Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's your MVP entering Sunday week 12
P Manning 28 50.00%
A Rodgers 4 7.14%
T Brady 12 21.43%
R Griffin 1 1.79%
D Brees 3 5.36%
M Ryan 2 3.57%
A Peterson 4 7.14%
A Foster 0 0%
M Lynch 1 1.79%
Other: Who? 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because Peyton missed a season when many of us thought his career was over.
He then signed with a team that was anointed by the Holy Ghost last season with improbable last minute wins and a miracle victory against the Steelers in the playoffs and has turned Denver into one of the odds on favorites to win the AFC.

I do think fans take for granted what Brady does on the football field year after year because they've become numb to his consistency, but it's still hard to argue any QB has had a greater impact on his team's performance this year than Peyton.

Also Peyton isn't playing for one of the top 5 HCs in NFL history. For the most part Manning is the OC in Denver.

For Peyton not only to revive his career as a Bronco but to play at an All Pro level, it's hard not to give him the MVP.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
because aaron rodgers is ******* terrible. love the statzzz, totally not trying to lead people at all. really love the excuses for your record.
Hey the litigation habit comes out sometimes.... but those stats are 100% authentic like em or not.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's obviously Colin Kaepernick.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can somebody edit this poll and let me vote for Arian Foster. Feel bad for him being the only guy to get a goose egg on this list
Old 12-01-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id go with rodgers because of the amount of injuries the packers have dealt with. Also, I have a lot of respect for the way he handled getting screwed out of a win by the refs. he spoke his mind but then got the team to put it behind them and move on with the season. his top target, jennings, has been hurt all year, and the run game has been nonexistent.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
I'd go with rodgers because of the amount of injuries the Packers have dealt with. Also, I have a lot of respect for the way he handled getting screwed out of a win by the refs. he spoke his mind but then got the team to put it behind them and move on with the season. his top target, jennings, has been hurt all year, and the run game has been nonexistent.
I wish you had an official vote, LOL.

Still a quarter of the season to go and a lot will happen.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
can somebody edit this poll and let me vote for Arian Foster. Feel bad for him being the only guy to get a goose egg on this list
Love the compassion!
But can't vote for him, any RB, ahead of Adrian Peterson.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Andrew Luck..just kidding...but seriously. If he had less interceptions I think he would deserve more serious contention. Completely turned team around, will likely shatter newtons rookie passing yardage record and had many clutch moments.
5th game winning drive this season. Needs to cutdown on turnovers still

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:28 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After this weekend Manning has probably gone ahead of Brady in most people's eyes and has a soft schedule to pad his resumé the rest of the way with Oakland, Cleveland and KC still to come. However if Brady can play well against both Houston and SF that may go down better in people's minds than Manning shredding ****** teams.

This year has been ridiculous. Manning will probably win the MVP but get pipped out of comeback player of the year and offensive player of the year by Adrian Peterson

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:43 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
id go with rodgers because of the amount of injuries the packers have dealt with. Also, I have a lot of respect for the way he handled getting screwed out of a win by the refs. he spoke his mind but then got the team to put it behind them and move on with the season. his top target, jennings, has been hurt all year, and the run game has been nonexistent.
Injuries are the easiest excuse to make for anyone, but it's the NFL - all teams have injuries. The Giants have had injuries, the Patriots have had injuries, the Ravens have had injuries, the Steelers have had injuries etc. This isn't just some curse that only affects the Packers. In fact, and not to get into a my dick's bigger than you dick argument, but I would say the Patriots have had more important injuries than the Packers. But you just have to get on with it because it's going to happen pretty much every year

Old 12-07-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Texans @ Patriots Sunday..... who you got?

Still have Denver #1 if one of them whips the other?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

OK, they are talking about this again now, every Monday, and now Tuesday after Brady carved up the overrated Texans......

I tip my hate to these 4, who originally voted for Adrian Peterson: Caulibflower, OSUGiants17, princefielder28, stillma7ic

Now I think there are 3 guys who are in a dead-heat.
Peterson, Manning & Brady.

The next tier IMO is Rodgers & RG3. Rodgers stats are right there with Brady & Manning, and RG3 pass rating is also 104.

My ballot:
1- Peterson (the reason I give the edge to him is he has separated himself from the next-best RB, hands-down. But at QB, there are cases to be made for Manning, or Brady, or Rodgers, or Griffin.)

2- Brady.... the reason above Manning, well, just the TD-Int ratio (29 TD/4 Int)

3- Manning (30/10)

4- Rodgers (29/8)

5- Griffin (18/4) + 748 yards rushing, 6 TD's

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-11-2012 at 08:22 AM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
OK, they are talking about this again now, every Monday, and now Tuesday after Brady carved up the overrated Texans......

I tip my hate to these 4, who originally voted for Adrian Peterson: Caulibflower, OSUGiants17, princefielder28, stillma7ic

Now I think there are 3 guys who are in a dead-heat.
Peterson, Manning & Brady.

The next tier IMO is Rodgers & RG3. Rodgers stats are right there with Brady & Manning, and RG3 pass rating is also 104.

My ballot:
1- Peterson (the reason I give the edge to him is he has separated himself from the next-best RB, hands-down. But at QB, there are cases to be made for Manning, or Brady, or Rodgers, or Griffin.)

2- Brady.... the reason above Manning, well, just the TD-Int ratio (29 TD/4 Int)

3- Manning (30/10)

4- Rodgers (29/8)

5- Griffin (18/4) + 748 yards rushing, 6 TD's
Really shocked to see you bring Rodgers up in this thread but, no, his stats aren't right there with Brady and Manning.

He is averaging 40 yards less per game through the air than both guys. He has the same amount of TDs as Brady but double the INTs. His ypa is also less than both and he has less TDs than Manning. There are a few reasons why people may wish to put Rodgers into this discussion, but saying he has comparable stats to the other two is most definitely not one of them

Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give it to Peterson. He's not the most valuable player, but I see no reason to give the most prestigious individual award in football to a guy who had 2 other guys have identical caliber seasons to him in the same year.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im going to say AP because i think he will join the 2k club, but if manning and brady have monster last couple weeks it could tilt in their favor
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Peterson hits 2k yards and the Vikings make the playoffs I would be more than happy to see him win. Otherwise I think it's pretty much a dead heat between Brady and Manning. I think the one thing pushing Manning ahead in a lot of peoples (aka the medias) eyes is that the whole "missed a year due to neck injuries, career almost ended, replaced by a rookie only to work his way back with a new team and have them playing at a superbowl-esque level" narrative. Guys like Peter King eat that **** up, and unfortunately it's people like him that do the voting.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, we can't have Manning getting props for helping a team to yet another double digit win/high playoff seed season! Adrian Peterson has run for 100+ in 7 consecutive games, during which his team has gone 3-4! Who cares about winning? AP has pretty stats!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Yeah, we can't have Manning getting props for helping a team to yet another double digit win/high playoff seed season! Adrian Peterson has run for 100+ in 7 consecutive games, during which his team has gone 3-4! Who cares about winning? AP has pretty stats!
Ridiculous argument. Both are on winning teams.

Maybe if the Vikings were 3-10, you could make the wins argument. But I mean, Schaub and Foster are playing on the team with most winssss, give one of them the MVP!
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record, I would have voted Brady. Peyton and AD are pretty much an even second in my eyes.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes because his record is so stellar at 1-3 against teams with winning records.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I forgot that football wasn't a team sport.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait, teh Packerzzz have injuriezz?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Yes because his record is so stellar at 1-3 against teams with winning records.
The Vikings are 2-5.

The Vikings also have a loss to a team with a losing record. The Broncos don't.

Last edited by Halsey : 12-11-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I forgot that football wasn't a team sport.
It is, and a great QB is more valuable than a great RB, as evidenced by the fact that the best QBs often play for the best teams, while the best RBs very often play for bad and mediocre teams.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Really shocked to see you bring Rodgers up in this thread but, no, his stats aren't right there with Brady and Manning.

He is averaging 40 yards less per game through the air than both guys. He has the same amount of TDs as Brady but

His ypa is also less than both and he has ONE less TD than Manning.

There are a few reasons why people may wish to put Rodgers into this discussion, but saying he has comparable stats to the other two is most definitely not one of them
^ Is that serious???? ^
I put Brady & Manning ahead of Rodgers.
But you're not seriously trying to bring up yards passing as the reason Rodgers is not right there with Brady & Manning, right?

Last I checked, points (touchdowns) were what mattered most in the stat lines.
Manning has 30, Rodgers & Brady have 29.
If that's not "close" to you, what is, in your opinion? Only all 3 with 30 exactly?

Also, in case you missed it in your yardage check, Manning has thrown 45 more passes than Rodgers (more than a game's worth), and Brady has thrown 57 more passes than Rodgers has.

You think yardage is more important? Then you like Brees, Ryan, Stafford and Romo ahead of Manning & Brady right, because those are your 1-4 guys in passing yardage?

Here's the deal: A lot of QB's have great numbers, and wins, right now. Many deserving MVP cases there.
But there's only one deserving RB right now, and that's why we all should endorse Adrian Peterson right now for MVP.

And coming off the wicked ACL/MCL tear, last game last year, that's added credit to the guy.
Plus you have the indusputed fact that every single defense that faces him has no respect for Samantha Steele's boyfriend's arm, yet AD still is on the 2K pace facing defenses with their sole focus stopping him.

VOTE FOR
Old 12-11-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
^ Is that serious???? ^
I put Brady & Manning ahead of Rodgers.
But you're not seriously trying to bring up yards passing as the reason Rodgers is not right there with Brady & Manning, right?

Last I checked, points (touchdowns) were what mattered most in the stat lines.
Manning has 30, Rodgers & Brady have 29.
If that's not "close" to you, what is, in your opinion? Only all 3 with 30 exactly?

Also, in case you missed it in your yardage check, Manning has thrown 45 more passes than Rodgers (more than a game's worth), and Brady has thrown 57 more passes than Rodgers has.

You think yardage is more important? Then you like Brees, Ryan, Stafford and Romo ahead of Manning & Brady right, because those are your 1-4 guys in passing yardage?

Here's the deal: A lot of QB's have great numbers, and wins, right now. Many deserving MVP cases there.
But there's only one deserving RB right now, and that's why we all should endorse Adrian Peterson right now for MVP.

And coming off the wicked ACL/MCL tear, last game last year, that's added credit to the guy.
Plus you have the indusputed fact that every single defense that faces him has no respect for Samantha Steele's boyfriend's arm, yet AD still is on the 2K pace facing defenses with their sole focus stopping him.
Your direct quote was "Rodgers stats are right there with Brady & Manning". Sure if you want to take the yards out of the equation (pretty sure yards are stats by the way) you can say they are there with Manning's (even though his ypa is nearly 0.5 better) but they aren't on a par with Brady's. They have the same TDs but Rodgers has double the INTs. You talk about scoring points as the most important thing, well not giving your opponents extra chances are pretty much as important.

As for Peterson, I have no issues with him being considered MVP, however his recovery from his knee injury has nothing at all to do with it. You wanna bring that up give him comeback player of the year, that's what that award is for