Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-16-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
So does he throw this mystical knuckleball along with a Gyroball and round out his repertoire with a Ephus?
Look, I'm not saying that Toronto wouldn't be risking here.

Like I said, he isn't a typical knuckleball pitcher. He actually has some effort in his delivery and his arm is already f'ed up. I highly doubt that he'll keep it up for very long.

Plus there is a big difference between pitching in Citi Field and in SkyDome.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
So does he throw this mystical knuckleball along with a Gyroball and round out his repertoire with a Ephus?
I made a pitcher like that once in a video game. Unstoppable.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Look, I'm not saying that Toronto wouldn't be risking here.

Like I said, he isn't a typical knuckleball pitcher. He actually has some effort in his delivery and his arm is already f'ed up. I highly doubt that he'll keep it up for very long.

Plus there is a big difference between pitching in Citi Field and in SkyDome.
Sorry I had to be an ass. I am just saying that sure he isn't the same guy he was when he played with Texas but I still don't see him being able to keep up what he did last season. Hell I have a hard time seeing him throw up the numbers he did two seasons ago.

Its just that he is going to play with a worse defensive infield, face better hitters and is relying on the most unpredictable pitch baseball has ever seen. I don't see him having enough success with the Jays to warrent trading your 3rd best pitching prospect and your best prospect that is easily (if he can stay there/ healthy) one of the best catching prospects in over a decade.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Catchers are very rarely the cornerstone players of a team. Such a volatile position. d'Arnaud has some plate discipline issues as well as some injury concerns, so the Jays trading him to get a pitcher of Dickey's caliber is fine to me

If I'm the Jays though, I'd be more hesitant on having to include Syndergaard in the deal as well, especially if what they are getting back beyond Dickey is Josh Thole and then some "non elite" prospect
Old 12-16-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Catchers are very rarely the cornerstone players of a team. Such a volatile position. d'Arnaud has some plate discipline issues as well as some injury concerns, so the Jays trading him to get a pitcher of Dickey's caliber is fine to me

If I'm the Jays though, I'd be more hesitant on having to include Syndergaard in the deal as well, especially if what they are getting back beyond Dickey is Josh Thole and then some "non elite" prospect
Agreed. I have come to terms with D'Arnaud being moved but Syndergaard really hurts. The Jays still have a bunch of great pitching prospects coming up but I thought D'Arnaud would have been enough to get Dickey. Looking right now like Dickey is asking for more from the Jays than he was from the Mets so we will see how this turns out.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, really? He is? That's weird
Old 12-16-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait, really? He is? That's weird
Pure speculation via twitter but that is what I am reading. I have been wrong before so who knows. Numbers I heard before were 2 years 26 mill, he appears to want more now.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

kind of a dick move if that's the case. Wasn't the 2yr/$26 mill the number HE floated out for what he wanted?
Old 12-16-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
kind of a dick move if that's the case. Wasn't the 2yr/$26 mill the number HE floated out for what he wanted?
Not a dick move. Consider the 2/26 a home team discount. He probably didn't want to uproot his family (again) over a couple million bucks of haggling with the Mets.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Xio is the only one here who understands what's going on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Good point. Sounds like they'll have until next Tuesday to get an extension done, and if they do then it's a done deal
Old 12-16-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pelfrey to the Twins? Yuck Minny.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-16-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Agreed. I have come to terms with D'Arnaud being moved but Syndergaard really hurts. The Jays still have a bunch of great pitching prospects coming up but I thought D'Arnaud would have been enough to get Dickey. Looking right now like Dickey is asking for more from the Jays than he was from the Mets so we will see how this turns out.
Whats the book on Syndergaard? Where's he ranked in BA?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Whats the book on Syndergaard? Where's he ranked in BA?
Unranked right now. Will probably be near the bottom when the new one is released. He continues to get better and looks to develop into a very good number 2, possibly an ace. I really like him as a prospect.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is incredibly risky for Toronto. A bit unnecessary.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I am seeing Daniel Norris ranked at the Jays best pitching prospect. He has a down year and probably is no better than 5th now after Aaron Sanchez, Roberto Osuna, Matt Smoral, and Marcus Stroman. Still a lot of pitching depth after this trade and A.J. Jimenez is a very nice C prospect.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Can't believe AA is getting schooled. Gonzo any word on what prospect we're sending your way?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-16-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Can't believe AA is getting schooled. Gonzo any word on what prospect we're sending your way?
I am hearing nothing yet. Jays have a ton of high upside non elite prospects so I am hoping it's not one of them. Any word on who the Mets are sending the Jays way?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Not sure either but Mets fans are thinking the same thing. We have a lot of younger Latin pitchers with good stuff and high upside so we assume it's one of them. As long as it's not Michael Fulmer I'll be happy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-16-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Not sure either but Mets fans are thinking the same thing. We have a lot of younger Latin pitchers with good stuff and high upside so we assume it's one of them. As long as it's not Michael Fulmer I'll be happy.
Do you know what positions the Mets are looking to fill out in their system? I can give you an idea of guys the Jays have that they could be moving? You greedy bastards though, I was thinking D'Arnaud for Dickey was enough so hopefully with Syndergaard heading you way as well you can send one of those Latins back. I was thinking you guys may be sending one of your SS's the Jays way.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I can tell you everything about the Mets farm. We have 2 SS's that we just got in Rosario and Cechinni but there is no way it's one of them going your way. It's definitely one of our pitchers or Aderlin Rodriguez who is a mid upside power hitter. He plays 3B and is boom or bust big time. I'm high on him though. System wise we're stocked on pitching but no C or OF.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-16-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I can tell you everything about the Mets farm. We have 2 SS's that we just got in Rosario and Cechinni but there is no way it's one of them going your way. It's definitely one of our pitchers or Aderlin Rodriguez who is a mid upside power hitter. He plays 3B and is boom or bust big time. I'm high on him though. System wise we're stocked on pitching but no C or OF.
A high upside power hitter is certainly a need. Jays have a ton of speed in the system but not much as far as power hitters go, especially in the IF.

Jays have a number of catchers in the system but D'Arnaud is heading your way. Also have a number of nice OF prospects. Jacob Anderson has a ton of upside and looks the part physically but had a terrible 2012 season. Kevin Pillar surprised everyone with his bat, having a great season, but is already 23. Both Chris Hawkins and Marcus Knecht have looked good and could end up as regulars in the bigs. There are a number of other recently drafted high upside OFs that I just don't see the Jays parting with.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mets are gonna win this trade but Jays need Dickey to win this division.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The division is more up for grabs than it will probably ever be again.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I am seeing Daniel Norris ranked at the Jays best pitching prospect. He has a down year and probably is no better than 5th now after Aaron Sanchez, Roberto Osuna, Matt Smoral, and Marcus Stroman. Still a lot of pitching depth after this trade and A.J. Jimenez is a very nice C prospect.
BP, BA and Minor League Ball have Syndergaard as the Jays 2nd best prospect behind only d'Arnaud for this season. He's ranked ahead of Aaron Sanchez