Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-05-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota probably? We're 14 in the country!

And no, Northwestern isn't getting in. That's your 7. I think Illinois or Wisconsin will have the hardest time getting in out of that group, not us.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Minny has been the 4th best team in the conference so far. Becky has played 2 ranked teams and gotten killed by both, they also lost to Virginia at home, and Illinois has ridden ridiculous three point shooting that won't continue.

Last edited by yo123 : 12-05-2012 at 11:34 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be honest, I haven't watched any of Minnesota this year. I knew coming in to the year they should be good, despite Mbakwe's best chances to derail his career. But #14 now really means jack. It's like saying Kentucky was top 10 to start the season. I could still easily see Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Illinois fall off a cliff come conference play and be one of the borderline BIG teams.

But I was just listing the top 7 teams off the top of my head. But ya, I'll be curious to see how Wisconsin does this year.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't really mean the same as a ranking before the year at all, because the Gophers have built their way up to that spot by winning games that are going to help them come bracket time, and Kentucky was ranked that high because they're Kentucky.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True. I guess what I really meant is it's like 8 games into the season. Just because a team is ranked 14 doesn't mean they are a lock to make the tourny. All the teams I listed should make the tourny, as they are the top 7 teams in the BIG was my point is all.

IMO, of those teams, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota are the top 3 (in no order) most likely to not make the tourny because who knows when any of those 3 will decide they want to be laughed at and lose to Iowa like last year.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-05-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I'll be honest, I haven't watched any of Minnesota this year. I knew coming in to the year they should be good, despite Mbakwe's best chances to derail his career. But #14 now really means jack. It's like saying Kentucky was top 10 to start the season. I could still easily see Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Illinois fall off a cliff come conference play and be one of the borderline BIG teams.

We're 9-1 and have beaten Memphis, Florida State, Stanford, and Richmond. Our only loss is to Duke, who is probably the best team in the country.

Now, that isn't exactly murderer's row, but it's a hell of a lot better than what a lot of teams have played.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

To be fair the Gophers have done this before under Tubby and collapsed, but this team has more overall talent and those previous teams had serious injury/legal/luck problems that won't happen this year if the basketball gods have mercy on us for once.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
To be fair the Gophers have done this before under Tubby and collapsed
Look at the schedules from those years; they were absolute cupcakes. This year they've already played 5 pretty good to great schools.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Agreed, and I expect Minnesota to be good and they have a good resume so far. All I was contesting is that being #14 right now doesn't secure a bid to the tournament, especially when probably 50% of your schedule left is going to be tougher than any game minus Duke that you've played so far.

I don't expect Minnesota to go like 8-10 in conference, but I also don't expect them to go like 15-3. And especially considering they started 12-1 before hitting conference games last year (albeit against a much weaker schedule), but you can't really assume Tubby will have them there like you can with MSU or OSU.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-05-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Look at the schedules from those years; they were absolute cupcakes. This year they've already played 5 pretty good to great schools.
Agreed. But I still can't give Tubby the benefit of the doubt at this point in his career.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-05-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:

We had good wins against teams like UNC, Butler, and Louisville those years, but overall you're right. Those just stuck out in my mind I guess and made me remember the overall schedule as tougher than it was.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I don't expect Minnesota to go like 8-10 in conference, but I also don't expect them to go like 15-3. And especially considering they started 12-1 before hitting conference games last year (albeit against a much weaker schedule), but you can't really assume Tubby will have them there like you can with MSU or OSU.
8-10 in the conference would put them at 20-11 and probably in the dance. That's what I'm saying, with the resume that they have they would have to tank seriously hard to not make it.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

The moral of the story is that you will probably lose to Iowa because we are awesome and beat South Dakota by 20. GO IOWA AWESOME!

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-08-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Goddamnit njx, I roll over in bed just wanting to watch a half decent basketball game and your boys are losing by a hundred, like a minute in.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was a nice HS game around here last night that featured a couple Cuse recruits, Thomas Bryant, and a couple more guys that will be playing D1, likely (hopefully) in the area. Chinonso Obokoh did alright and came up with a bunch of blocks, as you'd expect. Most impressive player on the court was actually a Canisius commit, Jermaine Crumpton. Godspower Ogide also had some nice moments off the bench.

Anyway, Canisius actually looks decent this year. Coach/son combo Jim and Billy Baron are looking like very nice additions and the team has already matched their win total from last year.

Buffalo looks much worse, but if McCrea can pitch in another big game before the upcoming break, then I'll still be on the hook for conference play. He'll have no problem settling in as the dominant forward in place of Mitchell Watt, we just need some consistency to form around him.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Goddamnit njx, I roll over in bed just wanting to watch a half decent basketball game and your boys are losing by a hundred, like a minute in.
Turn to BTN. Loyola is tied with Michigan State.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I don't get BTN.

:(
Old 12-08-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Don't you live in Duluth?

Old 12-08-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thinking Colorado is a half decent team...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Don't you live in Duluth?
Yeah, I'm almost positive I'm supposed to get it but every time we try to hook up our cable box we just get static. One of these days I'll call about that...
Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Thinking Colorado is a half decent team...

Andre Roberson, Askia Booker, Spencer Dinwiddie....there are plenty of teams with less talent.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Andre Roberson, Askia Booker, Spencer Dinwiddie....there are plenty of teams with less talent.
Askia Booker is not worth a mention at all, he's undersized and is a ****** shooter. Roberson is solid enough and Dinwiddle is alright, but they aren't anything special at all.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-08-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
asdfsdfasdf
Hey, if you want to pretend Askia Booker is even remotely close to good, continue to delude yourself. I do like Roberson though, so I'll stop ignoring his talents.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-08-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

So tell me, what makes Askia Booker good. Really, give me anything.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-09-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend