Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-16-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Who are YOU to judge who is worthy of of first overall pick? Please explain to me why you dont believe any of the QBs are not 1st overall material.
As of now there isn't. Sure Geno can blow people away with his workouts and might look like one but he clearly isnt a hands down first overall pick right now.
tmljeh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
So you want to drastically reach for a QB just because your O sucks?
Absolutely. Any of the QB's in the draft are a significant upgrade for us at QB. Cassel and Quinn are that bad.

Who else should we take with the first pick?

Te'o is not worth the first overall pick, Jones is not needed when we have both OLB's who are 10+ sack guys, Joekel isn't needed because we have Albert who's only given up 1 sack all year and God help me if we draft Star Lotuleioewhatever with the 1st pick.

We've drafted DL high in the first round 3 out of the last 5 years. Taking another one right now is just stupid.

QB is the most important position in all of sports. Reaching for one, especially when you have a huge need, is worth it.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!

Last edited by KCStud : 12-16-2012 at 08:26 PM.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Absolutely. Any of the QB's in the draft are a significant upgrade for us at QB. Cassel and Quinn are that bad.

Who else should we take with the first pick?

Te'o is not worth the first overall pick, Jones is not needed when we have both OLB's who are 10+ sack guys, Joekel isn't needed because we have Albert who's only given up 1 sack all year and God help me if we draft Star Lotuleioewhatever with the 1st pick.

We've drafted DL high in the first round 3 out of the last 5 years. Taking another one right now is just stupid.

QB is the most important position in all of sports. Reaching for one, especially when you have a huge need, is worth it.
I agree they are putrid but you would be best served trying everything to trade back. Being able to snag Geno or Barkley 3-5 or further back would be ideal. Its an absolutely awful draft for top 5 talent.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree they are putrid but you would be best served trying everything to trade back. Being able to snag Geno or Barkley 3-5 or further back would be ideal. Its an absolutely awful draft for top 5 talent.
Saying you should trade back and being able to trade back are two vastly different things. And if you CAN trade back, you better be damn sure the guy you like is there when you're picking.

Me, I'd rather just take him when we're first able to and not chance it. I'm tired of being a laughing stock.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Saying you should trade back and being able to trade back are two vastly different things. And if you CAN trade back, you better be damn sure the guy you like is there when you're picking.

Me, I'd rather just take him when we're first able to and not chance it. I'm tired of being a laughing stock.
Agreed trading up and down is easier said then done. Hence why I said you should try not that it should just happen.

If you're tired of being a laughing stock then just imagine if you swing and miss at a QB #1 overall that wasnt worth the pick to being with.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed trading up and down is easier said then done. Hence why I said you should try not that it should just happen.

If you're tired of being a laughing stock then just imagine if you swing and miss at a QB #1 overall that wasnt worth the pick to being with
It could somehow get worse?

Scared money don't make money.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised Kirk Cousins hasn't been mentioned 17 times in this thread.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If you're tired of being a laughing stock then just imagine if you swing and miss at a QB #1 overall that wasnt worth the pick to being with.
At least in that scenario we tried. Anything is better than the same crap we've been doing for three decades. Anything. Even a Jamarcus Russell level bust.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

Quote:
At least in that scenario we tried. Anything is better than the same crap we've been doing for three decades. Anything. Even a Jamarcus Russell level bust.
I just have this feeling that someone is going to make a blockbuster and move up to 1 for Geno. The Jets and Eagles are my gut feeling. The Jets made a big move for Sanchez and the Eagles were in talks about moving up for RG3. It wouldn't surprise me at all.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just have this feeling that someone is going to make a blockbuster and move up to 1 for Geno. The Jets and Eagles are my gut feeling. The Jets made a big move for Sanchez and the Eagles were in talks about moving up for RG3. It wouldn't surprise me at all.
Both could have new GMs (Eagles definitely), so not sure that is applicable.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chiefs can trade out of 1 in order to not take Geno than I would be happy. If I'm reaching for a QB I think I'm reaching for one of the Tyler's. I like their games the best.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see the Jets making a big move up this year. They really have too many holes on both sides of the ball, plus Sanchez is pretty much tied to the team next year too. The Eagles could do it but I see them possibly seeing what they have for a full year with Foles. I don't think this is a great year for QBs. Teams will overdraft guys like Geno based on positional value while teams who may have moved up for a Luck, RG3 etc will happily let guys like Star, Joeckel etc fall to them

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I don't see the Jets making a big move up this year. They really have too many holes on both sides of the ball, plus Sanchez is pretty much tied to the team next year too. The Eagles could do it but I see them possibly seeing what they have for a full year with Foles. I don't think this is a great year for QBs. Teams will overdraft guys like Geno based on positional value while teams who may have moved up for a Luck, RG3 etc will happily let guys like Star, Joeckel etc fall to them
If Rex stays in NY then no they won't. But both teams might and probably will have a new HC (especially Philly). I can't see how a HC would like to have a QB forced upon them unless you have a legit franchise QB or a stellar prospect that a coach would be drawn there to coach to begin with. Foles is neither of those.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Both could have new GMs (Eagles definitely), so not sure that is applicable.
The Eagles GM, Howie Roseman, was given a 5 year extension in the offseason. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

All of the coaches are getting fired, obviously, but Roseman will continue to be the GM indefinitely.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
trappeshot
Rookie

trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.

If i were the cheifs i would swap firsts with the pats for ryan mallett
trappeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappeshot View Post

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Surprised Kirk Cousins hasn't been mentioned 17 times in this thread.
And I'm surprised no one has responded to this post. If I'm Kansas City I think I'd rather have Cousins for a third round pick (the first pick of the third, I'm assuming) and keep the first two for other positions.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would Washington even trade him for that? The 2nd round pick would probably make more sense, although I think that could be too much.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot even fathom why someone would think it would be best for the Chiefs to trade for Cousins instead of drafting one of these QB's.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is a case where need trumps all. There is *no* way the Chiefs can justify taking another DL (Star) in round 1 with the offensive failure they've been suffering (unless they can work a trade for a credible veteran starter).

It seems clear that the Quinn/Cassel + Daboll combination is the root of all evil in this situation... so draft Geno Smith and bring in a OC who can work with his talents.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:17 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is full of all the lols especially since tmljeh19 started posting
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappeshot View Post
So we'd give up number 1 overall for a pick in the late 20s or 30s to get Ryan Mallett? What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
And I'm surprised no one has responded to this post. If I'm Kansas City I think I'd rather have Cousins for a third round pick (the first pick of the third, I'm assuming) and keep the first two for other positions.
This is the same thing we've ALWAYS DONE. ALWAYS. Get someone elses QB. And to be honest, the same question is raised here: WHO do we take first overall? What other position?

It's QB or bust, and that's it. Nothing else makes the least bit of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I cannot even fathom why someone would think it would be best for the Chiefs to trade for Cousins instead of drafting one of these QB's.
I can't either.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is the same thing we've ALWAYS DONE. ALWAYS. Get someone elses QB. And to be honest, the same question is raised here: WHO do we take first overall? What other position?

It's QB or bust, and that's it. Nothing else makes the least bit of sense.
As a fan of a team that just ended its run of doing exactly this (taking QBs in the mid-rounds of the draft and signing/trading for other teams' backups to have them compete), I completely agree with viddy here. The Chiefs have to take a chance on their own QB in the first round. If they do anything else, they'll regret it big-time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
The Chiefs have been going after and relying on other team's backups and leftovers for decades. Literally. And it hasn't worked. Well, not since Len Dawson 40+ years ago. I'm not sure why there is this segment of people that want us to do it yet again with Cousin or Alex Smith or whoever. It's WAY past time for the Chiefs to draft and develop THEIR OWN franchise signal caller instead of feasting on leftovers. The list of QBs that the Chiefs have gone after that were castoffs from other teams is long and littered with failures. The closest they've come to being successful with that was probably Joe Montana back in 93. But, that was Joe Freaking Montana.

The best route for the Chiefs is to draft and develop their own QB. Not rely on someone else's leftovers. Because that hasn't worked.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Captain Kirk Cousins is the second coming of Trent Green. I think the guy is a ten+ year starter who can be a top 10 QB for his NFL career.

Chiefs IMO should look into it since a 2nd and maybe a mid/lower round pick in 2014 would get the deal done.

But I wouldn't do it unless the Chiefs had Cousins rated very highly before the 2012 draft and are in love with him now.