Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Borat is already on the "cool" list. I don't think he needs to worry about it.
The anti-cool list is just a napkin with "Ness" written on it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eat a fat dick, Steelers.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I'm gonna need a 49er tshirt or something to rep them in the play offs. Gonna need to order online being in Packer country.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The anti-cool list is just a napkin with "Ness" written on it.
Oh no it originally says Brodeur. Probably just seems a little hard to make out after I wiped my ass with it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 12-17-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL flab

Old 12-17-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw this when it happened and the first thing I did was call my wife over to see this man's boob hanging out the side of his pads.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oh no it originally says Brodeur. Probably just seems a little hard to make out after I wiped my ass with it.
Why did you use a napkin instead of toilet paper?
Old 12-17-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can somebody, anybody explain to me how the follow set of conditions can lead to the following result?

Condition 1) Brady Quinn is your starting QB. Don't laugh. This is a legitimate question.

Condition 2) Jamaal Charles is your starting RB, the ridiculous weapon that he is. You know, the guy about to set the record for YPC in a career once he gets a few more carries.

Condition 3) You are in a game in which the opposing team is unable to get a single touchdown. The game is still a 2 TD game until less than 7 min left in the game.

Result) Jamaal Charles gets 9 total rushing attempts.

Can someone please explain this to me? Anyone?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Why did you use a napkin instead of toilet paper?
Clearly some douche forgot to replace the toilet paper after they used the last of the roll.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Can somebody, anybody explain to me how the follow set of conditions can lead to the following result?

Condition 1) Brady Quinn is your starting QB. Don't laugh. This is a legitimate question.

Condition 2) Jamaal Charles is your starting RB, the ridiculous weapon that he is. You know, the guy about to set the record for YPC in a career once he gets a few more carries.

Condition 3) You are in a game in which the opposing team is unable to get a single touchdown. The game is still a 2 TD game until less than 7 min left in the game.

Result
Romeo Crennel and Brian Daboll. I win.

And I told you for a week that this wouldn't be a close game. You owe me an ice cold Sprite the next time I'm on the west coast.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Romeo Crennel. I win.

And I told you for a week that this wouldn't be a close game. You owe me an ice cold Sprite the next time I'm on the west coast.
For your sake, I truly hope Romeo Crennel is gone after this season. He had no business retaining his interim position after last season.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Clearly some douche forgot to replace the toilet paper after they used the last of the roll.
Unfortunately it was what it was.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

See "Worst QB in the NFL thread" starring brady ***** himself. HES THAT BAD and makes everyone else around him that much worse. KC's coaches, owners, and management as a whole should be admonished for allowing such an affront to the teams dignity remain on field for so long

Last edited by Swoll_Cat : 12-17-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Swoll_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The explanation for this is actually far more simple than his coach or anything like that...

I took Charles for my fantasy team and needed a big week from him this week.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs are clearly trying to save Charles for when they stop sucking.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romeo saw one of his players blow his head off two weeks ago. Maybe the HC isn't in his right frame of mind to be coaching.

Andy Reid would be so boss with the Chiefs roster, except he needs to bring a QB with him.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The Chiefs are clearly trying to save Charles for when they stop sucking.
So they did take something from Chan Gailey's brief time there.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For your sake, I truly hope Romeo Crennel is gone after this season. He had no business retaining his interim position after last season.
I don't see how he keeps his job. I don't see how anyone keeps their jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
crennel just wanted to prove that, had peyton gone to the 'obvious best team possible' in the preseason, he still would've ensured that KC would fail spectacularly.
Ugh. Can't wait until the Broncos get bounced in the first round of the playoffs so I can have the old njx back.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mason Crosby Isn't Losing His Job.

Crosby is a talented Kicker who's having a terrible season but the Packers don't want to cut ties with him. I get that. But what the hell are they going to do about the playoffs?

Is Crosby going to suffer a phantom injury so they can stick him on IR and bring in a Kicker who isn't screwed up in the brain?

Are they going to just not attempt FGs in the playoffs? Always either go for it on fourth or punt?

Are they going to get eliminated because their headcase Kicker is a headcase!?!
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny how kickers can just "switch off" like that. Vanderjagt is still a prime example. Every time he was trotted out it was "oh, he's the most accurate kicker in NFL history!" And then he just lost whatever "it" is that kickers need to have and never recovered.

David Akers seems to be going that way in San Fran too. He's getting older, but leg strength isn't the issue. He tied the NFL record earlier this year don't forget. But he's missing far more than he should be, looking like he did at the end of his Philly run when he could no longer hit consistently.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
David Akers seems to be going that way in San Fran too. He's getting older, but leg strength isn't the issue. He tied the NFL record earlier this year don't forget. But he's missing far more than he should be, looking like he did at the end of his Philly run when he could no longer hit consistently.
I think it's like a golf swing. Akers hurt his pelvis and, though he said it had no effect, I think there has to be some psychosomatic effect. The "yips" so to speak.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was just as impressed with how he burned Sherman for the touchdown. One of the best games I've seen from Stevie. Easily one of his best of the past two years.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post

Was just as impressed with how he burned Sherman for the touchdown. One of the best games I've seen from Stevie. Easily one of his best of the past two years.
Yea as a Pats fan I have to say watching Stevie take it to Revis on occasion has been entertaining to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish the Bills had a QB. Stevie, Freddy, Spiller and maybe now Graham are all dangerous players that could be a ton of fun to watch a franchise QB work with.

The defense...but offensively they could be ******* awesome.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

It's a pretty average arsenal, outside of Spiller. Graham is kind of a turd, still. Way too many drops yesterday. He's a project and can get deep, so obviously we're not looking at him as a tool for Fitzpatrick. But obviously we need a QB. Nix recently commented about looking for a QB and true outside receiver in this draft, hard to disagree with that.