Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-09-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Moore is an idiot if he thinks that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obligatory T24L mention.

Trade rape.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Obligatory T24L mention.

Trade rape.
Go say hi to him on DRaysBay, he'll appreciate it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's upset BJ is gone i bet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-09-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very happy for Royals. I like it.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry Royals fans

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you, Dayton Moore. WTF man?

Both teams I give a **** about are doing stupid ****.

This is so dumb on so many levels. First of which is trading away 7 years (they weren't going to bring him up until after April) of control over the Minor League Player of the Year (the track record of success for winners of the award is incredible) who plays a position that your team sucks at (in fact, you have the worst baseball player in the game starting in that spot!). You traded away your #1 pitching prospect. And if it wasn't enough that you were overpaying already, you let the Rays buy Montgomery low.

Odorizzi didn't look all that great last year, but I'd rather take my chances on him than 2 years of James Shields with not much else going on. They essentiall made James Shields (who is a #3 on most of the playoff teams from last year) their Ace by the price they paid to get him. This is not going to end well. That's the kind of guy you go after when you have 3 solid pitchers and a good offense and need one more good arm to put yourself over the hump.

Montgomery is going to flourish in Tampa's system. He and Odorizzi will be major parts in that rotation very soon. And Myers is going to be Rookie of the Year.

The Rays got 6 years of control over one of the best young outfielders in the game and two young starting pitchers with high ceilings for a #3 (#4 for them) starter.

Go to Hell, Dayton Moore. Go to Hell.

And I'm sorry I left Patrick Leonard out of my rant. I didn't think I could take anymore. But 14 home runs in 62 games of Rookie League is no joke. He's a big kid. 20 years old. I assume he'll convert to 1B by the time he gets to the Bigs in ~3 years.

4 high end prospects for a #3 starter.

Last edited by nepg : 12-10-2012 at 12:28 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Go say hi to him on DRaysBay, he'll appreciate it.
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
he's upset BJ is gone i bet.
If I wasn't on my phone, I'd go find the "Oh, You!" picture.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** Royals. I don't even...
Old 12-09-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus christ Dayton Moore is an idiot. So sorry for the Royals fans. Just awful
Old 12-09-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Well that just set up the Rays for the foreseeable future.

This is almost on the scale of the trade that sent Dan Haren to Arizona.
way more than the dbacks gave up imo, obviously CarGo & Anderson turned out great but they weren't on the same level as prospects

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rays are great at developing pitchers. Watch them fix Montgomery. Dude was highly touted not long ago and is a lefty with a big arm. Jesus christ, Royals...
Old 12-10-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Rays are great at developing pitchers. Watch them fix Montgomery. Dude was highly touted not long ago and is a lefty with a big arm. Jesus christ, Royals...
I have zero doubt that they will fix him and that Odorizzi will also get back on track. Their development got crushed by that Omaha ballpark. It's awful for developing pitchers. Especially since Arkansas is a giant park. They go from a giant pitchers park in AA to a tiny hitters park in AAA...
Old 12-10-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, it seems like just yesterday the Royals had a historically awesome farm. It didn't take Dayton long to screw that up. Poor Royals fans.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I just can't wait for when the Cubs have this guy mashing for them

VOGELBOMB the white Prince Fielder. Believe it
Old 12-10-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I'm less mad about the trade this morning, but it still doesn't project all that well.

I made a rough projection and it gets the Royals 85 wins. I used a rotation of
Shields (2012 numbers)
Santana (2012)
Guthrie (2012 with Royals only projected over 30 games)
Davis (2011)
Chen (2012)

The rotation goes 57-53. The bullpen picks up the remaining 46 decisions and goes 28-18.

They need more out of Chen. They need Santana to step up and for Guthrie to not drop of too much. If Chen can hold down that #5 until Duffy and Paulino, they might be able to sniff 90 wins.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm less mad about the trade this morning, but it still doesn't project all that well.

I made a rough projection and it gets the Royals 85 wins. I used a rotation of
Shields (2012 numbers)
Santana (2012)
Guthrie (2012 with Royals only projected over 30 games)
Davis (2011)
Chen (2012)

The rotation goes 57-53. The bullpen picks up the remaining 46 decisions and goes 28-18.

They need more out of Chen. They need Santana to step up and for Guthrie to not drop of too much. If Chen can hold down that #5 until Duffy and Paulino, they might be able to sniff 90 wins.
You should be more mad after sleeping on it. I think it's even worse than I thought drunk last night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grilli is back in Pittsburgh. I expect to see Hanrahan dealt soon.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Twins with the most Twins move ever give Kevin Correia 2 years 10 million.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Twins with the most Twins move ever give Kevin Correia 2 years 10 million.
Well, the move to get pitchers with strikeout stuff is off to a rousing start.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-10-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought they were done with this stupid pitching philosophy when they got May and Meyer. Apparently not...

Fun fact, 6 starters have a worse K/9 than Correia over the past 2 years, and 3 of them are Twins (Blackburn, Pavano, Diamond)
Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Blackburn is still on the 40 man? Well that's a treat.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would anyone give Correia a multi-year deal? That's the kind of pitcher you give a minor league deal to and hope he turns it around in AAA. You don't give him $10M. I thought I remembered Terry Ryan being a decent GM?
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Preaching to the choir, both of ya.

They made a big deal about wanting to go after starting pitching in FA, I guess it's very possible they just couldn't find anyone else who wanted to come here.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Correia's worth a major league deal, as a fifth starter or so.

RIP TheManInBlack