Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the ******* ****, Josh? Wow, what a ******* idiot. And his career was just starting to look up.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it would be nice, but the justice system is a joke in cases like these. earlier this year, a federal agent killed a kid i went to hs with after coming out of the same bar i was at, drunk. i knew both the guys, and he got four years. i'd be surprised if he got more than that.

what a ******* moron, he deserves whatever **** punishment he gets.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, another senseless death. I hate people sometimes.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
and another nfl player who apparently doesn't know how to call cabs. even after already getting a dui arrest once. i sincerely hope he gets the max 20 years in prison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
it would be nice, but the justice system is a joke in cases like these. earlier this year, a federal agent killed a kid i went to hs with after coming out of the same bar i was at, drunk. i knew both the guys, and he got four years. i'd be surprised if he got more than that.

what a ******* moron, he deserves whatever **** punishment he gets.
I don't think it solves much to have people sit in tax-paid timeout for years. That's not me saying he should still be playing football, but our justice system has a lot more wrong with it than inconsistent sentencing. Our very idea of what constitutes just punishment has gotten awfully skewed. Where did the idea that all criminals are adequately reprimanded by some interval of incarceration even come from? It's insane. It's pure police-state rhetoric.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 12-08-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
The Rams are in the playoff hunt in December. Did you hear that? That has a nice ring to it. They blew a few games too. Dominated the 49ers at home and tied. Dominated the Dolphins in Miami and lost. Out played the Lions in Detroit and lost. Laid an egg at home vs the Jets and lost in a game they should win. Could easily be 9-3 instead of 5-6-1. Fisher has them playing competitive football, something we haven't seen in many years.
Outside of being mathematically still in it their chances are slim and none.

The Rams do have a bright feature, i think, with those extra draft picks they have. They may be closer to the Superbowl than some others that seem to get all the attention.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Outside of being mathematically still in it their chances are slim and none.

The Rams do have a bright feature, i think, with those extra draft picks they have. They may be closer to the Superbowl than some others that seem to get all the attention.
With losses by Dallas, Washington and Seattle, the Rams will be given control of their own destiny for the final wild card spot.

This week:

Washington vs. Baltimore
Dallas @ Cincinnati
Seattle vs. Arizona
St. Louis @ Buffalo

I like our chances to win a road game, build more confidence, and improve our odds this week.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
With losses by Dallas, Washington and Seattle, the Rams will be given control of their own destiny for the final wild card spot.

This week:

Washington vs. Baltimore
Dallas @ Cincinnati
Seattle vs. Arizona
St. Louis @ Buffalo

I like our chances to win a road game, build more confidence, and improve our odds this week.
So you have to win out and several teams need to at least split their final 4. I like your optimism.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
the man is clearly not capable of rehabilitation. and he clearly continues to make the same poor decisions. ergo, he should be removed from society. i don't buy into jail terms as punishment, or for a lot of things they're currently given out for. but the guy is simply not fit to be a member of society.
See, I don't think he should be "removed from society;" I mean, what evidence do you have that he is "clearly not capable of rehabilitation?" I don't know his history - perhaps you do - but the man he killed was his friend. Do you not think he regrets his decision? Punishment is warranted, but let's not act like punishment is the only way he'll regret what he's done. Do you put him in a cell for twenty years, useless, consuming resources, but unhappy (the punishment aspect), or do you take his driver's license forever? Or something like that? He was lacking the judgement which would have prevented him from accidentally taking a life forever, so make his punishment such that he can't do it again. I mean, maybe that's not severe enough if you're thinking, "A man is dead - he should be punished more than just not being able to drive," but that doesn't take into account that it was accidental and the result of poor judgment, not malicious intent, and that difference is important. And I know this forum isn't a great place for political conversations, so I'm not going to make this a huge post, but it bothers me when people who don't know anything about a situation will use forums like these to condemn someone who they don't know, because that is precisely how our government works - we all make our opinions known about things we don't really know about and vote it into law. so when I see it happening, I feel like saying something.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post

This week:

Washington vs. Baltimore
Dallas @ Cincinnati
Seattle vs. Arizona
St. Louis @ Buffalo

So outside of it being in the hands of three other teams, it's in their own hands. Okay.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you have to win out and several teams need to at least split their final 4. I like your optimism.
Hey, optimism is a great thing to have. It's better than being eliminated from the playoffs in early October. Go Chiefs!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
how would that be disrespectful?
If the team continues running the same play over and over, they don't respect the ability of your teams defense to stop it. That's disrespectful (by literal definition), but when we say "disrespectful", we tend to mean it with a different connotation.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
See, I don't think he should be "removed from society;" I mean, what evidence do you have that he is "clearly not capable of rehabilitation?" I don't know his history - perhaps you do - but the man he killed was his friend. Do you not think he regrets his decision? Punishment is warranted, but let's not act like punishment is the only way he'll regret what he's done. Do you put him in a cell for twenty years, useless, consuming resources, but unhappy (the punishment aspect), or do you take his driver's license forever? Or something like that? He was lacking the judgement which would have prevented him from accidentally taking a life forever, so make his punishment such that he can't do it again. I mean, maybe that's not severe enough if you're thinking, "A man is dead - he should be punished more than just not being able to drive," but that doesn't take into account that it was accidental and the result of poor judgment, not malicious intent, and that difference is important. And I know this forum isn't a great place for political conversations, so I'm not going to make this a huge post, but it bothers me when people who don't know anything about a situation will use forums like these to condemn someone who they don't know, because that is precisely how our government works - we all make our opinions known about things we don't really know about and vote it into law. so when I see it happening, I feel like saying something.
Being inconsiderate is no excuse to get out of jail time. His judgment wasn't impaired before he started drinking, which is when he should have made the decision to not drive. We know enough about this situation to properly pass judgment on him. It's not even an ambiguous circumstance here.

As far as what his actual punishment should be, I think taking his license away is a little light. It does nothing to prevent him from repeating this mistake again.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have to win out and have several other teams lose once...and I think we have a reasonable schedule...so it is possible. Will it happen? Not ready to go there yet...but still possible!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
So outside of it being in the hands of three other teams, it's in their own hands. Okay.
Yeah pretty much. It sounded way more powerful in my head when I said it to myself earlier, though
Old 12-08-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnny "football" Manziel won the Heisman for college football.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Johnny "football" Manziel won the Heisman for college football.
Already being discussed in the week 14 discussion thread.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Already being discussed in the week 14 discussion thread.
You wouldn't lie to us would you?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only lie if it makes people think I'm cool. Outside of that, no I wouldn't lie to you.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I only lie if it makes people think I'm cool. Outside of that, no I wouldn't lie to you.

Quote:
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Ness, please tell your boys to take it easy on the Dolphins tomorrow. Please dont make them look like a HS team. Which I have a feeling they will. I feel sorry for the offense going up against the 49ers amazing D. Gonna be brutal.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Hey Ness, please tell your boys to take it easy on the Dolphins tomorrow. Please dont make them look like a HS team. Which I have a feeling they will. I feel sorry for the offense going up against the 49ers amazing D. Gonna be brutal.
Honestly after the Rams game I don't know how things will turn out. I'm guessing a blow out, but who knows. Things have been really uneasy ever since this quarterback situation.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2012, 06:26 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wes Welker is 8 catches away from being the only receiver in NFL history with 5 100+ reception seasons and had he not torn his ACL, it may very well be his 6th (all in a row as well).
Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Wes Welker is 8 catches away from being the only receiver in NFL history with 5 100+ reception seasons and had he not torn his ACL, it may very well be his 6th (all in a row as well).
Put him into the hof
Old 12-09-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
G.O.A.T. !!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the team continues running the same play over and over, they don't respect the ability of your teams defense to stop it. That's disrespectful (by literal definition), but when we say "disrespectful", we tend to mean it with a different connotation.
Which is weird because I feel like the ability to execute a play without being stopped is one of the components of playing offense, but I could be wrong.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote