Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-12-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 15: Chiefs AT Raiders (mid-afternoon game)

Is it wrong that I want a loss here? If the Chiefs win we'll lose out on the first pick. Then anything could happen. I'm fine finishing this season 2-14.

Anyway, discuss the upcoming game here.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i know that we have had some success in Oakland in the past, but i really dont see this game being much different than last weeks. Oakland will look to take advantage of the situation and cement the Chiefs spot in the AFC West basement. i have watched almost none of the Raiders in the last few weeks and it doesn't matter. Carson Palmer will be the best QB in the stadium Sunday and thats all i need to know.

on a side, isn't it sad how far this game has fallen. this used to be Raider week. that meaned something for all of my life. now, it is a fight for last place in the division. its just really depressing. i used to love to be a Raider Hater and now its just.... blah. the NFL is much better when this game is important.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With both teams picking high this year I could easily see this game being relevant in a year or two. I think we have a bigger opportunity to be good sooner, but if McKenzie decides to keep drafting well I don't doubt that this will be an old AFC West type of game.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:45 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
i know that we have had some success in Oakland in the past, but i really dont see this game being much different than last weeks. Oakland will look to take advantage of the situation and cement the Chiefs spot in the AFC West basement. i have watched almost none of the Raiders in the last few weeks and it doesn't matter. Carson Palmer will be the best QB in the stadium Sunday and thats all i need to know.

on a side, isn't it sad how far this game has fallen. this used to be Raider week. that meaned something for all of my life. now, it is a fight for last place in the division. its just really depressing. i used to love to be a Raider Hater and now its just.... blah. the NFL is much better when this game is important.
It really is sad, isn't it? Turn on the radio and the sports talk shows are talking about baseball....baseball??? ON RAIDER WEEK!!!
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
It really is sad, isn't it? Turn on the radio and the sports talk shows are talking about baseball....baseball??? ON RAIDER WEEK!!!
Especially when your local Baseball team is the Royals.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Is it wrong that I want a loss here? If the Chiefs win we'll lose out on the first pick.
Don't feel bad. Raider fans across the net are having this same dilemma. We're also cheering for the Jags to win one more game. I believe Oakland should have the SoS tiebreaker over both Jax and KC.

We want the top pick so we can beg someone else to trade us for it.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Especially when your local Baseball team is the Royals.
Amen on that!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Don't feel bad. Raider fans across the net are having this same dilemma. We're also cheering for the Jags to win one more game. I believe Oakland should have the SoS tiebreaker over both Jax and KC.

We want the top pick so we can beg someone else to trade us for it.
How about the Chiefs get #1 and you guys get #2? You win 1-2, we go 0-3, Jags win 1-2.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is it wrong that I want a loss here? If the Chiefs win we'll lose out on the first pick. Then anything could happen. I'm fine finishing this season 2-14.

Anyway, discuss the upcoming game here.
No you are not wrong. I have been dreading this game. After the way this season has gone if they beat the Raiders and lose the #1 pick I will lose it.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even care anymore.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

God help me, I still care. I want them to lose but I hate seeing them play like this. The word pathetic doesn't do this team justice.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
God help me, I still care. I want them to lose but I hate seeing them play like this. The word pathetic doesn't do this team justice.
That is basically where I am. I want them to lose out so we get the first pick and can clean house / draft a QB, but good god, at least be COMPETITIVE. That was the worst Chiefs game I've ever seen. Ever. And it happened against the Raiders.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
That is basically where I am. I want them to lose out so we get the first pick and can clean house / draft a QB, but good god, at least be COMPETITIVE. That was the worst Chiefs game I've ever seen. Ever. And it happened against the Raiders.
In almost 50 years, it was the worst Chiefs game that I have seen. We've been beaten worse but by better teams. Shut out by the number 30 defense in the league, which was playing without Richard Seymour. Ten yards total rushing...TEN YARDS!!!

Maybe Romeo should go ahead and quit. The team certainly has. Well, the offense anyway.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In almost 50 years, it was the worst Chiefs game that I have seen.
Mat, i dont have 50 years, but i do have 30 and this is the worst Kansas City Chiefs team ever. not just this 1 game or even a few game stretch. flat out, this is the worst Kansas City Chiefs football team ever. i dont care what the record is, was or will be. this team sucks. in every way possible. we have the worst OC in the NFL, maybe even football (thats a bold statement. i've seen some really bad play callers at the high school level). we have a HC that is so beat down, he doesn't even know what to say anymore. he fires himself as DC to promote a man beat out of the same position 3 years earlier by Clancy Freakin Pendegast. we have a GM that couldn't make a move that works if he stumbled on to the 4 leaf clover up Tom Brady's ass (such polar opposites. everything Brady touches turns to gold. not so much for Pioli). we have an owner (somewhere) with his head burried in the sand like nothing is wrong. we have a great fan base that is so downtrodden that we don't even care anymore. we have players killing girlfriends then themselves at the facility, in front of coaches and GM, the day before a game. we have an OLineman calling out the fans for a "cheer" of Cassel while he is concussed on the field.

thats a whole ******* paragraph and i haven't mentioned 1 item that has to do with this team performance on the field. this team that is 2-12. that will soon be winless in the division. that tied the record for most number of games lost by 10 points or more in a single season (0-16 Lions). that is last in the NFL with -22 TO diff. i'm going to steal a phrase from Eric Winston.
Quote:
it's 100 percent sickening
that's right Eric, it is. this poop that is left on the field is sickening and digusting. it's hard to believe some of us have paid good money to watch this shoveling of poop at Arrowhead. but nobody seems to be able to get rid of the poop. instead we keep shoveling it from one area to the next, hoping someone else will man up and take care of it.

i'm not going to really talk about specifics from this game at all. we all saw it. shutout by the 30th ranked defense in the league. JC only had 9 carries. what else needs to be said? just read any of the other game threads. they all pretty much read the same. instead, i'm going to make a plea to Clark. at this point, maybe it's more of a demand. i don't really expect Clark to read this or even be told of this by someone else, but it will make me feel better just putting it out there.

Dear Clark,
you don't know me, but i have been a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs as long as i can remember. my parents were never really into sports. so, i had to watch the games with my grandpa. he used to tell me stories of the Glory Days and how Len Dawson and Bobby Bell were his favorite players. i imagine, in a lot of respects, you and i share alot of similarities concerning our early years with the Chiefs. you with your dad and me with my grandpa. we've both seen some good times and some bad times. ups and downs are expected with any team you root for. however, this team, it's management and it's coaching have created a new low. a low so far down that the younger generation may not remember the good times as well. a low so far down that this franchise has become the butt of NFL jokes. what would your father say about this? rather, what would he DO about this? now, is your chance to cement yourself with this newer generation of Kansas City Chiefs fans. trotting Poili or Crennel back out there for the 2013 season will cost you MANY MANY fans and even more money. i can promise you that if no moves, or the wrong moves, are made you will see TV blackouts and season tickets at alltime lows. i can promise you i will spend $0 on anything Chiefs related as long as Poili is employeed by the Chiefs. i do apologize for the ultimatum feel to this message. i just want to make sure you understand how i and thousands of other fans feel. the silence from Arrowhead, in regards to this most disappointing Chiefs team ever is rather concerning. i just want to be able to celebrate a Super Bowl appearance with my grandpa. how great would that be to win the AFC Championship and hoist the Lamar Hunt trophy. you should be the one to hoist that trophy. these next few weeks are the first step in the right direction. desicions need to be made that are hard and expensive. just always remember what your dads goal was when he built this franchise. is our current path in line with that thinking? i appreciate your time.
Chiefs Fan for Life,
King Carls 5 Year Plan
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:55 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Nice rant, King.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well said KC.