Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-12-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Abu Nazir of S1 isn't even a villain like Abu Nazir S2 is a villain.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brody was definitely the main villain the first season and a half. Once they caught it him it became Nazir. No way can Estes ever live up to that.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The point is that it would be stupid to make Estes the villain, and I wouldn't like it nearly as much.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-12-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not ENTIRELY sure I'd watch Homeland without Brody in it, but I don't know how they'll keep him on the show now.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm entirely sure ill give them a chance to start the third season no matter what. They've certainly earned it. From what we've seen these two seasons ill have faith in these writers.

They easily could have slow played this season. Instead we got one of my favorite seasons of tv ever.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I'm entirely sure ill give them a chance to start the third season no matter what. They've certainly earned it. From what we've seen these two seasons ill have faith in these writers.

They easily could have slow played this season. Instead we got one of my favorite seasons of tv ever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-12-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Really. And I don't care what anyone says. I didn't say best, only my favorite. And I can tell you I've never liked a tv show this much.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I thought it was going amazingly well until they morphed Nazir into a boring action movie villain. The early episodes in the season were great, and the Brody/Carrie interrogation scene was great TV. But they just killed it after that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-13-2012, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Undoubtedly the first 5 episodes or so were the best part of the whole series. But I've thought damn near every episode was awesome and I'm obsessed with the characters.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was anyone else waiting on the house to blow up once the kids walked in without the parents at the end if last episode.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, but I was expecting Brody to get shot in the head in his car after Mike's girlfriend stepped out and he was just sitting there reflecting/thinking.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Ugh, just ugh. Having Nazir come to the US is going to be the moment where this show took a turn for the worst. I mean, I loved 24 and all, but that show existed in a different world where those kind of storylines fit much better.
I agree with this statement completely. Abu Nazir just got way too close to the other characters. Part of what made his character great was the mysterious nature and disconnect felt from the rest of the cast. It doesn't make sense for Nazir to put himself at risk like that. I guess we'll find out in the finale, but it looks like next season is almost certainly going to be Carrie/Brody trying to hide from the CIA and Saul doing something to take down Estes along the way.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

It doesn't make sense for him to come to America in real life at all. But for the sake of the show I think I was best. They clearly wanted to wrap up everything to do with Nazir, and that can't be done without killing him. Him coming to America made it so Carrie and company could hunt him down.

But yes in real life there's no way he'd have ever come to America. Just allowed us to get to see him interact with Carrie and her finally bring down the terrorist she's been hunting for years.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Definitely nothing like I expected the finale to go. But they certainly did a good job of setting up the 3rd season. But since they've clearly made the show about Brody and Carrie, makes me wonder how much more they can go.

If they even come close to living up to this season, ill be shocked. This is a show I hope they don't take too far, it really could have an amazing run if they have a strong 3rd season planned and end it at that.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone think Brody was involved with the explosion? Seemed a little odd the way he reacted when Carrie told him she chose him over the job.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he was involved.

I need to rewatch this episode. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it if I'm being honest. I've never really cared about the Brody/Carrie relationship stuff, so I'm kind of glad that is ending, but I'm not sure how they're going to keep this all together.

A few thoughts before I go to bed: Saul is the best character on this show. Mandy Patinkin is a ******* badass and should play every role on every TV show from now until forever. Also Quinn is a badass.

That is all.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:51 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nevermind. Writers pretty much confirmed that it was just Nazir all along. He played Brody knowing he had already turned and was working for the CIA.

http://www.sho.com/sho/video/titles/...ors-the-choice
Old 12-17-2012, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was an incredible finale. I really like how the tied the whole season together and set up the next.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yup. Loved how nothing went unused, save for the filler crap with Dana and Finn. Nazir was always ahead of everyone, that's why they could never catch him. His speech to Carrie prepared us for this. He went to America because he knew that his ultimate plan was to kill some of the most powerful and influential people in the US Government, and at that point the only way he'd be able to do it is by sacrificing himself. Brody was right, he'd die 1000 times over if he had the chance to kill all those people involved. Really glad with how it turned out overall, Quinn threatening Estes was awesome too. Just curious how they're gonna keep Brody as a main character on the show when he's no longer relevant in the terror plot.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Carrie working to clear his name while the rest of the CIA hunts for him. Once again, the CIA will be too stupid to listen to always right Carrie.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't think he was involved.

I need to rewatch this episode. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it if I'm being honest. I've never really cared about the Brody/Carrie relationship stuff, so I'm kind of glad that is ending, but I'm not sure how they're going to keep this all together.

A few thoughts before I go to bed: Saul is the best character on this show. Mandy Patinkin is a ******* badass and should play every role on every TV show from now until forever. Also Quinn is a badass.

That is all.
I really hope they find a way to involve Quin next season. I doubt the little speech he gave was for nothing and is hopefully an indicator he will be around. He seemed to really turn towards Brody's cause and if anyone would understand whether he was capable of the bombing it would probably be him. He seems like the type of guy who would sniff a cover-up like that from a mile away.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I really hope they find a way to involve Quin next season. I doubt the little speech he gave was for nothing and is hopefully an indicator he will be around. He seemed to really turn towards Brody's cause and if anyone would understand whether he was capable of the bombing it would probably be him. He seems like the type of guy who would sniff a cover-up like that from a mile away.
I was hoping they would show Quin after the explosion and deaths to see his reaction to it. He just gave Estes an ear full about how he only kills bad people and then there is a giant bomb at the CIA and Brody is linked to it. I wonder if he believes Brody is involved or not. He has seen the video before, so he knows that it has nothing to do with the CIA bombing, but maybe he's regretting his decision now.

If he kills Brody, they don't use his car in the bombing, so it likely never takes place.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I was hoping they would show Quin after the explosion and deaths to see his reaction to it. He just gave Estes an ear full about how he only kills bad people and then there is a giant bomb at the CIA and Brody is linked to it. I wonder if he believes Brody is involved or not. He has seen the video before, so he knows that it has nothing to do with the CIA bombing, but maybe he's regretting his decision now.

If he kills Brody, they don't use his car in the bombing, so it likely never takes place.
Yup, but the writers mention in that clip i posted that his change of heart in recognizing that Brody was now innocent and that Carrie is awesomesauce, unintentionally kept Nazir's plan going, since absolutely no one knew what the true plan was.

I was also curious to see how Quinn would react, but i think it's fair to say that he'd believe Carrie/Brody. Stalking them made him a believer. But i also hope Quinn is back. The CIA had most of their agents wiped out, they might need him to come and run a foreign intelligence unit.

Saul as the CIA director FTW
Old 12-17-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah I hope Quin is back too. But I am kind of sad that Estes is dead. He was a monumental prick but I liked his character anyway.

And with Brody on the run you can bet that the family is pretty much unnecessary, which sucks because I liked Dana. The rest of them can eat a bowl of poo, but I thought Dana was a great actress and she at least had a little substance behind her.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

With Brody gone, maybe we'll see more of Ms. Brody's tits.