Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-15-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Probably better off for Toronto to avoid him. Dickey is a much better pitcher in the NL. He was never as good in the AL in the past. I don't think that's a coincidence.
Not even close to the same pitcher he was then.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably better off for Toronto to avoid him. Dickey is a much better pitcher in the NL. He was never as good in the AL in the past. I don't think that's a coincidence.
Is this srs?

And sorry Gonzo, but this is still very much on. d'Arnaud and Syndergaard are mine now.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Is this srs?

And sorry Gonzo, but this is still very much on. d'Arnaud and Syndergaard are mine now.
I should be stop listening to rumours but yes it does look like they are still trying to work something out. If you can get them both that's a steal. I am just hoping that the reason the trade hasn't happened yet is they the Jays don't want to trade both.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:41 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Vernon Wells going Yankees? Not happen.

21m each season next 2 years. Unless Angels cover 3/4 of his remainder contract, Yanks will not take a deal.

Wells has been up and down against southpaw. Not beneficial to Yanks.
Well obviously if they did somehow move Wells, they'd have to eat 90% of that contract most likely. That goes without saying

the only thing I could think here is that the Yanks may look at this as another Andruw Jones situation. I can only hope!

Wells to the Yanks would rule
Old 12-16-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'arnaud and Syndergaard!!!! Sandy is a miracle worker when this is official.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be a pretty good birthday present and a trade rape if I have ever seen one.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Is this srs?

Yeah well it was... but I still don't see Dickey having anything close to what he did last year if he was traded to the AL. But then again, I don't see him doing that ever again wherever he is, even if he stays with the Mets.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is this your coping mechanism for the Rangers not getting Dickey?

Seriously, it's not the league that matters. It's his perfection of the knuckleball over the last 3 years that's the difference.

He was pretty damn good in 2010 and 2011 too.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was my prediction a little over a week ago.

Quote:
The Mets want the world for Dickey despite him being on the wrong side of 35 and was pretty average up until the last two seasons.

The Mets will hold on to Dickey unless the Rangers offer Andrus or Profar and more... which won't happen. So I predict that Dickey will be with the Mets next season. He will fall down to earth and the Mets will be ******** themselves they didn't trade him when his stock was higher than it will ever be.
While not exactly what is happening I still think the bolded part is what is going to happen.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
This was my prediction a little over a week ago.

While not exactly what is happening I still think the bolded part is what is going to happen.
He was pretty average before he starting throwing the knuckleball effectively. Past three years he has been really good. Whether he gets traded to the Jays or not I think he be very good top of the rotation pitcher for the next few years. I still do think D'Arnaud and Syndergaard is too much to give up. D'Arnaud I can handle losing with his injury concerns but Syndergaard will only see his value rise with time. I am still hoping that the reason the trade hasn't happened is because the Jays don't want to give up Syndergaard and at this point it is really only NY media saying he is included in the deal so I am hoping the are just reporting what Sandy wants the Jays to give up.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Is this your coping mechanism for the Rangers not getting Dickey?

Seriously, it's not the league that matters. It's his perfection of the knuckleball over the last 3 years that's the difference.

He was pretty damn good in 2010 and 2011 too.
Yeah it's my coping mechanism for the Rangers not getting Dickey. 100% and nothing else.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah it's my coping mechanism for the Rangers not getting Dickey. 100% and nothing else.
Your logic is horrible otherwise.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Your logic is horrible otherwise.
I wasn't lying. Pure spite.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I met Cutch yesterday. It was awesome.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dickey is NOT the same pitcher as what he was in AL, come on guys.

The difference between the two leagues is not THAT significant.

I mean, he is a control pitcher. He has better command of that knuckleball that a lot of MLB pitchers have of their fastball. It's not like he just throws it and hopes batters swing, he throws it for strikes consistently. He relies on it even when he is behind in the count. That was NOT the case earlier in his career.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Dickey is NOT the same pitcher as what he was in AL, come on guys.

The difference between the two leagues is not THAT significant.

I mean, he is a control pitcher. He has better command of that knuckleball that a lot of MLB pitchers have of their fastball. It's not like he just throws it and hopes batters swing, he throws it for strikes consistently. He relies on it even when he is behind in the count. That was NOT the case earlier in his career.
That might be the biggest undersell I have seen in some time. If Dickey goes to the AL East I see his ERA being closer to 4 than 3 and double digit losses.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
That might be the biggest undersell I have seen in some time. If Dickey goes to the AL East I see his ERA being closer to 4 than 3 and double digit losses.
Well the win/loss would depend on run support as it always is with starting pitchers.

ERA would probably increase, but not to the point where he would just be average.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 12-16-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Well the win/loss would depend on run support as it always is with starting pitchers.

ERA would probably increase, but not to the point where he would just be average.
But in fairness he was average for his entire career up until two seasons ago. His success is based on the most fickle pitch in baseball and he is going to the AL that is often considered the league with better hitters.

How is he going to fair against the Tigers, Angles, Yankees, etc... As I said before I can easily see him come back to earth and the fact Toronto is giving up d'Arnaud and Syndergaard to get him is something they are going to regret.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Again, he is NOT the same guy.

Why is it so hard to believe that a player can make improvements?

His knuckleball is also different then what we used to seeing before. He throws it harder and the break is sharper. This allows him to throw for strikes.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 12-16-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Because its a ******* knuckleball... Sure he throws it harder and it might break more but he doesn't decide how it breaks or how its going to move. It is the most unpredictable pitch. Thus meaning that just like any other Knuckleball pitcher he can be hit and hit hard if he doesn't have it perfect.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

No, it breaks LESS. That's the point. That's how he is able to control it.

The last 3 years, he BB/9 was about 2. That's excellent for any pitcher, especially for a knuckleballer.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 12-16-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

So does he throw this mystical knuckleball along with a Gyroball and round out his repertoire with a Ephus?
Old 12-16-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Though the deal yet to be officially announced, multiple reports indicate the Mets will also send Josh Thole and a non-elite minor leaguer to Toronto for top Blue Jays prospect C Travis d’Arnaud, veteran C John Buck, RHP Noah Syndergaard (who is considered Toronto’s top pitching prospect), and another non-elite minor leaguer.

Does anyone have any idea yet who the non elite minor leaguer's could be?
Old 12-16-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Though the deal yet to be officially announced, multiple reports indicate the Mets will also send Josh Thole and a non-elite minor leaguer to Toronto for top Blue Jays prospect C Travis d’Arnaud, veteran C John Buck, RHP Noah Syndergaard (who is considered Toronto’s top pitching prospect), and another non-elite minor leaguer.

Does anyone have any idea yet who the non elite minor leaguer's could be?
Aaron Sanchez is considered the Jays best pitching prospect but Sydergaard is pretty much 1b. No word on who the non elite guy from the Jays is yet.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whadda haul