Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Rice was referring to himself in the third person on Mike and Mike this morning. I enjoyed that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I can't wait till this season is over....well mostly on DC.

This season will go down with the Packers Injurrizzzz,

But what do we call it?

Alex Smith is Eli...but he got benched?
Shaun Hill top 20?
49ers Player A vs B
i personally enjoyed the Shaun Hill debate the best.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just read that the NFL is discussing playoff expansion. In other words, the NFL wants more money and can't think of a more creative way than just having more playoff games.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL can just cut out the probwl and have skills competition no game. That will save them more money ha. No need to expand more play off games IMO.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be incredibly upset if they expand the playoffs.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the current playoff format started in 1990 we had 28 teams and 12 made it. Basically the same ratio Goodell wants...people will hate him for anything at this point.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
When the current playoff format started in 1990 we had 28 teams and 12 made it. Basically the same ratio Goodell wants...people will hate him for anything at this point.
Goodell also proposed half the league. 16 teams. That's never happened before.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While that may be true, I see no reason to expand the playoffs. We just had a ******* 7 win team make the playoffs. If we have a 16 team playoff, some years there will be 7 win wild card teams in.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be against a 16 team playoff, but I think 14 teams has a better chance of getting approved and I have no problems with that.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I'll be glad when the season is over and the fringe teams like the Cowboys and Bengals are out. I really don't want to see the riff raff in the tournament.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One I remember reading years ago was a fluid playoff structure. There would still be a minimum of 12 teams, but that number would expand to include every team with a winning (9+ wins) record up to 16. If only 6 teams make it in a conference, the top 2 seeds have byes. If 7 teams make it, only the top seed gets a bye. If 8 teams make it, no byes.

I could be talked into a system like that since my biggest complaint is the possibility of getting teams with losing records getting in. They don't deserve to be there and the highest seeds shouldn't need to risk their players to additional fatigue and injury playing against them.

But if you win more games than you lose in a give season, you get into the post season. Seems reasonable.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

How the hell would you set up a 14 team playoff?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
How the hell would you set up a 14 team playoff?
Only the #1 seed would get a bye.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
One I remember reading years ago was a fluid playoff structure. There would still be a minimum of 12 teams, but that number would expand to include every team with a winning (9+ wins) record up to 16. If only 6 teams make it in a conference, the top 2 seeds have byes. If 7 teams make it, only the top seed gets a bye. If 8 teams make it, no byes.

I could be talked into a system like that since my biggest complaint is the possibility of getting teams with losing records getting in. They don't deserve to be there and the highest seeds shouldn't need to risk their players to additional fatigue and injury playing against them.

But if you win more games than you lose in a give season, you get into the post season. Seems reasonable.
So what if the NFC gets 8 teams and the AFC only gets 6. That seems like an unfair advantage for the AFC top seeds because they have a bye to get healthy while the NFC doesn't.

I am staunchly opposed to this. They are making all sorts of changes for "player safety" but then they want to extend the season to 18 games, add more playoff games, and have Thursday night games every week. This is nothing more than a way to make up the money they lose when they get rid of two preseason games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I don't see what is wrong with the current rules though for the playoffs. In each conference you win your division and you are promised a spot. If not, you fight it out for the other two wild card spots. Why do we need possibly half the league in the postseason? Just to make it more epic? Wouldn't that make the accomplishment of getting there less impressive?

Quote:
Old 12-13-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't like the idea. I really hate when a losing record team makes the playoffs. If half the league can get into the playoffs then you would have all kind of losing teams in the playoffs.

If you did 16 teams 8 for each conference right now we would see.

AFC:
1. Texans 2. Patriots 3. Broncos 4. Ravens 5. Colts 6. Steelers 7. Bengals 8. Jets (cmon really?)
And you would have the Bowns and Chargers nipping at their heels... Both of those teams have lost their shot at a winning record at very likely will end up with a losing record.

NFC:
1. Falcons 2. 49ers 3. Packers 4. Giants 5. Seahawks 6. Bears 7. Redskins 8. Cowboys
I'm actually okay with the teams making it in the NFC because it has more depth.

Overall it is just a terrible idea imo.

EDIT: Just read BB's post. That would make me feel a little better about it I guess.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...es-not-really/

ESPN and black people...what can be done?
Old 12-13-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its all the owners who want this 14/16 team playoff.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL structure is perfect right now to me. 32 teams with 2 conferences 4 division with 4 teams each. Playoffs also great.

From a football perspective I don't see a reason to mess with it. But Goodell is looking for ways to make the league more money and more playoff games would do that. I dont really like the guy, but he is making the owners good money so he is actually pretty good at his job.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That is sad... Just ignorant and annoying.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We all know what rob parker wanted to say, or really meant.

He is black, but hes not a ...
Old 12-13-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Seriously?
Start making punishment the same to blacks like him, as it is towards whites like Imus, Jimmy the Greek, Whoopi Goldberg, etc.

Stephen A Smith actually was the voice of reason here.

But there needs to be public pressure to have ESPN fire this guy.
If reversed, the white guy would be fired an hour ago had he said the reverse.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:

Anyways...

Ironically Stephen A. Smith came out of that looking quite intelligent.

Parker is just the kind of black person I wouldn't want representing the black community itself. He's essentially discrediting Griffin's ethnicity and undermining his culture values because they don't coincide with society's stereotypical perceptions, which is ridiculous. Someone needs to take the mic away from that goon.

There are no set of rules, especially in a social context, one must abide by to qualify for ethnic legitimacy.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-13-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN tells their guys to take opposing viewpoints. Nobody's getting fired.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
ESPN tells their guys to take opposing viewpoints. Nobody's getting fired.
Exactly. This drives pageviews and more people will tune First Take tomorrow.

This is the same network that hired Rush Limbaugh as a football analyst, and kept him around just long enough for him to start a controversy.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote