Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's your MVP entering Sunday week 12
P Manning 28 50.00%
A Rodgers 4 7.14%
T Brady 12 21.43%
R Griffin 1 1.79%
D Brees 3 5.36%
M Ryan 2 3.57%
A Peterson 4 7.14%
A Foster 0 0%
M Lynch 1 1.79%
Other: Who? 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Exactly... racking up garbage yards doesnt make it impressive
Except Peterson isn't just racking up garbage yards against teams playing with late leads. I hate to use an argument that's just nothing but stats, but here it goes:

Peterson has 837 yards on 136 attempts (6.2 ypc) and 7 tds in the first half of games, compared to 737 yards on 126 attempts (5.8 ypc) and 4tds in the second half.

When his team is winning he has 645 yards on 131 attempts (4.9 ypc) and 2 tds. When trailing he has 521 yards on 83 attempts (6.3ypc) and 5 tds, and when tied he has 434 yards on 51 attempts (8.5 ypc) and 3 tds.

Now, that shows he's more productive per carry when trailing rather than being ahead, but it's not like he's doing all that down 20 points or something and team letting the vikings have the run. He's actually averaging a higher yards per carry (6.9 to 4.3) when down one score than when they're down in the 9-16 point range, and that's on a very similar number of carries too (31 to 36.)

Now I'm not saying Peterson should be MVP. I said earlier in this thread that if he breaks 2k yards and if the Vikings make the playoffs I'd be fine with him winning. As it is, I'd vote Brady right now. I just don't think you can call Peterson's yardage totals a result of him getting "garbage yards."

If you want to check any of these numbers, i got them from here:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits...drian-peterson
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote