Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-03-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
It was pretty spectacular. Loved what he said about America being terrorists.
Must resist. 'Merica.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grantland and LA Times trashed the episode... no idea. It was extremely intense.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:57 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care what any review says, that was a great episode. Just such intense tv non stop with this show.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I think my favourite part of the episode was when Nazir asked Brody to get the number off of the pacemaker machine and told him where he could find it and Brody was like "How the **** do you know this?"
lol, that was funny. and then Nazir said, "I read it in the New York Times", which the writers have said is actually where they read that the pacemaker deal was a possibility.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't believe anything after the raid happened. Nazir is going to perfectly time a kidnapping of a CIA agent, who for some reason they don't have eyes on, Brody doesn't continue to have his phone tapped even though they know they don't have Nazir, and Blackberry goes back and forth between skype and a normal phone call like there is no issue. Also, the Vice President doesn't have a secret service officer outside their door?

Estes wants to kill Brody anyway, but doesn't have his phone tapped or anything? Also, why would they let Brody out of hiding when they know Nazir will be angry. It got way to 24-like, it wasn't good.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

every time the writing tries to make me feel sorry for Brody, my first thought is, "get bent, terrorist ****."

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
every time the writing tries to make me feel sorry for Brody, my first thought is, "get bent, terrorist ****."
Agreed. I understand he was broken and rebuilt or whatever. However, why wouldn't Brody just come back and say "Abu Nazir had me teach his child English, I grew attached and then the US had a drone strike on his son's school."

I hope Brody's daughter commits suicide next week. I just don't care about her character. How do you not know that the Vice President was going to pay them off. Are you insane? Cheesiest quote of all time: When that woman died, so did our feelings. or whatever that ******** was. The more I think about the episode the more I just feel like I'm going to stop watching.

Last edited by dabears10 : 12-04-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Her stupid quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're gonna stop watching Homeland over something as insignificant as the dialogue between Dana and Finn, then i don't know what to tell you, lol. A lot of aspects of the show have to be suspended from reality for dramatization. It isn't perfect, but it's far and away some of the best work on TV.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that episode was a downer, but I don't think, errr hope the rest of the season turns into that.

That last episode, I think the show got confused. between a dialogue show and 24, shoot-em up show.

I like the dialogue part of the show and wish they would just focus more on the cia and brody stuff, rather than 'ohh no daughter killed someone, ohh no wife banging best friend while kids sleep, ohh no son is complete oblivious to anything happening.'

I'm more interested in whats going to happen to Saul, and that wet work off the books stuff. When will people find out about the drone strike?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If you're gonna stop watching Homeland over something as insignificant as the dialogue between Dana and Finn, then i don't know what to tell you, lol. A lot of aspects of the show have to be suspended from reality for dramatization. It isn't perfect, but it's far and away some of the best work on TV.
I know the way I formatted it, that it looks like just because of the dialogue but that wasn't my intent.

Basically, the show has decided that reality doesn't need to be consistent in order for the show to be tense. I disagree. I could buy the world where for some reason they don't thoroughly check that a soldier is not psychologically damaged, even though he clearly is, also I can buy that even though he has no political experience and apparently no actual work as a congressman he doesn't need to work at it at all, I can even buy that some how the next Vice Presidential candidate can go unnoticed as he is wondering about town during terrorist things, but when you already laid out that the CIA has made Brody a priority and that the main target is still at large and for some reason they don't even monitor him IN CIA Custody you lose me. Also, in what world does Brody not tell the CIA? He has his one way out and he doesn't want to do it.

Play the 'Brody hates the VP' card way earlier and have him conflicted there, not right before he kills the guy. He tells Nazir that he won't do it at first. It is super uneven and I stop caring about the characters because they no longer act in a way that is consistent. It is frustrating.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brody has always hated the VP, but he never figured he'd kill him until Carrie's life was on the line. Like he said earlier, he wasn't gonna be a terrorist for Nazir, he said he'd influence laws that would help their cause. He came to grips with the fact that someone was gonna have to die, and of course he'd prefer that be Walden, the guy that authorized the drone strikes.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say Carrie makes it out of the mill unharmed. She knows what Brody did Fha lead to the VPs death, she will obviously continue to protect him and do her best to keep it under wraps right? And I don't understand who is the guy Quinn is working with that Saul met. I missed exactly what he does/did

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He runs some sort of Black Ops team or something.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotcha. I gathered the impression that he was an ex-terrorist or something and I thought this guy shouldn't really be walking the street, let alone eating waffles.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The government regularly hires mercs to do top secret special ops missions (blackwater usa, now known as Academi), so Adal is basically one of the guys in charge of those mercenaries. Estes hired Adal and Quinn to run a side mission to assassinate Brody after they captured Nazir, to keep the only guy that knew about the drone strikes dead. Since Saul figured out what Estes was trying to do, now it looks like they'll either try to wash him out of the CIA or maybe even kill him off (which wouldn't surprise me, but it would ******* suck as Saul helps make this show what it is).
Old 12-04-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Last season I thought the mole was that guy that Estes wanted to check out if Carrie was doing anything on the side. Hes been in season two for all of a minute though so I kind of doubt its him now.
I now think that Galvez is a mole or working on the side team with Quinn. He is one of two people who survived (with the other being quinn), and now he just walks back into the cia as they are trying to find Carrie. Also, as they are walking out of the building to go after Nazir, he is walking along with Estes and Quinn as Saul gets stopped and left behind. They don't just bring his character back this late in the season for no reason.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't mind the show being less "realistic" after the last episode. I've thought that it was completely unrealistic for the entire series with how completely incompetent the CIA and FBI have been and Brody just becoming a Congressman over the weekend and becoming a Vice Presidential candidate for the Presidential frontrunner a week later. Apparently only about five people are a part of and actually know about "America's number one terrorist threat" taskforce or whatever is being run and that they can basically do whatever they want and only ever have to answer to eachother without any other form of accountability. Not to mention that by all accounts Nazir's influence is ******* huge and has an absurd number of supporters, moles, spies, soldiers, etc. and ALL of their intelligence is coming from Brody besides that one plot device in Egypt in the opener of season 2. Its never been "realistic" so this past episode wasn't some monumental shift for me like it apparently has been for other people.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

caught up to the most recent episode, btw started watching thursday, next 2 episodes should be great, dont get rid of saul you bastards, and as with tv in general not really concerned with perceived realism
Old 12-05-2012, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has it been brought up this is Saul?

"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is great.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SergeantBrody

Nicholas Brody ?@SergeantBrody Does anyone want to play hearts with my stupid boring arse son Chris? #SometimesIWishThatVestDidntMalfunction
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

This show. Just wow. I really hope the finale lives up to the rest of this season but I have no doubt it will. I'm so excited for this.

Can they really kill Brody?

Old 12-09-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sick episode. I can't wait until next week.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Something will happen where they end up killing someone else or Estes gets outed. I really can't believe they'd kill off one of their two stars just two seasons into it. Saul on the other hand.. :(. I really hope they find a way to turn this around so he can survive this move by Estes.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why in the **** would Abu Nazir stay there? I can't believe that.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Why in the **** would Abu Nazir stay there? I can't believe that.
Because he knew that the only possible way he could escape is if he hid there long enough for them to think he wasn't there anymore. There was no way he'd make it out on foot after letting Carrie go.