Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 11-06-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mock 1

1. Bjoern Werner DE Florida State 6-4/255 Allows M. Johnson to move on if he wants to. Werner is an immediate upgrade to the run defense on the other side of Dunlop.

2a. Giovani Bernard RB North Carolina 5-10/205 Bernard is a complete back who can be a work horse while actually being a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.

2b. Matt Elam SS Florida 5-10/205 He was the #1 rated safety coming out of high school and has continued to showcase those skills at Florida. Only a junior, it appears that he will enter the draft early.

3. Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State 6-2/237 This move allows Burfict to move into the MLB role. Howard takes back his WLB spot and Hodges takes over for Lawson who is struggling almost as much as Maualuga. Say goodbye to Maualuga and free up some $$$.

What do you think?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Elam is not that good.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:27 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't want anything to do with Werner either. That spot could be used to fill a much more pressing need IMO and unless MJ is gonna demand a big contract, which I don't really see him doing as he doesn't really have the leverage to do so, we're not gonna need to waste that pick in that position. Would rather take a LB, DB, or RB in that order. We just saw what our DL rotation can do when it's at full strength against an OL that hadn't allowed more than one sack in a single game all year. I only expect Still and Thompson to continue to improve, which could make Pat Sims replaceable should he choose to test FA, which I suspect he will.

I say we go BPA regardless of position outside of QB/OT in the first round but that's prolly just me. If MJ garners a big contract let him walk and DE becomes a much bigger priority because we have no one to really fill that void that offers much. Gilberry was a solid midseason pick up but I don't see him as much more than a spot player. Geathers is more or less a body anymore.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we could lose MJ, Dunlap can't stay healthy, Gilberry is a spot guy and Geathers is just a body. Even if we KEEP MJ, how is DE not a need?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
So we could lose MJ, Dunlap can't stay healthy, Gilberry is a spot guy and Geathers is just a body. Even if we KEEP MJ, how is DE not a need?
Bengals prolly won't resign Geathers...at least not to the same deal he has. I would hope not anyway. Likely MJ will want alot, Dunlap can't stay healthy, and when he does he isnt an every down DE. Couple that with my prediction that we won't resign Geathers and you will be going into next season with....

Carlos Dunlap and that might be it.

That being said is Werner the answer? No. First off he won't be there when the Bengals pick. If he holds true and is drafted high he won't be there. A big surprise would be that the Bengals use the Plethora of DT's and swing Atkins outside at DE and run a 3-4. Extremely unlikely...but I wonder how it would work? Would hate to see it fail if it did happen.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think OLB is more of a need than DE. Howard's return is certainly no sure thing. Lamur is looking pretty good, but a starter; I;m not sure. Lawson flatout stinks. If we could get a solid starting OLB with that #1 pick, I'd take my chances that they can find DE help in Rd 2 or 3. They also have to draft a RB in one of those rounds also and a Safety in the first 4 rds. Can't forget that we get Ghee and Prater back next year and I think both can help us there.I think the organization likes Geathers and hehas to know that he is no million dollar baby anymore. He'll be reasonsable I believe. MJ will be expensive. If he wants to remain, we'll be OK. Atkins should be extended now too
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An ESPN mock had us taking Alec Ogletree. I would blow my load if we were able to snag him. Move him outside and have him play alongside Burfict and Luga. Ohmuhgawd.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take that draft.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just opposed to DE in the first, not altogether. Unless of course the player there is too good to pass up a la Mingo or Montgomery.

Ogletree would be a perfect fit for us IMO.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote