Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-14-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gose has an impressive ceiling/tools, but it's hard to imagine him fulfilling on it. Major contact issues for him
Old 12-14-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His defense alone makes him valuable in CF. Mostly everyone agrees nationally that a Gose + Arencibia deal would be very underwhelming for the Mets.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mainly because Arencibia is worthless. He has a career OBP% of .275 and is atrocious behind the plate
Old 12-14-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. It's a terrible package if it's just them 2.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
His defense alone makes him valuable in CF. Mostly everyone agrees nationally that a Gose + Arencibia deal would be very underwhelming for the Mets.
Who would have better package for Dickey that Mets pass on for Blue Jays' package?
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arencibia has improved his defense a whole lot though he still is middle of the pack at best in that respect. Even if Gose never improves his batting he will be a good cf with his outstanding speed, baserunning, and defense. I think it's a good package for the Mets. No way Syndergaard is added, he is a stud in the making but I mean who knows, maybe I am wrong.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Forget Hamilton, it's all about Andres Torres baby!!!!!!!1111eleven.
Next thing you know, they'll bring back Cody Ross or some ****.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Arencibia has improved his defense a whole lot though he still is middle of the pack at best in that respect. Even if Gose never improves his batting he will be a good cf with his outstanding speed, baserunning, and defense. I think it's a good package for the Mets. No way Syndergaard is added, he is a stud in the making but I mean who knows, maybe I am wrong.
Gose+Arencibia seems similar to a Brett Jackson+Vitters package. That's not a good package.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Gose+Arencibia seems similar to a Brett Jackson+Vitters package. That's not a good package.
Two young starters, one of whom has the potential to be one if the better players in the league playing a valuable position for a 38 year old pitcher I think is a good package. Yes Dickey just won the cy young and his career will be prolonged because he is a knuckleballer but I think everybody is underestimating Gose and while I want Arencibia gone to make room for D'Arnaud he is still young and not as bad as people think.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gose does not have that much potential, Christ.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the rangers aren't offering olt for dickey then what's the f'n plan??? Do something Daniels!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Gose does not have that much potential, Christ.
Well I enjoy being a dick to you but I wrote that last one on my phone, I meant one of the better CF's in the league as in top 10 at that position. Feel free to disagree with that but he is still young and improving his bat every year so I certainly think he can be a top flight CF.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If the rangers aren't offering olt for dickey then what's the f'n plan??? Do something Daniels!
Olt for Kubel and Davidson

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

According to Jon Heyman there was a lot of talk about D'Arnaud and according to unconfirmed sources that may be who the Mets are getting back for Dickey. If true I can't say I will be pleased since I think D'Arnaud will end up being a stud but in any case with Dickey added to the starting rotation the Jays would have to be one of the favorites to win it all this year.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Arnaud and Gose now?
Old 12-14-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
D'Arnaud and Gose now?
If D'Arnaud is part of the deal I think I can safely say there is no chance Gose is included as well. If he is the Jays are getting fleeced. Hell call my crazy but I think D'Arnaud for Dickey straight up is a win for the Mets. Maybe not by much and I know not every prospect works out plus D'Arnaud does seem to get injured a fair amount but he is still a top prospect.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If Sandy could pull off Wheeler he can get it done for D'Arnaud!!! Let's do this Sandy. I'd be 100% happy if the deal was a 1 for 1 Dickey for D'Arnaud.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
If Sandy could pull off Wheeler he can get it done for D'Arnaud!!! Let's do this Sandy. I'd be 100% happy if the deal was a 1 for 1 Dickey for D'Arnaud.
I think the difference hear is that Alex Anthopoulos is not a ******* idiot but I guess we will see haha. I mean straight up that is not an awful deal for the Jays since no prospect is guaranteed but I would so much rather have D'Arnaud as the Jays catcher for years to come than Arencibia.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Wow if they get d'Arnaud that's a steal. I'm not completely sold on Dickey repeating what he did this past year, and he's 38 years old.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I think the difference hear is that Alex Anthopoulos is not a ******* idiot but I guess we will see haha. I mean straight up that is not an awful deal for the Jays since no prospect is guaranteed but I would so much rather have D'Arnaud as the Jays catcher for years to come than Arencibia.
Agreed and I see both sides of this. I just think JP is horrible and don't see any redeeming value from him. Dickey is more valuable than the posters here are giving him credit for. He's a cheap cost controlled pitcher who is getting better with age.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Wow if they get d'Arnaud that's a steal. I'm not completely sold on Dickey repeating what he did this past year, and he's 38 years old.
To be fair to Dickey he has actually been really good for the past three years but yes, D'Arnaud for him would be a steal for the Mets, I just don't see it happening.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Agreed and I see both sides of this. I just think JP is horrible and don't see any redeeming value from him. Dickey is more valuable than the posters here are giving him credit for. He's a cheap cost controlled pitcher who is getting better with age.
I wouldn't say JP is horrible. His defence has gotten better and he can hit for power. He will never be better than an average starting catcher but with his age and control I think he has some value. That said I personally want him the **** off the Jays so I don't blame you for not wanting him on the Mets. Dickey comes cheap this year and it seems 2 years 26 million gets him signed for the two years after which is not bad at all considering the money some pitchers are getting.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He's barely barely better than Josh Thole and he's horrible also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Dickey has been good for the Mets, but I am worried about him shifting back to the AL(potentially the AL East where they are riddled with hitters parks and top tier offenses), but if Toronto makes the move I can't blame them

NY is looking very vulnerable right now with how old they look, and the Sox are in a bit of a rebuilding stage. The division is there for the taking and now is the time for Toronto to strike. They haven't been to the postseason since they won the WS back in 93. Losing d'Arnaud would suck but they still have a very good farm with a lot of high ceiling arms, so they'll still be in good shape

So I guess I just changed my stance haha. Looks like a good deal for both sides really for where each team is currently. Mets would get a stud catcher for the future and the Jays get another top tier arm to add to Morrow/Josh Johnson to become serious title/division contenders
Old 12-14-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Dickey has been good for the Mets, but I am worried about him shifting back to the AL(potentially the AL East where they are riddled with hitters parks and top tier offenses), but if Toronto makes the move I can't blame them

NY is looking very vulnerable right now with how old they look, and the Sox are in a bit of a rebuilding stage. The division is there for the taking and now is the time for Toronto to strike. They haven't been to the postseason since they won the WS back in 93. Losing d'Arnaud would suck but they still have a very good farm with a lot of high ceiling arms, so they'll still be in good shape

So I guess I just changed my stance haha. Looks like a good deal for both sides really for where each team is currently. Mets would get a stud catcher for the future and the Jays get another top tier arm to add to Morrow/Josh Johnson to become serious title/division contenders
All I will say is don't get your hopes up that D'Arnaud will be part of the deal. I don't see it happening but hell, I could be wrong.