Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-13-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ed Hochuli's crew got the call on SNF...

Ruh. Roh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately there's no "Awesome Picture Thread", so I'm just gonna post this here:

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry guys you won't have to worry about Manningham he just got downgraded to doubtful.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's OK, because either his backup will succeed against our secondary or he (Manningham) wouldn't.

It just depends on which secondary shows up.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Moss doesn't go Moss on us.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I hope Moss doesn't go Moss on us.
Which Moss?

I love Randy Moss as a player, but he's more likely to be the Randy Moss in Oakland than the Randy Moss in NE on Sunday.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did take a 5 yard out into a 50+ yard TD catch and run.
He's not used a lot... I just don't want that one random big play to come on us

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots/49ers preview. Maybe not up to my usual standard, I've been pretty distracted by the school shooting in my town this week.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...k-fifteen.html
Old 12-16-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far this season the Pats have played 5 teams who would be in the playoffs it they started today (SF likely to be the 6th and final). In those games they are averaging 37 points per game with a low of 23 vs Seattle

In all other games they have scored on average 38.4 points per game with a low of 18 vs Arizona

To expand on this feat;

There have been 193 games so far which means games played by 386 teams (2 teams per game). Taking away the 14 performances from the Pats that leaves 372. The Pats are averaging 37.92 ppg. In the rest of the NFL 38 points or more have been scored on 28 occassions. On average, 2 teams on the full NFL schedule have been able to accomplish what the Pats are averaging. That is pretty damn impressive...and if you can't tell I'm a little bored waiting on tonight's game

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 12-16-2012 at 03:39 PM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well thats disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Well thats disappointing.
I'm glad they came back and made a game of it. It gives me legitimate hope that we can win if we end up playing them again. We just need to keep the pace up, hold onto the football, and hope Gronk can open things up for everyone else.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

What I don't get is why they just didn't go no-huddle from the get go. It always works against aggressive defenses and we probably wouldn't have been down 28. This was another poorly called game by McDaniels, and it was poorly executed by the players for most of the game. I'm sure BB will make a big deal of this.

Quote:
Old 12-17-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to get Gronk back. Pats should have won this game, but those turnovers... It was obvious they'd figured out the 49ers on the first possession of the 2nd half, but Ridley fumbled after a big run.

Frustrating to lose after that comeback, but it's kind of "whatever". They're in the playoffs and they've demonstrated dominance over all of the other playoff teams. They just need to get healthy.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
What I don't get is why they just didn't go no-huddle from the get go. It always works against aggressive defenses and we probably wouldn't have been down 28. This was another poorly called game by McDaniels, and it was poorly executed by the players for most of the game. I'm sure BB will make a big deal of this.
This, they only play with 12 players on defense. How was this not a good idea?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you guys but the 9ers knocked us back down to reality I think, and unfortunately that probably means were going to be forced to win a couple road games. Really unfortunate, special teams can kill you. **** you Arrington also. But the 9ers really did handle us until they decided to drop into zone for the last quarter and a half. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am impressed that we mounted that huge comeback...Brady was insane in the 2nd half.

Defensive backs really disappointing today. Arrington and his horseshit tackle of Crabtree.

I want to punch Ridley in the balls...hold onto the ******* ball!

Other than that I still like us going into the playoffs in the AFC...however, Manning and Denver scare me.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Tomorrow's "logic" on ESPN: Score 34 points with half of your team crapping the bed, defense giving up 41, and lose the game - must not be an MVP.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm with you guys but the 9ers knocked us back down to reality I think, and unfortunately that probably means were going to be forced to win a couple road games. Really unfortunate, special teams can kill you. **** you Arrington also. But the 9ers really did handle us until they decided to drop into zone for the last quarter and a half. Ugh.
It's not the worst thing in the world to have to play in the wildcard round. It's worked out really well for a lot of SB winners recently, allowing them to keep their momentum heading into the postseason. I hopefully think we can handle Cincinnati or Indy, and potentially catch a timing type team like Denver off in the playoffs.

As for the 49ers if we face them again I feel good about our chances. We moved the ball well in the 2nd half in part because of zone, but also because of the tempo gassing the defense. They don't have enough subs to constantly keep up with us. Add our most physical player Gronk to the equation and I think they wear down even faster next time. Plus, for as good as Willis and Bowman are I'd like to see them try and man up Gronk and Hernandez for an entire game.

If we can control the ball better than we did today we have a shot.

I feel a lot better now than I did 2 hours ago.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Tomorrow's "logic" on ESPN: Score 34 points with half of your team crapping the bed, defense giving up 41, and lose the game - must not be an MVP.
Brady had a 67 QB rating in the game, statzzzzzz
Old 12-17-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think so. The 49ers were ahead on turnovers.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:55 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my few thoughts on the game

First of all, reading the weekday thread today was hilarious. Seriously, the offense isn't going to click every single week, especially against a dominant defense, yet I seen massive criticisms of almost every offensive player last night.

Obviously I'm not happy we lost, but the way we came back has got to resinate with a lot of the younger players, and the fact they lost will give BB extra motivation over the next few weeks.

Outside of the first few series I thought the Pats did really well against Aldon Smith.

The 49ers deserve some blame for allowing Brady to pick apart their defense by going to zone to allow the short stuff, but let's not think they completely stopped playing man to man in the second half. Really only the first scoring drive did they generally drop in zones.

So many guys have asked why so much Danny Woodhead throughout the season? Well, for as talented as Ridley and Vereen are it's clear that BB doesn't trust them in big situations and really it's tough to blame him. Blame the weather if anyone wishes, but 2 fumbles giving up great field position is never a good sign.

Until he went all Superman on the 49ers Brady was having an off night. But at most all I can criticise him for his picks is with a bad decision to throw to Welker. Seriously, Welker running a seam route? WTF??? That said, the throw wasn't bad but Welker stopped expecting a flag and the Smith pick was so bad on Hernandez's part.

Aqib Talib is a boss. That is all.

As strange as it sounds, especially since they gave up 41, but by in large I thouht the defense played pretty well (Kyle Arrington withstanding). One of the big issues I am seeing is the pass rush. I don't think Chandler Jones is fully healthy as he isn't playing the same amount of snaps and just isn't making an impact.

Sorry Cmarq, but Hightower played a pretty damn good game last night, by far the Pats best LB.

Can someone explain to me how Nate Solder can do a good job (not pretty) on some of the best and most athletic defensive linemen and OLBs in the NFL, yet he can't stop a DT with a speed move to the outside?

Special teams can suck a dick. Seriously Marquice Cole made one of the most pathetic attempts on a tackle on the fake punt. We need a new punt returner because Welker is slower than Brandon Spikes, kick coverage was very poor and the return unis gave up too many penalties.

Not bitching about this, because it happens to all teams, and some weeks it would favour the Pats, but damn did the breaks not go our way last night. The 49ers fumbled 5 snaps and not one was recovered, and one turned into a TD. The Pats fumble twice and the 49ers get set up beautifully.

Guys, I think we need to eat some humble pie on this one. Vernon Davis had 10 more receiving yards than Gronk, and that pretty much confirms for me he is the GOAT

Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 AM    (permalink
ashleywilliam
Rookie

ashleywilliam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i want also want Patrick Willis,Reggie Nelson coz both r great player.
ashleywilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:45 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywilliam View Post
i want also want Patrick Willis,Reggie Nelson coz both r great player.
???

Not sure if this is being stupid or a spam bot but what the hell I'll bite

First of all I'm pretty sure the 49ers won't let Willis go and the Pats wouldn't pay what he makes when in general I think they are content with their LB core

Secondly, Reggie Nelson is not a great player, never was and never will be

Old 12-17-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post

Sorry Cmarq, but Hightower played a pretty damn good game last night, by far the Pats best LB.
I just wanted to explain my frustration with the Hightower play, and I mdidn't feel like the gameday thread was the best place to get into a pissing contest. The Pats were in a cover 3 shell on that play, and there was a receiver in the slot going up the seam. Hightower dropped off into the flat. Delanie Walker looked to either do a wheel route or a chair route I'd have to see it again, but Hightower had a clear shot to disrupt him off his route within the 5 yard area. He feigned a push, but was far more concerned with Kaepernick taking off, so I think he abandoned what should have been a clear shot at a reroute. Walker kept all his momentum which would have made for a very difficult transition for Dennard had he played it perfectly which he didn't, but he had to account for that guy going up the seam in case he broke his route to a corner route. Had Hightower bumped him Dennard may have had the opportunity to scan back and transition to cover Walker on that route. Call it rookie mistakes or what you will, but IMO he's the number 1 culprit on that TD.

Overall it wasn't a bad game from Hightower, he made some good plays and bad plays. He had a nice pressure in the 1st half and was in on that forced fumble early in the game, but had some bad plays as well including getting blown off the ball twice by Davis.

I know I'm really hard on the guy. It's a very frustrating pick for me because he's been exactly what I predicted so far. He makes some nice impressive plays, but substantively he has a long way to go before he isn't a liability on our defense. I like when they use him on the outside and blitz him, even though he needs to work on setting the edge, but they use him mostly as a conventional LB which IMO he's not very good at right now. He needs to start making the plays he can make like the Walker play to improve.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Yeah, I think those comments are fair enough. Watching the game at the time and seeing twitter comments blasting Dennard I thought it was ridiculous because he was literally stuck between 2 TEs (Dennard is 5'10 200ish and really shouldn't be the main coverage guy on TEs, let alone on 2). However in general I don't think his technique was great on the play. He needs to play outside in really. Trust your makeup speed or the deep safety to get to Davis before the throw arrives, but by shading inside he really had no chance. That being said both guys had free releases and really the play was there from the get go.

I think it's an indication of how BB wanted the defense to play Kaep. For every simple handoff there was always a defender there to meet Kaep to limit his rushes, however you can't defend Gore successfully with 10 men and it also hurts the initial level of the pass defense.

I know Mayo made a lot of tackles last night but I was actually disappointed with him. Towards the end of the game Spikes made some nice tackles but throuhout the entire game I thought Hightower was very solid. He's never going to be a guy like Jon Beason who is basically a rocked up safety, but he holds his own in coverage, is a very good blitzer and good in the run game.