Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-10-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He better get the majority of touches. He has fresh legs and has game breaking speed that can really make this offense elite.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love we had him run the wheel route against the LB. get him out in space and BOOM! too bad Ramses sucks and messed it up. But it's good to see we can get creative with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked how we threw to Wilson. I would love to see him run more routes. I am not sure there are a lot of guys who can keep up with him in terms of quickness.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thinking about it and 10-6 should get us in whether it's the division or wild card. We have to go 2-1 in the last three here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching the Falcons get taken down by the Panthers. I think we have a great shot at that game. The Ravens will be tough but after losing to the Roethlisberger-less Steelers and then losing in overtime in to the RG3-less Redskins, I think we have a good shot there too... although they fired Cam Cameron which probably will make things better for them. The Eagles are terrible but they would love to cause problems for our season. If we go 2-0 we probably lose to the Eagles just because Giants since a playoff berth is probably locked up.

If we split the next two games. I am confident we curb stomp the flightless Eagles. Our season would be on the line at that point.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can keep that red zone efficiency at a high level i am confident. That's why the bengals lost. Stupid team took a page out of our book in red zone inefficiency!

4/4 in FGs

At the 7 yard like and kicked a FG
At the Dallas 15 and kicked a FG
At the Dallas 7 and kicked a FG

At the Dallas 34 and kicked a FG but that's not in the red zone.

If we keep our red zone scoring up we can do some damage. Like I said throughout the game, we have the talent and potential is there. I like the we put our foot on the gas pedal without worrying about TOP or balance or stuff like that. Play our game and keep the foot on their throat and don't take it out. When we do that we do very well. I was very, very pleased with being 4/6.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all 3 games are winnable. In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if we win these next 2 and lose to the eagles. Especially if Vick and Shady play.

I'm actually fairly impressed by our D yesterday. bend but don't break actually worked against a really high powered O. Roddy and Julio are a big test for Webster and Prince though. Should be fun.

Also, with Boley and especially Jacquain, I love how we're not the team that TE's DESTROY anymore. It's refreshing to see. Outside of Witten, we've held all the good TE's we've faced this season in check IIRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
After watching the Falcons get taken down by the Panthers. I think we have a great shot at that game. The Ravens will be tough but after losing to the Roethlisberger-less Steelers and then losing in overtime in to the RG3-less Redskins, I think we have a good shot there too... although they fired Cam Cameron which probably will make things better for them. The Eagles are terrible but they would love to cause problems for our season. If we go 2-0 we probably lose to the Eagles just because Giants since a playoff berth is probably locked up.

If we split the next two games. I am confident we curb stomp the flightless Eagles. Our season would be on the line at that point.
Agreed. None of the teams scare me but you just never know what Giants team will show up. I'm glad these 2 games are on the road.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
all 3 games are winnable. In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if we win these next 2 and lose to the eagles. Especially if Vick and Shady play.

I'm actually fairly impressed by our D yesterday. bend but don't break actually worked against a really high powered O. Roddy and Julio are a big test for Webster and Prince though. Should be fun.

Also, with Boley and especially Jacquain, I love how we're not the team that TE's DESTROY anymore. It's refreshing to see. Outside of Witten, we've held all the good TE's we've faced this season in check IIRC
Unless Foles gets hurt he's starting the rest of the year. You know the Eagles will want to send Reid out with a W in what's sure to be his last game coaching for that team.

The thing that worries me about our D is that we are so reliant on the turnover. If we don't get any TO's teams just gash us so easily.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giants/Ravens game moved to 4:25.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Unless Foles gets hurt he's starting the rest of the year. You know the Eagles will want to send Reid out with a W in what's sure to be his last game coaching for that team.

The thing that worries me about our D is that we are so reliant on the turnover. If we don't get any TO's teams just gash us so easily.
This is almost all Cover 2 defenses. We live and die by the turnover.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

And pass rush as a def. philosophy.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Williams being back is so huge.

I hope Prince is healthy for the Falcons game. We need him against White and Jones.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets calm down guys. That was an anemic defense we went against. And we had great field position all game.

Having that said, how typical is it, we can beat the Packers and Saints of the world then lay an egg vs the Redskins.

Gotta finish the season strong. Washington has a very easy schedule. I expect Dallas to falter towards the end but Washington is dangerous. That's why that loss hurt so much.

Also, David Wilson. That's why I liked the pick. Didn't love it. But liked it. He showed us why yesterday.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I said the same thing last night BBD. It's hard to tell where we are offensively against as crappy a D as I've seen in a long time.

I've been pretty even keeled with this team all year though so I'm not super high from the game last night just as I wasn't super upset with the Redskins loss.

It was a killer that both teams won with FG's after being down most of the game. If Griffin is hurt I don't see how they take the division though.

We just need to get to 10 wins and we should have a playoff spot locked up this year at that number. It's going to be tough but these are the games Eli and the D live for.

I'm glad Wilson did what he had to do. I don't know if he's ever going to be a RB that can get 25 carries a game for a full season though and I do think he's a tough runner and not only a speedy guy. If he loses his acceleration over time because the hits add up then he's not the same player we need him to be.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game out of the last 3 that scares me the most is ironically the Philly game. It will be Fat Andy's final game as coach of the Eagles. And they get to spoil our playoff chances, the team that has given Reid the most fits during his time there in Philly.

You know they want to get him a W on his way out. And let's face it, they own us. That's the game that scares me the most.

I do think we have a good chance to get to 10 though. Baltimore has a sick home game record though. They look like a beatable team but it all depends on what Giants team shows up.

I'm still concerned about our offense. And our pass rush just isn't there this year.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The game out of the last 3 that scares me the most is ironically the Philly game. It will be Fat Andy's final game as coach of the Eagles. And they get to spoil our playoff chances, the team that has given Reid the most fits during his time there in Philly.

You know they want to get him a W on his way out. And let's face it, they own us. That's the game that scares me the most.

I do think we have a good chance to get to 10 though. Baltimore has a sick home game record though. They look like a beatable team but it all depends on what Giants team shows up.

I'm still concerned about our offense. And our pass rush just isn't there this year.
Yup I said the same thing earlier about the Eagles. The Falcons and Ravens both have amazing home records over the past few years but we live for that ****. 2-1 is what we need.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think 2-1 is realistic. 3-0 is probably not gonna happen.

I will say this. If we win this week, I'm almost positive we lose next week. Bc the Giants are just that team. Why play hard when all we have to do is beat the Eagles next week right? Let's take this week off.

That's just the Giant way.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

And Justin Tuck's diminished ass is gonna lead the oh well we'll just get em next week charge.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Tuck had a good first half even though it didn't result in a sack for himself. I still think he's pretty done but I'm not going to get on him. I think he really steps up when it matters now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I just don't see it anymore. He can't set the edge anymore, he has no speed or burst, and even his bullrush isn't what it used to be. He's just a guy now. JPP and Osi are our best DEs.

We need Canty to get back to 2011 Canty too.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I just don't see it anymore. He can't set the edge anymore, he has no speed or burst, and even his bullrush isn't what it used to be. He's just a guy now. JPP and Osi are our best DEs.

We need Canty to get back to 2011 Canty too.
Injuries have killed him but re-watch the first half. He got a really good push on a good amount of plays. It's the best I've seen from him in a few games so I'm a little encouraged but he's still probably our 4th best DE now. Kiwi is ahead of him also. I think he starts to regain his form though as he did last year at this time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I said the same thing last night BBD. It's hard to tell where we are offensively against as crappy a D as I've seen in a long time.

I've been pretty even keeled with this team all year though so I'm not super high from the game last night just as I wasn't super upset with the Redskins loss.

It was a killer that both teams won with FG's after being down most of the game. If Griffin is hurt I don't see how they take the division though.

We just need to get to 10 wins and we should have a playoff spot locked up this year at that number. It's going to be tough but these are the games Eli and the D live for.

I'm glad Wilson did what he had to do. I don't know if he's ever going to be a RB that can get 25 carries a game for a full season though and I do think he's a tough runner and not only a speedy guy. If he loses his acceleration over time because the hits add up then he's not the same player we need him to be.
That's pretty much every RB these days though. Almost no back gets 25 carries a game, outside the Adrian Peterson's of the world. And if any RB loses their acceleration they are going to not be the same guy. Even slow backs like Brandon Jacobs.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Shelf life of a RB is 4 years to me anyway. I don't mind running RBs into the ground in their rookie contracts, as selfish as that sounds.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well when they are first round picks they need to be more than 4 year guys. Unless you have an elite back that's the way you do it BBD.

49'ers have released Jacobs it looks like. I bet he's back with us by the end of the week.

sig by BoneKrusher