higher level. This year this inefficiency is hurting us especially now. The play calling is something I dislike, as well as the system, specifically the WR sight adjustment rules. I also think now the system has been exposed in terms of route reading by the opponent.

I talked with BBD about this. I hope it can change or be adjusted, but in terms of the system I highly doubt it. The play calling can but we have to be aggressive!

If this game turns into a shootout, I really hope our offense can be effective when it counts, and that means in the red zone.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am praying for bad weather. Our running game has been solid and we can survive an ugly game through a storm. The Saints are a team that depend on clear skies and no wind to air it out.

Rain and wind please.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I am praying for bad weather. Our running game has been solid and we can survive an ugly game through a storm. The Saints are a team that depend on clear skies and no wind to air it out.

Rain and wind please.
Sunday's forecast for the Medowlands is a high of 45 with a 50% chance of rain....YES!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote