Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So why dont we just go ahead and make the consumption of alcohol illegal again then. It would prevent all said DUIs.
trust me, you know of all people i'm not advocating that. I don't have a really good solution to stop DUI's. Hell, make people take a breathalyzer before they leave the bar and if it's too high, make them call a cab or some ****. One DUI is all it takes to kill someone (or multiple people). Stop it at the beginning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Scotty's approach. We far too often focus on cutting the supply side of things (i.e., this would be stopping them from drinking or taking punitive actions) as opposed to addressing the demand side.

Talk with players, find out why they are doing this, show the tragedies and effects from drinking an driving. Educate them.

However, with drinking and driving it is a tough subject for most, including myself. It's tough because, hey if you drink and drive and wrap your car around a tree and die then fine. That's your own stupid fault. The problem is when people who have nothing to do with drinking get killed in the process. That's why drinking and driving pisses me off and if any of my friends ever did it I'd punch them in the throat.

That said, you can't punish everyone for the stupidity of a few.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Cameron was fired, that seemed long overdue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
billybeejr
Rookie

billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only person that thinks AD coming back to dominate like this is the most athletically impressive thing I have ever seen? Holy **** 1600 yards after tearing his acl last year, after all of his injury history? AD is like bo jackson or michael jordan or some **** from the older generations. How is this not an all time big deal?
billybeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

because he plays for the vikings.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs have two wins, against the Saints and Panthers.

The Falcons have two losses, from the Saints and Panthers.

NFLDC logic dictates that only one truth can be gleaned from this: The Chiefs are better than the Falcons.

LOGIC'D.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I agree with Scotty
Its a Christmas miracle!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Chiefs have two wins, against the Saints and Panthers.

The Falcons have two losses, from the Saints and Panthers.

NFLDC logic dictates that only one truth can be gleaned from this: The Chiefs are better than the Falcons.

LOGIC'D.
This is why the Chiefs will win nextSunday and vault the Raiders to the #1 pick.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
This is why the Chiefs will win nextSunday and vault the Raiders to the #1 pick.
You know I love you dude, but yous cray.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks VS 49ers moved to Sunday Night
Old 12-10-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You know I love you dude, but yous cray.
Since the Raiders beat the Chiefs 26-16, they have failed to hold any opponent below 20 points. They are giving up an average of 35.8 points per game.

You are probably right, but I have absolutely no confidence in the Raiders to do anything other than give up a record breaking amount of yards to Jamaal Charles and I know Brady Quinn will scramble for plenty himself. This team just has no gap discipline.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since the Raiders beat the Chiefs 26-16, they have failed to hold any opponent below 20 points. They are giving up an average of 35.8 points per game.

You are probably right, but I have absolutely no confidence in the Raiders to do anything other than give up a record breaking amount of yards to Jamaal Charles and I know Brady Quinn will scramble for plenty himself. This team just has no gap discipline.
Look so long as Meyers gets about 100 yards and a couple TDs then I don't care what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Look so long as Meyers gets about 100 yards and a couple TDs then I don't care what happens.
Catches? Yes. Yards? Sure. TDs? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Catches? Yes. Yards? Sure. TDs? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Hey I'm hoping for another garbage time TD in the final seconds. Don't be so pessimistic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Hey I'm hoping for another garbage time TD in the final seconds. Don't be so pessimistic!
Oh. Okay. A TD with 2 seconds to go and down by 3 scores? Yeah, I could see that. Otherwise, this offense doesn't score TDs.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Cam Cameron was fired, that seemed long overdue.
And somehow Ken Whisenhunt is still collecting a paycheck. He has to have some 5 x 8 photos of someone in an ownership capacity.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin has a grade 1 LCL sprain. Not being ruled out for this week.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
And somehow Ken Whisenhunt is still collecting a paycheck. He has to have some 5 x 8 photos of someone in an ownership capacity.
I don't get that either. Sorry but a SB run with a HOF QB doesn't even buy you this much slack. Amazes me how nearly everyone knew Kolb was garbage but they were completely sold. I have no idea who was watching the film in the room that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't get that either. Sorry but a SB run with a HOF QB doesn't even buy you this much slack. Amazes me how nearly everyone knew Kolb was garbage but they were completely sold. I have no idea who was watching the film in the room that day.
GM makes their decisions. but i'm sure Ken has some input.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Vick to the Cards next year going to happen?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick would die in Arizona.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Wow Dez out for the year. Is this guy credible?

Quote:
Richie Whitt ‏@richiewhitt
Confirmed: #Cowboys' receiver Dez Bryant has torn ligaments in his finger and will have season-ending surgery, be placed on IR.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Schefter now reporting that a decision hasn't been made but that there is an injury.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:

The same Jamaal Charles that got 4 yards on 5 carries against the Raiders last time?

Raiders win, 52 to 13.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Jacobs no longer with 49ers.

good riddance you POS.