Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-14-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what we'll need to shell out to keep Beatty.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's only had 1 good healthy year. I can't imagine it would take all that much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake Long being on the market lowers his value as well. Takes one potential suitor away from Beatty.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People will overpay for offensive linemen, Beatty might be a candidate for the franchise tag.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta franchise Nicks. This is going to be a serious problem in the offseason, we have way too many contracts. This year might be our last chance at a SB run bc we might rebuild for 2 years before we have a other roster capable of making a run.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Gotta franchise Nicks. This is going to be a serious problem in the offseason, we have way too many contracts. This year might be our last chance at a SB run bc we might rebuild for 2 years before we have a other roster capable of making a run.
Nicks isn't a FA till 2014.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cruz is a RFA or UFA this year? I suspect we'll work something out with Cruz before it comes to be a problem though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Cruz is an RFA. Boothe is also a FA after the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah it's safe to say I hate Mike Smith and hope that turd has what's coming to him. I can root for Atlanta to do well when he's fired but I'll never root for a team that employs him. Lets just hope he never becomes a Giant lol
You know I thought that about, Hahah. If by some bad luck he was our HC, when TC retired! I would HATE that! Rooting for another team, is obviously not an opinion.

I'd rip every move he makes if I disagree and do it to the extreme! We are big blue! Why is the gatorade, freaking green?! Booo! That would be very bad luck though if he ever coached our team.

I watched and re-played his post game presser the day we beat them in the playoffs. It was so much fun! : )
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I think I would say the same thing if in your shoes.
We're "soft" in the trenches, and our DB's tackle like girls.

Lookin forward to your game at Atlanta this week.
I think injuries have hurt you guys and some teams match up well with others. I think we match up well against you guys. Our division foes match up well against us. Even in their off years they still can give us fits. That's an issue as well. But you guys beat us down the game after we choked against the Eagles. I think we just came out emotionally drained from screwing ourselves.

The game after we went into OT and you guys beat us. We killed you in the playoffs and now in the regular season. I think we match up well if everyone is healthy. If you guys are hurt then it's basically 1 amazing QB, and a few starters and rest of them are no named people.

You guys were announcing your line up on game day, and I barely recognized any of your players. You can't get far like that.

SF is worrisome, but I think we can beat them, but our weak point is our red zone scoring and defense. That worries me a lot. We had a great red zone performance which I loved. Can we keep that up though? If so, and if the defense can play better I think we will be more than fine, but I need to see a lot more.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Bradshaw, Amukamara, Phillips and Sash are all out Sunday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DL is gunna have to step up this game, if JPP can rape his way to Ryan enough to throw him off we should be able to contain those WRs enough for Eli to outgun him going the other way.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hopefully this injury to Roddy keeps him out also. Would only be fair. Fewell will play this conservative so we'll just have to win our one on ones.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants ast OL coach Matt Rhule has been offered the head coaching job at Temple.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ew-head-coach/

Interestingly he beat out Todd Bowles for the job
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jake Long being on the market lowers his value as well. Takes one potential suitor away from Beatty.
Very true, plus there is Brandon Albert and Ryan Clady

Also add in a decent draft class as well.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually wouldn't mind if Fewell plays this one conservative. Don't let their big play receivers beat you, keep everything underneath and just chip away at them.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't think we have a choice this week. I don't trust anyone on our back end to hold up 1 on 1 vs their WRs.

We have to play a conservative, nickel defense that is always 2 deep, and gives up some in the run game and underneath routes to prevent these guys from going vertical on us.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well RGIII is officially out, Roddy White is a gametime decision

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

This is a big week. Best case scenario is we win, SF loses, GB loses, Redskins lose and Dallas loses.

Worst case scenario is obviously the opposite. A lot can change this week. Should be exciting.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Roddy is playing. Hopefully the injury slows him down a bit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-16-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think we're better off with one of Dallas or Washington keeping the pressure on our team. At least for one more week.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-16-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Well, I will guarantee this:

If we win today, I guarantee we lose in Baltimore. Because we'll take the week off knowing that we just have to beat Philly to get in. It's typical Giants. I'd put the farm on that happening if we win today.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, I will guarantee this:

If we win today, I guarantee we lose in Baltimore. Because we'll take the week off knowing that we just have to beat Philly to get in. It's typical Giants. I'd put the farm on that happening if we win today.
If Dallas and Washington both win, we'll still need the Baltimore game and show up. It's the Philly game we're going to drop.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-16-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Man, reading up on some of these children, I couldn't help but get choked up man.

One kid is getting buried in his Cruz jersey and Cruz is dedicating the game to him.

Just so sad. Forget football for a second, it's just so sad.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Red zone chance 1

0/1

FG time.