Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just depends on the back, injuries, etc. I could see a back like Wilson lasting because he's so damn fast he avoids a lot of contact.

Keep in mind Wilson was only a one year starter.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Just depends on the back, injuries, etc. I could see a back like Wilson lasting because he's so damn fast he avoids a lot of contact.

Keep in mind Wilson was only a one year starter.
That's a very good point. I was more impressed with his first TD run yesterday than anything else though. He is probably pegged as a speed guy but he runs tough taking on Vilma there. It was very good to see. I hope he gets the lion share of carries. It's going to be very interesting if we bring Jacobs in now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope not. Never been a huge fan of Jacobs antics and he's garbage.

I laugh now when people were giving us a hard time because we never made Jacobs do squats and how he was going to have a great year because of their strength training.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well when they are first round picks they need to be more than 4 year guys. Unless you have an elite back that's the way you do it BBD.

49'ers have released Jacobs it looks like. I bet he's back with us by the end of the week.
4 years is a long time. Most players don't last past 4 years in this league. Especially running backs. If i can get 4 years of great play from a RB while giving him the motherload, I'll take that.

It all depends on how we use the guy really.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind bringing him back. He still excellent at blitz pick up and he has no mileage on him this year. He'd be a very tough runner for us and is better than Torain and Lumpkin. I hope he comes back.

sig by BoneKrusher
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Jacobs back too. He'll be fresh too. As long as he doesn't take too many touches away from Wilson. Although I have a bad feeling that if we do bring him back, Wilson goes back into the abyss.
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
4 years is a long time. Most players don't last past 4 years in this league. Especially running backs. If i can get 4 years of great play from a RB while giving him the motherload, I'll take that.

It all depends on how we use the guy really.
If you get a great 4 years from a 1st round RB you're re-signing him though. Very doubtful a GM would let a 1st round elite RB walk.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope not. Never been a huge fan of Jacobs antics and he's garbage.

I laugh now when people were giving us a hard time because we never made Jacobs do squats and how he was going to have a great year because of their strength training.
I never been a fan of him either. You'd think he'd learn at 30 years old to shut his trap and realize he signed onto a team with a situation like that.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He's a good leader in the clubhouse also. I don't see any downside to him coming back especially if Bradshaw injury keeps him out for a few games.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I love Jacobs. Every team needs an ignorant moron who fires everyone up. Jacobs was that guy for us.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well there goes that. He was suspended for the remainder of the season not released. I figured they'd do that instead of letting him come back to NY.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-10-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD, lol. Haha
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno bout you guys but I'm ready to push the panic button now...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I dunno bout you guys but I'm ready to push the panic button now...
This smartass comment is probably for me and NYG, since we were the guys panicking the most earlier?

If so, just like you don't feel any more reason to panic when they lose like for example last week, I don't feel any less reason to have doubts about this team based on yesterdays game. The Saints special teams royally ****** them over, and their defense gave up as the game went along.

I don't feel any safer in their playoff chances than I did last week, based on yesterdays results. The Redskins and Cowboys also won, and especially the Redskins schedule is a cakewalk compared to the Giants.

Like I said earlier in the year, I hope they make the playoffs, and I think the Giants ultimately will claw their way in there. But I don't feel as good about their chances of going on a deep playoff run, and possibly winning, as I did last year.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think the tough schedule and having Dallas and Washington biting at our heels is a good thing. There is no margin for error and we have to perform, otherwise if we falter we are out. I don't think any of the remaining games will be easy.

We perform our best when our backs are against the wall, so if we do make it against tough teams then we will likely have some form going into the playoffs, where all bets are off.

I am confident we will get the job done, but if we don't we did certainly have our chances this season.

There is likely to be a bit of player turnover after the season with decisions needed for quite a few well established players.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that continually frustrates me is our inconsistency with running the ball and defensively stopping the run.

Coughlin has continually preached these as our team's priorities but as far as im am concerned are average at best. We have flashed at times, but really don't haven't established any dominance in the ground game.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The truth is, the 2012 Giants aren't as talented as the 2011 Giants. That's the cold hard truth.

My expectations for this season was make the playoffs and win a playoff game. I think that's still achievable. Anything beyond that is gravy.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The truth is, the 2012 Giants aren't as talented as the 2011 Giants. That's the cold hard truth.

My expectations for this season was make the playoffs and win a playoff game. I think that's still achievable. Anything beyond that is gravy.
I agree with this. However, the NFC looks really weak. The Falcons are a flawed team, we have laid the smack down on the Packers twice now can we do it again? the Bears could be a good match-up but we match-up really well with that team their o-line sucks and Cutler is due for turnovers which our defense has knack at creating, the Seahawks will be without their two best players, and if we play the 49ers again we are bound to lose sometime but we haven proven we can beat them as well.

If we get into the playoffs I really like our chances. We can compete with anyone in the NFC. I cross my fingers for an almighty Manning Bowl though the chances are slim.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The Giants can beat any team anywhere anytime. They can also lose to any team anywhere anytime.

I think realistically, I see an offense that hasn't replaced Mario Manningham, has a Hakeem Nicks that will not be healthy all season, and a RT that keeps getting beat like a drum in Diehl.

On defense, I see a pass rush who's best player is having a down year (JPP), a washed up Justin Tuck who isn't half the player he used to be, and an injured Canty who is still getting his legs back. And a secondary that's banged up with Kenny, and isn't as strong at CB as it was last year.

And as a unit relies way too heavily on turnovers and has become a very basic vanilla Cover 2 defense that makes me puke.

This team just isn't as good as last year.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:27 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I actually think the tough schedule and having Dallas and Washington biting at our heels is a good thing. There is no margin for error and we have to perform, otherwise if we falter we are out. I don't think any of the remaining games will be easy.

We perform our best when our backs are against the wall, so if we do make it against tough teams then we will likely have some form going into the playoffs, where all bets are off.

I am confident we will get the job done, but if we don't we did certainly have our chances this season.

There is likely to be a bit of player turnover after the season with decisions needed for quite a few well established players.
Ed Zachary.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-11-2012, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Giants can beat any team anywhere anytime. They can also lose to any team anywhere anytime.

I think realistically, I see an offense that hasn't replaced Mario Manningham, has a Hakeem Nicks that will not be healthy all season, and a RT that keeps getting beat like a drum in Diehl.

On defense, I see a pass rush who's best player is having a down year (JPP), a washed up Justin Tuck who isn't half the player he used to be, and an injured Canty who is still getting his legs back. And a secondary that's banged up with Kenny, and isn't as strong at CB as it was last year.

And as a unit relies way too heavily on turnovers and has become a very basic vanilla Cover 2 defense that makes me puke.

This team just isn't as good as last year.
I dunno, Web's taken a clear step back, but Prince has drastically improved the secondary, now having some safeties other than Rolle n Kenny to go with 3 safeties, I think our secondary is better than it was last year. The Pass rush's not as good and we do still miss Mario, but the OL is actually better than it was last year, as is our running game, JPP and co can still take over games despite the down year and with Eli, Cruz and Nicks if he ever gets fully healthy, the offense is just as dangerous as last year. Overall I don't think we're significantly worse when playing well, now I still don't expect us to repeat, but we're certainly well positioned to do so. Especially with the NFC being weaker this year.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I dunno, Web's taken a clear step back, but Prince has drastically improved the secondary, now having some safeties other than Rolle n Kenny to go with 3 safeties, I think our secondary is better than it was last year. The Pass rush's not as good and we do still miss Mario, but the OL is actually better than it was last year, as is our running game, JPP and co can still take over games despite the down year and with Eli, Cruz and Nicks if he ever gets fully healthy, the offense is just as dangerous as last year. Overall I don't think we're significantly worse when playing well, now I still don't expect us to repeat, but we're certainly well positioned to do so. Especially with the NFC being weaker this year.
The back end of the secondary is worse because CWeb used to be a guy who can lock down 1 guy with no help. As well as Prince has played this year, and he's been great, he's not been on the opposition's #1 WR, and he doesn't play with no safety help often.

Also Kenny has been hurt, which hurts our ability to defend deep. And while Stevie Brown makes a lot of INTs which looks great on TV, he also messes up a lot of assignments which leads to big gains. He's a hit or miss guy, we just don't recognize that bc we only see the hits and not the misses on TV.

Our DTs are considerably worse this year than last year mainly bc Canty just isn't ready yet. We have no depth at DT and with Canty not playing well right now the middle of our defense is not stout.

Offensively, we absolutely are not as good as last year. Yes our run game has improved, but our pass game which is our bread and butter is not even close to last year. Cruz is being taken out of games bc Nicks is not 100% and can be left 1 on 1. And we don't have that 3rd WR threat who can take pressure off of that 1,2 punch.

We're still a good team. Just not as good as last year.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Our point differential is massively better this year than last. Some of that is because the NFC is a bit down but it's hard for me to say this REGULAR SEASON team is worse than last year's. We've looked much better this year as a group even if the specific talent isn't performing as well as last. We've blown more teams out this year and our big wins have been more impressive compared to last.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-11-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We've had less coverage breakdowns this year vs last year, which is why our point differential is higher.

Yet last year, when we cleaned up our coverage communication, the overall performance of the defense was considerably higher than the current unit's production. Which is worrisome.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't agree with that. I'm pretty sure we've given up more big plays this year than last.

sig by BoneKrusher