Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Thats true and I agree with you that if the players are going to do make these decisions then they shold turn around and sue the league later. However lets not pretend that the league is changing these rules in the name of "safety", because thats a load of ********.
Well it's the explanation the league gives for changes to kickoff rules and the defenseless player rules and such.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ryants-finger/

That's commendable and all, but it's stuff like this that tells me the players themselves do not understand the consequences that playing can have on their long term health.

Bryant continuing to play without surgery could permanently damage his finger, and the same has been said about Terrell Suggs' bicep. And the players (and fans) kick and scream every time there is a safety-based rule change and they point to Alex Smith's situation as a reason why they're willing to lie about concussion symptoms to the determent of their long term health.

The players are, and will always be, their own worst enemy in all of this. They put off surgery and don't report injury symptoms, then, when they experience problems later in life, try to sue the league. It's ludicrous.
This has been known since before they sent Dez to the doctors. A few years ago, T.O went through a very similar injury and decided to play through it. Granted, he played through the injury a little longer than three weeks, but he did in fact suffer permanent damage to his fingers that later caused him to have even bigger drop issues. If ligament damage in a finger isn't allowed to heal properly from the get-go, it heals differently and he can lose a lot of flexibility in it.

I've been against it from the beginning, i wish he'd just sit, but of course Garrett and co. took the coward way out and basically put it on Dez, saying that they'll let him decide what he wants to do. Of course Dez will wanna play through it, and even if he didn't, i could already imagine the backlash from him saying he'd rather have surgery. The coaching staff and FO needed to take this by the horns and make the decision themselves and they copped out. I really hope we don't regret this later but the likelihood is very high.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The TO thing is troubling, but Torry Holt played most of his career with a finger that pointed in the wrong direction and did well for himself. It depends a bit on the player to begin with though.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

God damn it Lovie...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-knee-problem/

Quote:
“We’re a little banged up, but believe me we have enough guys to play this week,” Smith said.
You, me, and 45 other guys from this board could all suit up to give us "enough guys to play this week." Doesn't mean that we'll play well.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of an interesting non-story, but apparently the Bengals (yes, the ones that a lot of people on the internet joke for being criminals) have turned Pacman Jones into a better person.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dont-use-them/

He actually sounds... grown up.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good thing Richard Sherman's appeal keeps getting pushed back. Walter Thurmond who started last week in place of Browner will not play vs. the Bills. Trufant was injured a couple weeks ago. That means rookie 6th round pick Jeremy Lane will start in Toronto.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Kind of an interesting non-story, but apparently the Bengals (yes, the ones that a lot of people on the internet joke for being criminals) have turned Pacman Jones into a better person.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dont-use-them/

He actually sounds... grown up.
Give him time he just trying to put enough money in da piggybank to go out hard and make it rain.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's commendable and all, but it's stuff like this that tells me the players themselves do not understand the consequences that playing can have on their long term health.

The players are, and will always be, their own worst enemy in all of this. They put off surgery and don't report injury symptoms, then, when they experience problems later in life, try to sue the league. It's ludicrous.
Oh they are aware of it. The NFL puts those guys, rookies, thru classes... they hear the dangers, a lot more than we do on the SportsCenter reports.

But the thing is, these guys don't care about long term..... they are focused on the now, this short few-year window they can make bank, and get on SportsCenter..... and most of them have no other options to make a career in anything else.

Now they aren't the only ones who ignore long term ramifcations to focus on the instant gratification.

It's the same with many long term hazardous things like smoking, alcohol, other drugs, etc.... people know, people still do those things.

The NFL has to do things to make the game safer period, and to anyone who pretends the game is a cupcake game now, go suit up and take a handoff up the middle, or wide, and see what happens. Or go and run back a kickoff.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Good thing Richard Sherman's appeal keeps getting pushed back. Walter Thurmond who started last week in place of Browner will not play vs. the Bills. Trufant was injured a couple weeks ago. That means rookie 6th round pick Jeremy Lane will start in Toronto.
I really think people around the league are a little tired of Richard Sherman and his skating on this charge as long as he has. I would have had more respect for him had he taken his medicine and left it at that.

I see a tough game up there in Toronto. The Bills played well against the Rams and not saying Seattle can afford a loss but it may be a bit of a letdown game.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I really think people around the league are a little tired of Richard Sherman and his skating on this charge as long as he has. I would have had more respect for him had he taken his medicine and left it at that.

I see a tough game up there in Toronto. The Bills played well against the Rams and not saying Seattle can afford a loss but it may be a bit of a letdown game.
Eh. I don't really care what people around the league think of Sherman. He's needed for a playoff run, his suspension will likely not happen till next season. Doesn't bother me.

Road games are always tough for Seattle, hopefully that Chicago game was a turning point. A win in Toronto and a 49er loss Sunday night means next weeks Niners at Seahawks matchup on SNF is for 1st in the division.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 12-15-2012 at 12:42 PM.
XxXdragonXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations...ns-source-says

FCK ME

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could be a smoke screen maybe.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should trade Cousins for Tim Tebow.

He and RGIII are basically the same thing.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only advantage is that Cousins has no scouting reports out on him, but the truth is with the Browns run defense and Joe Haden I fully expect the Browns to put a whooping on us. Gordon and Weeden can most definitely blow the top off our historically bad pass defense.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Not that it makes much of a difference but I can't fathom how you could leak this information and not just wait until game time.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Should trade Cousins for Tim Tebow.

He and RGIII are basically the same thing.
Don't you dare insult RGIII is such a way.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

RG3's Facebook so it's official:

"The decision was not my own...
But I will be there for my team!!! In every way I possibly can"

Old 12-15-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't you dare insult RGIII is such a way.
Pfftt..if anything I just paid him a compliment. Hater.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redskins should still be able to take care of business against Cleveland.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I agree, although I would expect them to rely a little on the running game.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I'm not so sure. Browns will line-up to stop Morris. Haden will blanket Garcon. I switched my pick to the Browns in the pick em thread.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well a lot of people criticized the Cousins pick. But its times like these when a capable backup comes in handy. The Redskins are in a must win situation so there's a lot of pressure on Cousins. I'm intrigued to see how the offense changes with him at the helm and who wins, as the Browns have quietly gone 5-3 in their last 8.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns are pretty decent; they play some defense. It will be interesting to see how the Redskins offense runs without the threat of the read option looks. I know that it isn't their complete offense, but the threat of the QB running is something that the defense has to account for and it changes what the defense can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Snow bowl tonight in NE, just starting to come down now. I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Snow bowl tonight in NE, just starting to come down now. I love it
**** yeah! This is going to be a great game! Ground and pound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote