Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's your MVP entering Sunday week 12
P Manning 28 50.00%
A Rodgers 4 7.14%
T Brady 12 21.43%
R Griffin 1 1.79%
D Brees 3 5.36%
M Ryan 2 3.57%
A Peterson 4 7.14%
A Foster 0 0%
M Lynch 1 1.79%
Other: Who? 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
The Vikings are 2-5.

The Vikings also have a loss to a team with a losing record. The Broncos don't.
I don't really care that much either way, I just found it peculiar that you chose Manning's wins as the reason why he should be MVP, when he doesn't really have a signature win yet from this season. I'd generally prefer Manning not get the MVP award because he's already received one in his career where he kind of got it by default in a pick'em kind of scenario.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying Manning should win. I'm saying AP doesn't belong in the conversation with the top QBs for MVP. He's only being mentioned because many fans and media get bored of QBs winning it every year.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
"his stats are right there with brady/manning"
"you know, except for stats x, y and z."
"THE OTHER STATS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT MATTER. also, it should go to a running back, because he's the only good running back."

HAHA!
Another great contribution from the brain of njx9!
Keep up the great work!
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
HAHA!
Another great contribution from the brain of njx9!
Keep up the great work!
He posted basically what you said in a nutshell.

You said the stats were basically equal

I said they weren't and gave examples

You basically said those stats don't count, only the stats that back your argument count

Then said Peterson should win MVP because he's the best RB and there are a few deserving QBs.

In that case, why not JJ Watt? He's the best down lineman by far in the NFL. Why not Calvin Johnson? He's the best WR in the NFL

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is the Tebowzzzz option??? Da **** is dis..

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

How do people feel about JJ Watt winning it? It's an absurdly dominant season he's having, undoubtedly DPOY calibre. The best player (by a large margin) on one of the best teams in the league (he still managed to have a great game even last night). Without him would that Texans defense be any near as dominant, would it even be average?
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Watt is starting to slow down just a little bit. Maybe. That and the Texans defense not playing as well lately probably excludes him from winning it at this point.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

I don't know about that, he was still awesome last night. It's not his fault that Antonio Smith was getting humiliated by Mankins and the secondary was playing terrible.
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm changing my vote to Brady, because it's pretty ridiculous that he's losing by this much. He's on his way to putting up better numbers than he did a few years ago when he won the award unanimously. It's a two horse race with him and Manning at this point, with AD being about the best #3 candidate of my lifetime.

If the Vikings make the playoffs Peterson becomes the clear choice in my eyes.

Last edited by yo123 : 12-11-2012 at 02:41 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
He posted basically what you said in a nutshell.

You said the stats were basically equal

I said they weren't and gave examples

You basically said those stats don't count, only the stats that back your argument count
Wow, there you guys go again.....

Look, and I will make this as basic as I can for you, and "him".

I said the stat of TDs is the most important of all stats.
Comprende?
Now if you want to disagree, go ahead and go out on a limb and say which is. No, you won't do that because you know better.

The passer rating is an accumulation of all the passing statistics. This just in.

As with touchdowns, Brady & Rodgers tied, their passer rating is tied as well.
Clearly, the 4 Int to 8 Int is part of that overall formula that has Brady right there with Rodgers at the 104 area.

Now you can pretend that the statistical difference between those 2 are night & day, that's fine. Or between Manning with his 30-10 to Rodgers 29-8. Go ahead.

Or you can go the route of Romo, Stafford, etc. and say yards are more important. Regardless, that's what the overall passer rating does.

Again, my ballot:
  1. Peterson
  2. Brady
  3. Manning
  4. Rodgers
  5. Griffin

Let's see your ballot, tough guy njx9, or better yet, go ahead and throw some 8th grade girl insults out like you're used to doing instead of throwing some true football opinions out! Have a pair for once. Of your OWN and not someone else........ (not holding my breath)
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not saying Manning should win. I'm saying AP doesn't belong in the conversation with the top QBs for MVP. He's only being mentioned because many fans and media get bored of QBs winning it every year.
Running backs can't be valuable? We may not have a great record, but we are also subject to some of the worst quarterbacking in the league. He is literally carrying the entire team. If we make the playoffs, he is easily MVP. If we even win 2 of our last 3, I think it's easy.

I would also vote Brady over Manning this year.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But you said stats. You didn't say TDs or passer ratings, you said stats as in an accumulation of different metrics.

And TDs, while important only tell part of the story. If it's all about the TDs then why isn't Drew Brees in the conversation??? He leads the league in TDs...maybe the 18 INTs???

Every turnover decreases a team's chances of losing. So you telling me that Brady and Rodgers' stats are pretty much equal just doesn't hold water.

Brady has the edge in TD:INT ratio, yards, ypa, ypc, yards per game etc

Rodgers is equal in amount of TDs thrown

Those do not equate to being on the same level

But it's not just about stats. As a Packers' fan you kinda hope you're at least watching their games and Rodgers simply hasn't looked right a lot of the time

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to put fuel on the fire so to speak..

Adrian Peterson's only CRAZY thing about his season is that he is coming off of injury, let me explain.

His 2000 yard campaign is not nearly as impressive if you take the injury aspect out of it. OJ hit the 2000 yard mark in 14 games, Dickerson did in 15 games, CJ2K had 500 yards receiving to go with his 2000 yard rushing, Terrell Davis sat out approx. 2 whole games and still hit 2000 and 20 TD's.

Considering this the fact that he came back and is having success from a serious injury is another reason he is getting hype, but that same look at how he is playing after injury is negated because Manning's injury was far worse and is playing lights out also.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post

Adrian Peterson's only CRAZY thing about his season is that he is coming off of injury.
That's not the only crazy thing!!! Are you serious?

Peterson is averaging SIX (6.0) YARDS PER CARRY.
Arian Foster is averaging 3.9 per carry even though teams have to respect Schaub to Andre Johnson.
Ray Rice, Doug Martin, Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Alfred Johnson, Chris Johnson, are all averaging 4.something, as good as they are.

Adrian Peterson has 1600 yards rushing.
The next best has 12-something.....and 4 guys are in the 1200's....
That's a huge gap.

If you want to compare 2012 Peterson rushing numbers, than you better compare the QBs and passing numbers. As everyone should know, today's NFL is way more passing compared to the run-dominant football of the up-to-1980's when Dan Marino started to air it out more.

Team Wins?
The Vikings have 7 wins.... without him, with Christian Ponder and Toby Gerhart leading the way, the Vikings would be the Arizona Cardinals. Only without Fitzgerald.

PASSER RATING
1. Robert Griffin III, 104.2
1. Tom Brady, 104.2
3. Alex Smith, 104.1
4. Peyton Manning, 104.0
5. Aaron Rodgers, 103.7

TOUCHDOWN PASSES
1. Drew Brees 32
2. Peyton Manning 30
3. Aaron Rodgers 29
3. Tom Brady 29

Again, not a lot of separation between QB1, QB2, QB3 this year, and in fact many had Matt Ryan as #1 a month or so ago.

But Peterson is head & shoulders above all others at his position.
If a Viking-hater like myself can see this, everyone should be able to.

Of course, since the Vikings aren't an East Coast team, perhaps most of y'all haven't seen his games other than your SportsCenter highlights you see.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-11-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post

Adrian Peterson's only CRAZY thing about his season is that he is coming off of injury, let me explain.

His 2000 yard campaign is not nearly as impressive if you take the injury aspect out of it. OJ hit the 2000 yard mark in 14 games, Dickerson did in 15 games, CJ2K had 500 yards receiving to go with his 2000 yard rushing, Terrell Davis sat out approx. 2 whole games and still hit 2000 and 20 TD's.

Considering this the fact that he came back and is having success from a serious injury is another reason he is getting hype, but that same look at how he is playing after injury is negated because Manning's injury was far worse and is playing lights out also.
So you're trying to discount what Peterson might do this year by pointing out that it has been done before in the history of the NFL? Ok then, go on thinking that no one has done what Brady and Manning have done this year before...

Last edited by yo123 : 12-11-2012 at 05:04 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But Manning and Brady are having decent years by their standards!!!!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson, in the past two months, has been playing better than any RB since Barry Sanders had his 2k season. He's just playing at such a high level, it's insane. J-Mike and I are Packer fans, and we're riding his dick. That's the type of level this guy is on.

Last edited by WCH : 12-11-2012 at 05:05 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
So you're trying to discount what Peterson might do this year by pointing out that it has been done before in the history of the NFL?
Ok then, go on thinking that no one has done what Brady and Manning have done this year before...
In a nutshell, that's a pretty good synopsis.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody keeps pointing to Peterson's 7 game streak of 100+ yard games. I just want to point out again that the Vikings are 3-4 during that streak.

"but...but...that's because the Vikings QB play has dropped off!"

Which kind of backs up the point that a RB doesn't belong in the MVP conversation with the most valuable QBs.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Our record in that stretch in absolutely no way discredits how valuable he has been to this team, which if you have noticed, is still above .500.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everybody keeps pointing to Peterson's 7 game streak of 100+ yard games. I just want to point out again that the Vikings are 3-4 during that streak.

Which kind of backs up the point that a RB doesn't belong in the MVP conversation with the most valuable QBs.
Maybe they are 0-7 if Peterson wasn't playing at such a ridiculous level but that is just what ifs

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Maybe they are 0-7 if Peterson wasn't playing at such a ridiculous level but that is just what ifs
No one is going to win an MVP award when their biggest contributions come during a 3-4 stretch.

Drew Brees tore up the NFL and was relegated to an OPOY because his team didn't make the playoffs.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
No one is going to win an MVP award when their biggest contributions come during a 3-4 stretch.

Drew Brees tore up the NFL and was relegated to an OPOY because his team didn't make the playoffs.
Adrian Peterson averaging 6.0 yards per attempt...the same as Christian Ponder's yards per pass attempt

Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:

In a way, I will give you that.
It is true, today's NFL means QB's are the most valuable... look at the last decade's Super Bowl winners.... all led by QB's, not RB's.

I've always thought there should be a PLAYER OF THE YEAR instead of Most Valuable.

In the case of MVP, it would almost have to be a QB.
But Player of the Year, Peterson gets it.

Is LDT the last non-QB to lead a team to the best record and win the MVP?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
In a way, I will give you that.
It is true, today's NFL means QB's are the most valuable... look at the last decade's Super Bowl winners.... all led by QB's, not RB's.

I've always thought there should be a PLAYER OF THE YEAR instead of Most Valuable.

In the case of MVP, it would almost have to be a QB.
But Player of the Year, Peterson gets it.

Is LDT the last non-QB to lead a team to the best record and win the MVP?
Meh, player of the year would still have a lot of grey area. Duane Brown and Jake Long have both had years where they could be considered player of the year but would never get close to it. Same with defensive players.