Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Is it time for the Cards to trade Fitzgerald?

They don't have a QB, O line is a mess and none of the RB's can stay off of IR. The reason I ask is it time to trade Fitzgerald because of his age. This is about the last year you'll get max value for him on the open market. Plus with this draft being soft with offensive skill players only can help his market value to other teams. His contract is huge and he's become the face of the franchise ( rightfully so ) but with him in that role have the Cards given him too much power? Also now his dad coming out And bashing the team. Would it be best for both involved to move on without each other? Also it would hurt any team to trade a player like Fitzgerald, but at least they wouldn't be left with nothing. Still have two young skilled kids at WR in Roberts and Floyd.

Last edited by bigbuc : 12-10-2012 at 05:26 PM.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes. I just had this conversation yesterday, Not because its best for the team, but because Fitz is a class act and an amazing talent who deserves to play for a competitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's time for the Cards to pull a Daniel Snyder and trade up in the draft for the best QB that comes out this year.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes. Not that it matters anyway, but get him out of this division.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they do, they'd have to be willing to accept something less than his actual market value as far as assets go. I don't know how much i wanna give up for a near 30 year old wr with a monstrosity of a contract. They should just trade off whatever assets they have and start from scratch. Sucks for them that there's really no clear #1 QB this year.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My memory's hazy on this but I thought the story was they asked Fitz for his advice on the QB situation and laid some options on the table and he liked Kolb the best. Who knows if that's true or not but if it is I wonder how he feels about it now, and that's probably why you shouldn't give players a say in personnel moves.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would give the most for him, best fit?

Miami?
Washington with RG3?
He'd be a great fit with AD & Percy Harvin..... but QB is too Cardinal-like.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure Christian Ponder would look like a serviceable qb if he had Fitz and a healthy Percy to go with Peterson and Rudolph. They just need to patch up the rest of that OL.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm pretty sure Christian Ponder would look like a serviceable qb if he had Fitz and a healthy Percy to go with Peterson and Rudolph. They just need to patch up the rest of that OL.
I'm afraid that you are not familiar with Christian Ponder's work.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Colts should trade for him. 3rd this year and 2nd next year
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was a playoff caliber team that needed a receiver, I'd offer a first +.

Seattle, New England come to mind.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His dad always bitches that's nothing new, I would imagine AZ asks for 1/2+ and I don't think anyone would offer it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam needs a big receiver. I think Clausen and DeAngelo is fair...
Old 12-10-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yes. I just had this conversation yesterday, Not because its best for the team, but because Fitz is a class act and an amazing talent who deserves to play for a competitor.
I don't think Arizona cares about that. Their main objective should be doing the best they can to improve their team. Business is business. Trading Fitzgerald would do just that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
His dad always bitches that's nothing new, I would imagine AZ asks for 1/2+ and I don't think anyone would offer it
I think multiple teams would be willing to negotiate if Arizona made that their price.

To me, Fitzgerald is one of the greatest receivers of all time. His potential production has just been squashed by horrible, horrible quarterbacking.

When Warner was playing well he willed his team to what would have been a Super Bowl win if Cards zone defenders knew how to get depth.

He's missed 4 games in 9 years.

In terms of receiver-specific skills, he's the best I've ever seen after Rice.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I certainly think he deserves the chance to get out of there if he wants. But considering that they're getting a new quarterback, I'm not sure I'd want him to be denied such a fantastic receiver.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Great. New England, here he comes...for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, probably, at that.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, he got extended there. They don't have to trade him. If they feel is can be part of the solution or help there in their rebuilding than keep him.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, because they'll never get back even half the value in any trade involving Fitz. Plus the Bidwills would never allow it.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens don't make many moves outside of the draft but if Fitzgerald was available I think they would go after him.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I certainly think he deserves the chance to get out of there if he wants. But considering that they're getting a new quarterback, I'm not sure I'd want him to be denied such a fantastic receiver.
I get the feeling their front office will be looking Indy's way and seeing how happy they are to have kept Reggie Wayne. Larry's been playing a long time, but he's not old by any means. He's easily got 5 more seasons in him, and that's plenty of time to bring in a new QB, establish an offensive identity and make a run. For as bad as 58-0 looks, I don't think Arizona needs to be blown up. They had 4 picks and 3 fumbles between two quarterbacks yesterday.

That is abominable. They have about the worst quarterback situation I've ever seen. This is evidence of how critical quarterback play is, not that Arizona is totally devoid of talent. Patrick Peterson lost two fumbles, too, and that's kind of flukey. You're not going to try and replace him.

Their offense needs a facelift, that's for sure, but I really think that even a competent starter could make this a .500 team pretty easily. Once you're talking about bringing a couple new bodies in to improve the offensive line, and getting those running backs healthy, this is a team that can hang with anybody. Not going to wax as hyperbolic as to call them a playoff team, but that 58-0 score can be pretty squarely attributed to the Cardinals backing Kolb up with two strong arms and little else.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely not. They'll 5 cents on the dollar for any trade they make, plus they don't owe him anything. He gets a check to play for the team, and a handsome check at that.

And rebuilding can happen quickly. They have a good defense, they just need some pieces on offense like a qb and some OLmen and they'll be fine.

If the front office didn't listen to Fitzgerald's brilliant ideas like bringing in Kolb and getting Floyd, maybe he wouldn't have his current problem.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Absolutely not. They'll 5 cents on the dollar for any trade they make, plus they don't owe him anything. He gets a check to play for the team, and a handsome check at that.

And rebuilding can happen quickly. They have a good defense, they just need some pieces on offense like a qb and some OLmen and they'll be fine.

If the front office didn't listen to Fitzgerald's brilliant ideas like bringing in Kolb and getting Floyd, maybe he wouldn't have his current problem.
Rebuilding can happen quickly but I just can't see any conceivable way they can upgrade at QB the way they'd need to to turn it around considering this draft class, allllllllll the other teams that need a QB and will be picking higher than them, and the potential veteran QBs available.

Unless Rivers became available or Kolb doesn't scare them away from Matt Flynn, who actually becomes good. Both of those scenarios are VERY unlikely.

So that means they'd waste him next year also. The idea is to develop into a Super Bowl contender and trading Fitz for a bunch of draft picks is probably the best move. It's ballsy, but it's time to rebuild rather than turning themselves into the Jets or Vikings, constantly battling for a wild card and not being good enough to do anything because they're severely outmatched talent-wise pretty much everywhere, and especially at QB, by the other teams in their division.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Rebuilding can happen quickly but I just can't see any conceivable way they can upgrade at QB the way they'd need to to turn it around considering this draft class, allllllllll the other teams that need a QB and will be picking higher than them, and the potential veteran QBs available.

Unless Rivers became available or Kolb doesn't scare them away from Matt Flynn, who actually becomes good. Both of those scenarios are VERY unlikely.

So that means they'd waste him next year also. The idea is to develop into a Super Bowl contender and trading Fitz for a bunch of draft picks is probably the best move. It's ballsy, but it's time to rebuild rather than turning themselves into the Jets or Vikings, constantly battling for a wild card and not being good enough to do anything because they're severely outmatched talent-wise pretty much everywhere, and especially at QB, by the other teams in their division.
That's the problem. They're not gonna get a lot of picks for Fitz.

Maybe a 1st and a 3rd. His market value isn't as high as ppl think. He's aging and WRs are easy to find in the draft. And he's expensive. I rather keep Fitz than get an extra 1st and 3rd. It's not worth it to me.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That's the problem. They're not gonna get a lot of picks for Fitz.

Maybe a 1st and a 3rd. His market value isn't as high as ppl think. He's aging and WRs are easy to find in the draft. And he's expensive. I rather keep Fitz than get an extra 1st and 3rd. It's not worth it to me.
I'm usually the one arguing against the perceived value of draft picks in general, but in this particular case, a 1st and a 3rd might be better for that team than Larry Fitzgerald.

I do think they could get more than a 1st and a 3rd. You have to realize, Belichick may retire soon...