Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
Very true, and he did go through a stretch during the middle of the season where he had totally lacked confidence.

The thing with a corner is that when they have bad moments, it's exposed in isolation, and the results are huge plays. It's harder to tell when a linebacker mis-fits vs the run or blitzes the wrong gap (and the results usually arent as devastating).
Yeah for sure. I think he is going to be really good, probably the best CB from the class. Some consistency and he'll be a pro bowler. I really can't wait until the Rams get to play the Bengals whenever that will be to see him match up with AJ again

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive seen some pretty good things from claiborne in the limited games ive seen him play in....is he that far behind janoris? i like jenkins a lot but hes kind of making a living off TD right now which would be enough to win.

just curious to what you guys think comparing the two
Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
ive seen some pretty good things from claiborne in the limited games ive seen him play in....is he that far behind janoris? i like jenkins a lot but hes kind of making a living off TD right now which would be enough to win.

just curious to what you guys think comparing the two
I think if Jenkins didn't have his off the field issues in college he would have been head and shoulders the #1 cb on the board. The guy was great against both AJ Green and Julio Jones for Florida. Claiborne I always liked but never really loved him. I think he can become a very good cb but for some reason I never but into the hype. Who becomes the better player in the NFL is up to Jenkins IMO. If he keeps his head on straight then I think it will be him, however he had his off field issues before the draft and then got suspended by the team in his rookie year - still a lot of variables in his career path right now

Old 12-05-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of the usual rookie mistakes, Mo Claiborne has been pretty damn good. Everything that was said about his quickness, hip fluidity and natural instincts was right on, pre-draft. He can stick with pretty much anyone, and has been more physical than i expected (though there was a game where he was targeted by the refs pretty bad, they called like three or four illegal touching/holding/pi's on him). His ball skills are very good, he has a knack for playing the ball right as it's coming into the WR's hands, so i love that. We haven't had that in a while. Overall, for a rookie, i'd say he's having a B+ year. Once we get some actual NFL safeties, we'll be pretty shut down at both corner spots.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Outside of the usual rookie mistakes, Mo Claiborne has been pretty damn good. Everything that was said about his quickness, hip fluidity and natural instincts was right on, pre-draft. He can stick with pretty much anyone, and has been more physical than i expected (though there was a game where he was targeted by the refs pretty bad, they called like three or four illegal touching/holding/pi's on him). His ball skills are very good, he has a knack for playing the ball right as it's coming into the WR's hands, so i love that. We haven't had that in a while. Overall, for a rookie, i'd say he's having a B+ year. Once we get some actual NFL safeties, we'll be pretty shut down at both corner spots.
Speaking of that how often has Carr moved to safety? I know he played a bit there in the Washington game but I was wondering if it is a gameplan thing or a panic decision based off the poor safety play

Old 12-11-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luke Kuechly now leads the NFL in tackles. Also, look at these stats:

(thanks to a gentleman over at r/nfl)

The closest guy to him, Mayo, needed (after MNF) probably 120+ more snaps?

Kuechly didn't move to the middle until week four. He looked awful at the OLB position and now he changed the instant he moved inside.

He's not just tackling either, he's setting the defense and making checks. He's fighting "check-wars" at the line of scrimmage with guys like Peyton and Matt Ryan.

If the Panthers draft Star Lotulelei, I'm betting Kuechly leads the NFL in tackles for the next decade.

Last edited by ShutDwn : 12-11-2012 at 10:24 AM.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even with Richardson he would thrive. Kuechly is a beast.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
Even with Richardson he would thrive. Kuechly is a beast.
That would probably be a better fit for them anyways, tbh.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 Kuechly
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Janoris hasn't even been the best CB out of this class. Casey Hayward and Stephon Gilmore have out played him.

I'm going with Bobby Wagner.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Janoris hasn't even been the best CB out of this class. Casey Hayward and Stephon Gilmore have out played him.

I'm going with Bobby Wagner.

I'm disappointed that I haven't watched Stephon Gilmore at all. I heard he asked for Fitzgerald.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brockers won't win, but he is a future pro bowler. He is such a force in the middle. He manhandles the interior o-line.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Brockers won't win, but he is a future pro bowler. He is such a force in the middle. He manhandles the interior o-line.
Pls stop now.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby Wagner's been everywhere for us this year. Leading the team in tackles and has basically been able to do a little bit of everything on one of the league's best D's. He's had a lot of key plays. He's stopped more than one 4th down conversion by himself.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Pls stop now.

You don't believe me?
Old 12-12-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah i'm gonna go with RG3 for this one.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Luke Kuechly now leads the NFL in tackles. Also, look at these stats:

(thanks to a gentleman over at r/nfl)

The closest guy to him, Mayo, needed (after MNF) probably 120+ more snaps?

Kuechly didn't move to the middle until week four. He looked awful at the OLB position and now he changed the instant he moved inside.

He's not just tackling either, he's setting the defense and making checks. He's fighting "check-wars" at the line of scrimmage with guys like Peyton and Matt Ryan.

If the Panthers draft Star Lotulelei, I'm betting Kuechly leads the NFL in tackles for the next decade.
I just remember Erik Lorig absolutely trucking Kuechly when he was still at OLB. Makes me :)

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeah i'm gonna go with RG3 for this one.
No way, Luck's caused way more turnovers. Gotta be him
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Jenoris Jenkins 4th pick 6. He has to be in the DROY discussions by now. He and Brockers have helped turned the Rams into a top 10 D.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1: Janoris Jenkins
2: Luke Kuechly
3: Casey Heyward
4: Bobby Wagner
5: Vontaaaaaaze Buuuuuurfict
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey Heyward. Game over.
tmljeh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He probably won't win it but Casey Heyward has been an absolute steal. I'm so glad to have him on our team.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
I'm disappointed that I haven't watched Stephon Gilmore at all. I heard he asked for Fitzgerald.
Yeah and played him really well. Once our dumb coaches play him in press it could be a wrap.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think either LaVonte David or Luke Keuchly should get the nod. kuechly has had to do a lot of work and it's been night and day as a defense since he took over.

David has been outstanding but he's stood out a little bit in coverage at times.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
molenguinurtle
Rookie

molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Yeah and played him really well. Once our dumb coaches play him in press it could be a wrap.
Only watched Gilmore once this year and it was when he completely erased Justin Blackmon the whole afternoon. mCame away very impressed, and definitely think he'll be one to watch in the years to come.