Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-26-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

and since no one has even ventured a guess as to my Viking trivia....I'll give you a hint.

The original question was...."We had another "young, athletic, strong armed QB" considered a "project" from a DI-AA school Does someone want to take a guess as to whom that was ??"

My HINT is...he was a 2000 6th round draft pick that the Vikings TRADED for. (and unlike jackson no team bothered reaching for him. He went exactly where he was projected)

Last edited by Severe Punishment : 03-26-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
and since no one has even ventured a guess as to my Viking trivia....I'll give you a hint.

The original question was...."We had another "young, athletic, strong armed QB" considered a "project" from a DI-AA school Does someone want to take a guess as to whom that was ??"

My HINT is...he was a 2000 6th round draft pick that the Vikings TRADED for. (and unlike jackson no team bothered reaching for him. He went exactly where he was projected)
It better not be Spergon Wynn.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

We have a winner !

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyiGSfQhG4QUBYyqjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12in956n7/EXP=1175047954/**http%3A//images.nfl.com/images/2001/KGBFlaniganWynn1H_123001.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Severe Punishment : 03-27-2007 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Pic won't show up.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9iby54NfghGo_AAk2mjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12so78dpe/EXP=1175048077/**http%3A//cache.viewimages.com/xt/72867196.jpg%3Fv=1%26g=editorial_na%26s=1[/IMG]
It looks wayyyyy to familiar.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

omg not spergyn wynn!!

okay how about we....

never take another SC WR ever again, i mean we took one before and he hasnt turned out yet...so lets stay away from rice

we should use our 7th overall pick on a michigan QB!!! i mean Tom Brady went to Michigan so EVERY QB out of Michigan HAS to be great!

sometimes severe you sound like a 10 year old mentally disabled child, really you need to learn when to shut you stupid trap
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

At this point
Jackson = Wynn.

Please offer up something than blind optimism to support otherwise.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And FYI having a sig with Quinn, having his HEISMAN video link, and a link to his biography doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Jackson is a bad project. Was a monumental reach where he was taken and a colossal mistake to put as the starting QB of this team.
Those things didnt really bother me until you uttered 'cant miss QB' somewhere, I just had to take a step back and wonder for a second. Were the rumours untrue someone was ready to pull the trigger on Jackson early in the 3rd so we (still reached) but went earlier?? I honestly cant remember.

Anyway, my point was if you're referring to someone as 'cant miss' then this could possibly effect other aspects of your arguments, including those towards Jackson. I mean if you got someone that will be great no matter what the other guy surely wont match up. I'd rather not take a lead from that school of thought tis all...
Old 03-27-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

And at this point I've already stated that Jackson is garbage. I'd love for someone to offer something other than "he has a strong arm" as a defense for why they feel that it's a certainty that Jackson "will be good'.

All I see is homerism and blind faith into a guy who right now is no better, no worse than Spurgeon Wynn.

Brady Quinn will statistically be better than Jackson over the next 10 years. It's inevitable.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All I see is homerism and blind faith into a guy who right now is no better, no worse than Spurgeon Wynn.

You're failing to see the difference between a can't miss franchise QB and a guy who many see as a big arm

this point I've already stated that Jackson is garbage

Brady Quinn will statistically be better than Jackson over the next 10 years. It's inevitable.
I have yet to decide whether or not we should take BQ or not because a. it doesnt matter in the slightest what I think and b. point a really stops me caring that much.

Coming from a guy sitting on the fence, the above statements may show more 'blind homerism' coming from you than the people you accuse (who im not sure). And I would feel irresponsible for taking any of it as fact.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

severe, your posts dont even warrant a response any more

you are a complete idiot that obviously lacks any clue as to what he is talking about and is blind by some sort of personal man love for brady quinn and quite possibly some sort of internal hatred towards any sort of none-white folk

you are an idiot, sir, and lack all sorts of credibility, thanks for babbling and wasting my time
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might have to agree with the people that get sick of the man love with Quinn. Yes he is a good QB and a great Prospect but you dont trade up to get Jackson before he goes to the texans then sit the next year and take Quinn, thats just saying your wrong and Childress wont do it. Jackson is our QB for now and accept it. I know its your opinion about how much Quinn is better than Jackson but its not like you even care what we say, You know all so your right. I dont feel that you can Judge someone off 2 Starting games. Lambeau is probably the hardest place to start your career and with out any help in the passing game 50 yrds might be good. If Tarvaris Jackson does horrible this year and he starts all 16 games than Ill say make him a back up and get a FA or Brohm. You just dont draft. Tarvaris Jackson is the Future for us at the moment. We all know Quinn is a great prospect but we would be taking a step back which is pointless. If Quinn came and play with our WR right now he would be the same as Jackson. Yes he would be a face to this franchise but with No receiving help, were going no where.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

You can make all the excuses for him that you want.
He played in the Jets game too.
he showed NO improvement from game to game.
He doesn't go through his progressions quick, he's to short, he plays
timid / scared. He has 3 games against premeir competition under "game
situations" He's about 3 years behind any College QB whose played at a
top level talent whose played against top tier competition.
I don't agree that Childress is "to brash" to take a QB 2 years in a row...if he finds a guy he likes, with superior skill then not only should he but it's my gut instinct that he would. That in fact is what the draft is all about...improvements in skill over what you currently have.
Drafting Brohm (at least right now) means you finish with one of the 3 worst records.......not that it's impossible, but, if you're already forcasting what's more probably (failure over success) then why on earth would you gamble with the "maybe" both on a prospect AND draft position later when there's a sure thing , staring at you in the face.

My "worst case scenario" is that Jackson starts, sucks for 8 games Childress is so stubborn that he doesn't take him out...frustration leads to injuries...and Bollinger is seen as "the answer"...with wishes for the next draft.

Last edited by Severe Punishment : 03-27-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to have David Carr on the team. *Short message and to the point*
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am so tired of the Jackson arguement seems every other week we are in here arguing about it... Quinn is elite talent and we have no clue about T-Jack thats why it would be fine to take him and if T-Jack Becomes a good starting QB ship Quinn off for at the least two first rounders... With that said all this harsh judgement of T-Jack needs to stop you hate him because we "Reached" for him but how do we know it was such a hugeeeee reach?? i mean really how do you know that he would go in the 4th? just because Kiper or some other Analyst has him going there?? they arent always right they dont know if some team falls in love with him and has him higher on there board Childress traded up to get him because he was afraid another team would take T-jack by the time we chose agiain... And this crap about saying he is horrible because he played a few games this season and showed nooooo improvment is just ludacris listen to yourself come on severe his first three gamesssssss i wouldnt expect him to show much improvement i feel it ridcoulous to say anything about T-Jack period Good or Bad because the fact remains WE DONT KNOW he hasnt had enough starts for us to know what he is going to be yet.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer
I'd like to have David Carr on the team. *Short message and to the point*
I would too but i believe childress has already stated that he isnt interested in Carr
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Purple N Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I would too but i believe childress has already stated that he isnt interested in Carr
I wouldn't mind Carr either. He's shown flashes of capability in Houston, but it's hard to progress when you have that Texans line.

But yea unfortunately Carr's probably played too much for Childress to have any interest. According to his philosophy he's probably looking at Marques Tuiasasopo or oooo maybe Eagle Koy Detmer.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Best bet right now is that he ends up in Seattle.
I expect Trent Green to be wearing Cleveland Brown in the next 14 days or so.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Quote:
We had another "young, athletic, strong armed QB" considered a project from a DI-AA school Anyone wanna take a guess as to whom that was.

And FYI having a sig with Quinn, having his HEISMAN video link, and a link to his biography doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Jackson is a bad project. Was a monumental reach where he was taken and a colossal mistake to put as the starting QB of this team.
The guy we traded for Ryan Cook?
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
The guy we traded for Ryan Cook?
The answer was Spyrgeon Wynn (sp)
btw, what did those 2 deals turn into ? Jackson and Cook
Old 04-19-2007, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Hopefully the firing of rick speilman and childress
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote