Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Scotty, you don't have to say it, it's implied with your 2nd most attempts=more Turnovers point. Goodness
Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Scotty, you don't have to say it, it's implied with your 2nd most attempts=more Turnovers point. Goodness
what.

It's obvious that having more pass attempts is going to lead to more turnovers. I NEVER said that made him more efficient than RG3. I'm pointing out stats. I'm not taking a ******* side.

the flip side is RG3's 18 TD's on less pass attempts.

BUT EVERYONE IS AGAINST RG3 HERPDERPDERP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sometimes they do, I completely agree but also Stats can skew reality when someone wants them to. In this case they paint a very accurate picture.

And if you don't think that RG3 being far more efficient than Luck and a better running threat doesn't lighten his passing attempt totals then you have more to learn than I do.
So stats can be manipulated to make a certain point by some people, but when you use stats it is done in a perfectly fair way? Let me also remind you that you are a Redskins homer and most of the people arguing with you aren't Colts homers or Redskins haters? Likely story Mr

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
Old 12-11-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Yeah I mosread your post my bad im driving.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

blow this thread UP
Old 12-11-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
So stats can be manipulated to make a certain point by some people, but when you use stats it is done in a perfectly fair way? Let me also remind you that you are a Redskins homer and most of the people arguing with you aren't Colts homers or Redskins haters? Likely story Mr
No they are draft homers and Luck is the ultimate QB prospect.

And when did I ever say that I utilize them in a perfect way? I just refute some of the context people try to apply to them.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

I think this post needs more love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xooberon View Post
Just to get this thread back on track, here is how RGIII and Luck (and Wilson) are stacking up metric wise (this is obviously just raw data and has to be properly contextualized):

Drop % (% of pass att that are dropped): RGIII - 8.5, Luck - 7.3, Wilson - 5.5

Accuracy % (what completion% would look like when drops, spikes, throw aways etc aren't factored in): RGIII - 79.7, Wilson - 75.1, Luck - 67.1

YIA% (% of yards that come before the catch): Luck - 64.0, Wilson - 62.9, RGIII - 53.6

Deep Passing Acc % (completion % (including drops) of balls thrown for 20 yards or more): RGIII - 51.6, Wilson - 46.4, Luck - 41.8 [Important to note that RGIII attempts deep throws about half as much as Wilson and Luck]

Pressure % (% of dropbacks under pressure): Wilson - 39.0, Luck - 38.1, RGIII - 36.3

Completion % Under Pressure: RGIII - 59.2, Wilson - 44.2, Luck - 41.7

Accuracy % Under Pressure: RGIII - 78.2, Wilson - 63.9, Luck - 54.5

Source: PFF
Old 12-11-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
jsagan is the funniest person here.

or saddest.

if he's a doctoral candidate, I fear for our education system.

Despite people giving valid arguments against him, he ignores them, calls everyone else idiots, belittles everyone who disagrees with him and continues to babble on.

classic internet.
Pretty much this. Ive asked him to elaborate several times on his arguments about new players and coaches have made that big of an impact on the Colts turn around thats on par with Luck and he still has yet to amswer or even touch any of cudders usual awesome posts. And then blames all his grammar mistakes on his phone. Im on a phone too "tard"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
RG3 IS ******* UNREAL. he is. I love RG3. He's a ridiculous talent who I'm terrified to face 2 times a year.

He's an incredible talent and having a superb year...... I get it.

He's making the Redskins relevant after being the laughingstock of the NFC and perennial doormat of the league for the past 7 years....
So insults to jsagan77 aside, which are easy to do, is your vote at this particular point in time going to Griffin, or to Luck, and why?

And begin...... 3......2.......1....
Old 12-11-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck's season is pretty Manning-esque, actually.

It reminds me of the year Eli threw 20 picks in the regular season before the Giants caught fire and beat the undefeated Pats in the Super Bowl.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I mosread your post my bad im driving.
No one is going to say anything about this??
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
I always mosread posts when im driving.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Luck's season is pretty Manning-esque, actually.

It reminds me of the year Eli threw 20 picks in the regular season before the Giants caught fire and beat the undefeated Pats in the Super Bowl.
True.
Statistically, Luck's season is pretty close to Tony Romo.
Romo is averaging 302 yards a game, with 20 TDs & 16 Ints.
Luck is averaging 292 yards a game, with 18 TDs & 18 Ints.
Both have had some nice 4th quarter moments this year.

Ironically, Griffin also has 18 TD passes like Luck does.
Russell Wilson only has 20 TD passes, and 9 ints.
Interestingly, Wilson has thrown 200 fewer passes than Andrew, but has 2 more touchdowns still. But Luck does have double the Ints, so Wilson has a long way to go there.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
I think we're all just quietly hoping he drives off a cliff

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Honolulu stop and go traffic is great for texting and driving but awful for driving off cliffs. I hope you live in a great area for that though and can Spare some time to try that out.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
True.
Statistically, Luck's season is pretty close to Tony Romo.
Romo is averaging 302 yards a game, with 20 TDs & 16 Ints.
Luck is averaging 292 yards a game, with 18 TDs & 18 Ints.
Both have had some nice 4th quarter moments this year.

Ironically, Griffin also has 18 TD passes like Luck does.
Russell Wilson only has 20 TD passes, and 9 ints.
Interestingly, Wilson has thrown 200 fewer passes than Andrew, but has 2 more touchdowns still. But Luck does have double the Ints, so Wilson has a long way to go there.
This is pretty much what I compared Lucks season to. Romo is a good QB in my book and clutch as well. He has bone head moments that get his team in trouble but he always seems to bring them back. Luck does a lot of the same stuff and never quits trying.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Bump. QFT. +Rep. Sagan if you're going to post again please counter this post in a mature fashion.
The second part of his post I'll comment on now. Okay so RG3 is 25th in passing attempts and Luck is second. You said his team is asking him to do it all and didn't give him a crutch.

Are you taking into account the fact that RG3 broke the Rookie rushing record for QB's two weeks ago and has 24 TD's? He IS the redskins offense. Those are 700+ yards that he's added by to the team as well so when you factor in everything Luck Only averages like 37 +\- ypg than RG3 (not that much really) and RG3 has missed some time so the number would probably be a bit closer had he not.

I guess I don't get the crutch remark. His style offense should not be viewed in a negative way IMO.

I mean if your going to go that route then what about the advantage luck has playing in a Dome? He's a lot better at home than he is on the road where RG3 has been a much better traveler than Luck and has had to play in the elements much more. (some context for you guys since you love it and I'm a giver).

Last edited by jsagan77 : 12-11-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I think we're all just quietly hoping he drives off a cliff
Wow so funny.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The second part of his post I'll comment on now. Okay so RG3 is 25th in passing attempts and Luck is second. You said his team is asking him to do it all and didn't give him a crutch. Are you taking into account the fact that RG3 broke the Rookie rushing record for QB's two weeks ago and has 24 TD's? He IS the redskins offense.
This is what is so mind-boggling about your posts. Nobody is even arguing about whether or not RGIII "IS" the Redskins offense, because he IS. It's just totally beside the point... because they both are.

Andrew Luck currently has 537 pass attempts, 49 rushing attempts and has been sacked 32 times. His other running backs combined for 307 rushing attempts. Counting sacks as pass attempts, that's 618 plays that depended directly on Luck to 307 that didn't, or 66.8% of the Colt's offense.

RGIII currently has 351 pass attempts, 112 rushes and has been sacked 28 times. His running backs have combined for 302 rushes. Again counting sacks as pass attempts, RGIII has had a total of 491 plays. Adding the plays Kirk Cousins has accounted for in brief injury relief, RGIII has accounted directly for 60.9% of his team's offense.

Quote:
Those are 700+ yards that he's added by to the team as well so when you factor in everything Luck Only averages like 37 +\- ypg than RG3 (not that much really) and RG3 has missed some time so the number would probably be a bit closer had he not.
I like how you take Luck's having 37 ypg more than RGIII (which is a lot by the way) and conveniently make it a "+/-", as if you can actually do that. It's +37.
Closed Thread