Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post

I think Lloyd could be set for another big game. I expect a mixture of Bowman, Willis, Goldson and Whitner to try and slow down Hernandez and Welker which would generally leave man coverage on the outside. Although, the Pats really need to get the ground game going. I think they can exploit Sopoaga and McDonald with how the offensive line has played recently and Mankins against Justin Smith is going to be crucial. I may eat my words but I actually like Solder's chances against Aldon Smith, he's exactly the type of rusher that Solder excels against.
I see the Niners playing nickel the whole game while doubling welker and leaving Hernandez to be mostly singled by bowman or Willis with some help at times. I also see Lloyd being singled by culliver or brown with two safeties deep most of the game. I think they'll try to defend the run with nickel which they can do pretty well, althoughs the pats aren't bad at running and may force the Niners out of it.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...riots-practice

Boom! As long as that forearm is stabilized and there isn't further risk to injury this is awesome. I mean he's no Vernon Davis, but this still helps.

Also, a pretty interesting stat in there that the Pats have scored 97 more points this year than the next closest team, despite only having a healthy Hernandez and Gronk for 1 game.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I take it that since Alex Smith/Eli Manning debates have ended for the time being, Vernon Davis/Gronk is starting up?

Because in that case, I'm taking Gronk and not thinking twice. He may not be as purely athletically skilled as Davis, but a guy that size moving like he can is a near-unstoppable force.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Gronk for me and it isn't close. Not even a little bit close. I'd put Jimmy Graham over VD and I don't think Gronk and Graham are close.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
So, I take it that since Alex Smith/Eli Manning debates have ended for the time being, Vernon Davis/Gronk is starting up?

Because in that case, I'm taking Gronk and not thinking twice. He may not be as purely athletically skilled as Davis, but a guy that size moving like he can is a near-unstoppable force.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It's Gronk for me and it isn't close. Not even a little bit close. I'd put Jimmy Graham over VD and I don't think Gronk and Graham are close.
Come on, you guys really need to start listening to the 49ers fans more. Gronk's great and all but Vernon Davis is on another level. I mean when it comes to pro bowl voting he can be nominated as a TE, OT and a WR. He also finished second in the presidential election...he's just that good

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah well 49er fans have been saying a lot lately that I don't listen to. This just goes on top of the pile.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't really involved in the Gronk vs. VD topic and I don't remember what exactly was said but weren't Ness and others just arguing that Gronk wasn't "night and day" better?
abaddon41_80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prince can not be able to go for us this Sunday because of a hammy issue which will be a big issue. Webster has not been the same player this year after that it gets a little bit murky. Rolle would probably come up to play CB and then we'd have Hill and Brown at S. Stopping White and Jones is going to be very difficult without Prince in there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I wasn't really involved in the Gronk vs. VD topic and I don't remember what exactly was said but weren't Ness and others just arguing that Gronk wasn't "night and day" better?
That would be correct. Or rather, that was simply the opinion I had.

People weren't happy that I felt that way though. It just couldn't possibly be true.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
That would be correct. Or rather, that was simply the opinion I had.

People weren't happy that I felt that way though. It just couldn't possibly be true.
I hate to get into this again, but somebody said Gronk was the standard of the TE position, and you countered with Vernon Davis. You eventually fell back to arguing the periphery "night and day" because it was easier to get evidence to support your point, but you at one point implied that you believed Davis was the better of the 2 hence the argument.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a 49ers fan speaks...

it is then returned with countless rebuttals saturated in hyperbole.

Tis the norm this year.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

49er fans are so persecuted. I feel bad for you guys. :'(

Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Such victims in all of this...woe be to them.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
a 49ers fan speaks...

it is then returned with countless rebuttals saturated in hyperbole.

Tis the norm this year.
Yes, because we're all arbitrarily hating on 49ers fans for no reason. Instead of going with the far more likely reason that we're calling you guys out for your slightly homerish opinions, it's far more likely that everybody else is just haters.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Yes, because we're all arbitrarily hating on 49ers fans for no reason. Instead of going with the far more likely reason that we're calling you guys out for your slightly homerish opinions, it's far more likely that everybody else is just haters.
No, actually you're mostly being "internet police" and labeling all 49ers fans because a handful of you disagreed with Ness and abadonn. Let's not forget these arguments were weeks and months ago, yet 49ers fans are once again blamed when someone else brings it up in yet another thread.

It's not a persecution complex. It's a "hey guys, the joke became old a long time ago."

I haven't read a thread with 49ers content in over half a season without the same regurgitated "joke."

Last edited by phlysac : 12-12-2012 at 01:15 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate to get into this again, but somebody said Gronk was the standard of the TE position, and you countered with Vernon Davis. You eventually fell back to arguing the periphery "night and day" because it was easier to get evidence to support your point, but you at one point implied that you believed Davis was the better of the 2 hence the argument.
Where did I say that? What were the exact words? Do you have a quote? Find where you believe I implied Davis was the better of the two tight ends. I don't remember pushing that notion. I remember you mentioned that you thought Davis was a great tight end, but it wasn't a close between the two players and that Gronkowski does everything better. I disagreed with that opinion. Weeks later we're still here.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-12-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't paint them all with the same brush. Phylsac is actually the more sober of that crowd. Ness is ok too but he's a homer to end all homers.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I wouldn't paint them all with the same brush. Phylsac is actually the more sober of that crowd. Ness is ok too but he's a homer to end all homers.
Could say the very same thing about a bunch of Giants and Patriots fans here.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, actually you're mostly being "internet police" and labeling all 49ers fans because a handful of you disagreed with Ness and abadonn. Let's not forget these arguments were weeks and months ago, yet 49ers fans are once again blamed when someone else brings it up in yet another thread.

It's not a persecution complex. It's a "hey guys, the joke became old a long time ago."

I haven't read a thread with 49ers content in over half a season without the same regurgitated "joke."
You guys' persecution complex keeps the joke funny, it's a self feeding loop. That new comments give new fire to, like the "night and day" bit. Welcome to the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Could say the very same thing about a bunch of Giants and Patriots fans here.
You clearly missed Number 10 in his heyday. BBD's terrible in the NBA thread, but Number 10 was the most epic homer ever. Now we're pretty tame.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 12-12-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
You guys' persecution complex keeps the joke funny, it's a self feeding loop. That new comments give new fire to, like the "night and day" bit. Welcome to the internet.
Well I've outgrown it. It's not a "persecution complex" as it is I'm repeatedly lumped into a childish "woah it's the internetz" joke that I wasn't even a part of. It'd get old it you were in my position, too.

If people have a problem with Ness... get at Ness. If you have a problem with abadonn... get at him. If you have an issue with something I've posted, address it.

This constant lumping of "49ers fans" this and "49ers fans" that is not only wrought of hyperbole, it's darn near an outright fallacy.

I've never once, in my thousands of posts personally mocked an individual let alone an entire fanbase in one general swoop.

Last edited by phlysac : 12-12-2012 at 03:18 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which team has the biggest must win game this weekend?

Also the 49ers baiting is almost working as good as the Packer having injuriezzz. I'm pretty sure Finley being hurt that year is why they won the super bowl.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a 49ers fan. But it feels really crappy to come into these weekly threads and not be able to say anything... for fear that I'll just get pointed at and the "oh look, it's another 49er homer! lolz" response. It is what it is around here, though. I should know that by now. It's what makes me leave for months at a time and then return for some hope that it'll be better. Every year it's some team. It's annoying as hell.

I can agree that it's on both sides here... but I think it's more people jumping on a few 49er fans and making it sound like all of us. I still think most of you wouldn't know what to talk about football wise around here if there wasn't one certain team to pick on. 2013. Year of the 49ers.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Which team has the biggest must win game this weekend?

Also the 49ers baiting is almost working as good as the Packer having injuriezzz. I'm pretty sure Finley being hurt that year is why they won the super bowl.
Thanks for the change of subject G Mobile. I think it depends on what they are in desperation of. In my opinion it is Pit and Dallas. Dallas is trying to claw their way into a playoff birth and the Steelers are desperately trying to hold on. It is important that the Steelers come out and plat well after last week. It will be interesting to see how the Cowboys do if Dez can't go.

And Gronk is better.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Some fans don't have an off button and some fans have opinions that are widely disagreed upon. This kind of stuff keeps happening because 49er fans keep responding, either to 49ers debate or these kind of baitng posts. Just roll with it, ignore the harsher stuff, and talk football.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 12-12-2012 at 07:09 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolb to the IR, Lindley named starter

4-0 to 0-12, truly an amazing feat

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote